Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #1
free7694
Bat Boy

Help setting up a historical sim

So, I'm trying to set up a historical sim with the entire history of baseball (1871-Present) played with today's rules/strategy/conditions. I thought I knew how to do it, but I still ended up with 2 and 3 man rotations and guys hitting 38 homers in 60 games. If someone could help me with how to get it set up, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
free7694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:57 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by free7694 View Post
So, I'm trying to set up a historical sim with the entire history of baseball (1871-Present) played with today's rules/strategy/conditions. I thought I knew how to do it, but I still ended up with 2 and 3 man rotations and guys hitting 38 homers in 60 games. If someone could help me with how to get it set up, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
Either use the 2014 quickstart which will give you all real teams and players (need to hit randomize team nicknames 3-4 times to get real team names. Not sure if you have to do this per level or not)
Or start a historical sim and start with 2013 and make sure you check teh button for history . once again will need to hit randomize nicknames to get actual team names. You will not have minors unless you manually add the. Also at any time you can go to league setup and select the year you want for the strategy.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:46 AM   #3
free7694
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Either use the 2014 quickstart which will give you all real teams and players (need to hit randomize team nicknames 3-4 times to get real team names. Not sure if you have to do this per level or not)
Or start a historical sim and start with 2013 and make sure you check teh button for history . once again will need to hit randomize nicknames to get actual team names. You will not have minors unless you manually add the. Also at any time you can go to league setup and select the year you want for the strategy.
Thanks, but that's not quite what I'm going for. What I want to do is start a historical sim in 1871 with the accurate teams and rosters for 1871, but play the whole history with 2013 conditions. You know, see what Cy Young's career numbers would look like if he had only made 30 starts and pitched 200 or so innings a year or how history would be different if the DH had come into being a century earlier than it actually did.

I tried changing the strategy in the league setup, but still had guys pitching 100+ innings in the 30 or 50 game seasons they had in the first few years.
free7694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:03 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by free7694 View Post
Thanks, but that's not quite what I'm going for. What I want to do is start a historical sim in 1871 with the accurate teams and rosters for 1871, but play the whole history with 2013 conditions. You know, see what Cy Young's career numbers would look like if he had only made 30 starts and pitched 200 or so innings a year or how history would be different if the DH had come into being a century earlier than it actually did.

I tried changing the strategy in the league setup, but still had guys pitching 100+ innings in the 30 or 50 game seasons they had in the first few years.
Do you still want the 1871 setup? You might have to turn several things off under league settings - Historical and then go to Stats & AI select the year you want stats from and make sure the column on the right matches the year you chose. i have never tried to do what you are trying so hopefully others will chime in on how to do it properly.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote