Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-19-2016, 08:11 PM   #1
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Is there a way to play the 2016 season with OOTP 16?

Everytime I get a new game, I have to go through and change all the defaults, check and uncheck stuff that I've forgotten how to do, etc, etc.

I was quite happy with OOTP 16 and everything ran beautifully.

OOTP 17 has been driving me crazy.

Is there a way to just get that new season and load it into my OOTP 16 game? That is one thing I love about Action PC. Sure, it doesn't have the Management system OOTP does, but if all I want to do is play the 2016 season, I just have to buy that season and play it with my current edition. There is no need to upgrade the game itself.

As for my older leagues that I run,I don't need to upgrade. They run just fine with OOTP 16.

I'm starting to wonder, for what I do, if it is worth it to upgrade the game every year and go through this aggravation of trying to figure how to do things? I just buy it 'blindly' every year without even worrying about all the new features. I also buy it to play the current season.

Thx

Last edited by Leefoo; 03-19-2016 at 08:13 PM.
Leefoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:20 PM   #2
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Only way of someone makes an updated roster with full updated minors for 16 and makes a QuickStart but with 17 out not very slick chance any one will devout too much time on 16 now

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:27 PM   #3
sdorman22
Minors (Rookie Ball)

My suggestion would be to take the time just the once to make a little document on your computer and write down all the settings you change from default. Then in future years if this happens it will be much quicker to fix your stuff.

Out of curiosity tough, what kind of stuff changed on you? I guess I play with a lot of stuff at default, but when I imported my game from 2016 I didn't notice many issues, other than having to regenerate pictures and bring my ball parks over. I may need to go check my settings, lol.
sdorman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:04 PM   #4
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Is 16 works amazing for me

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 06:59 AM   #5
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdorman22 View Post
My suggestion would be to take the time just the once to make a little document on your computer and write down all the settings you change from default. Then in future years if this happens it will be much quicker to fix your stuff.

Out of curiosity tough, what kind of stuff changed on you? I guess I play with a lot of stuff at default, but when I imported my game from 2016 I didn't notice many issues, other than having to regenerate pictures and bring my ball parks over. I may need to go check my settings, lol.
Thx....I will put that in a word doc with pics and everything. I've never been a "default" kind of guy. Great suggestion!

I have two questions:

1) I see that I can save a template, but I can't figure out how to import it so that (maybe?) I don't have to do all that changing around?

2) How did you get your pictures to "regenerate"? I changed the database directory to my photos in OOTP16 (I have a LARGE amount of pics dating back to the 1900s...and it is way too cumbersome to move), but not all my pics re-generated, like, for instance Francisco Liriano and others. Maybe 2/3 "came thru".
Leefoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:11 AM   #6
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

To import a template to a new go to create custom game. On the left bar there are three tabs you can click. Click advanced settings > import template

To import to an existing game go to settings > global settings (top left) > available global actions (top right) > import template
Old 03-21-2016, 04:19 PM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

you could import players from 17... you'd have to mass copy palyerid and teamid to match new league id's.

as long as they didn't alter the format of the import/export beyond just re-ordering it, it is possible with a little effort and forethought.

from what i read, there are some nice upgrades, though. i'd just suck it up and get used to what is different. in a short amount of time it won't be frustrating at all.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote