Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-17-2016, 08:54 PM   #1
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Game on new pc wacky : (

I shouldn't be putting this here but just frustrated.

All excited about getting the OOTP17 tomorrow and just today hired a geek tech to setup my new pc with a 32" Samsung monitor. Looks great. Ready for the new version. I thought.

Installed OOTP16 and all of a sudden the screen resolution dropped from the new sharp high # to a pitiful low resolution and that edges of the game and some stat blocks were too big or half hidden.

Fixed the resolutions back to normal after getting out of the game and the beginning of the game looked sharp. I'm typing in my grandson's names as manager and boom...the box pops up over part of the screen asking for friends and the extra steam stuff. Should be able to get rid of that with shift-tab but screen freezes. So don't know what's causing that to pop up. Tried again and boom there it was again. Crum

Oh well...will run new version on older pc with it's big screen. Just hope in the end I don't have to pay the geek tech another $50 to fix the new pc setup. : )

I'll spend some time tonight to see if there is anything about screen resolution limits etc.

Just had to let out a little stress... : )

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.

Last edited by skunkle333; 03-17-2016 at 08:55 PM.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 08:59 PM   #2
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Sounds like something that can be fixed without much trouble. Are you running OOTP16 through Steam? Can you access Game Settings when you have OOTP16 open? If so, what resolution is the game set for? Look for Display Mode and Window Size in the Game Settings.

Last edited by pstrickert; 03-17-2016 at 09:01 PM.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:04 PM   #3
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

That popup is one of the annoyances of Steam, I think. Just click "Close".
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:08 PM   #4
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
That popup is one of the annoyances of Steam, I think. Just click "Close".
The steam overlay can be fixed. There is a thread somewhere on the forums from back when 16 came out in which The Wolf gives step by step instructions on how to get rid of it.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote