Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 07-24-2018, 09:51 PM   #1
hammer5662
Bat Boy

Is this a league setting issue?

First of all the game is great, I used to play OOTP2-OOTP 6.5 back in the early 2000's almost religiously and came back to the game with this version

I am playing as the St. Paul Saints in the American Association Independent League, I play pitch-by pitch, started with a custom game, I did not touch or adjust any of the league settings under the stats&AI

My issue is that whoever the AI sends out as the starting pitcher they seem to turn into a staff ace. My team will consistently strike out 8,9,10 or more times a game. Which is disheartening as my pitchers can only manage to get 5 strike outs a game (if they are lucky).

Looking at the team pitching stats after 18 games my team has just 80 strikeouts, the next fewest team has 134, the highest is 180. Something about these stats make no sense at all.
hammer5662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:27 PM   #2
battists
Hall Of Famer

So, unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to tell if there is anything wrong yet, because your sample size is tiny. You'd really have to play a whole season to even have enough data to make an argument one way or the other.

At the very least, report back at midseason...?

Sorry, I'm sure this isn't helpful. Perhaps others are experiencing something similar? I play in a rookie league, and play out every game, but not every pitch, and I haven't seen anything similar. But I'm in a totally fictional league.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:36 PM   #3
hammer5662
Bat Boy

thanks, no it does helps. I'll play further along in the season and report back see if I'm still striking out a ton.
hammer5662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:53 PM   #4
battists
Hall Of Famer

I guess I should also point out, are you fielding a lineup with a lot players with poor Avoid Ks ratings? That could make a difference as well.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:03 PM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

check out

league settings->stats and ai

right side, autocalculate modifiers (LTM - league total modifers) button is available before game 1 and during preaseason of each league. clicking it will in simple terms callibrate the league to those league totals and your current talent levels. infer what makes sense from that. you don't need to click it often. change of eras or change of totals or ... you get the idea. it gets you in the ballpark and you can adjust form there on an individual LTM basis.

anyway, that will allay any fears of something being off league-wide, if you are content with the league total values you see.

if you want something a bit different, adjust modifiers after 'autocalculating'. don't adjust the league totals on their own. they need to add up and jive together for best results. simple change modifiers over time and eventually you'll rarely touch them again.

long story short, after clicking that button, if you see that type of results, it's within normal most likely.

you may have different ideas about what is 'right' for that league and time in history. in that case it will take a bit more to get what you want to see. if you want 10% less SO compared to Totals, take 10% off the resulting LTM after an auto-calculate... then, small adjustments for fine-tuning. (auto-calcing the LTMs will reset that 10% deduction, fyi)

just as before, small changes over time will fine tune the results to anything that differs from what is default in OotP.

ignore all single game results. odd stuff happens constantly.

Last edited by NoOne; 07-25-2018 at 11:06 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote