Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-22-2014, 12:10 AM   #1
arescan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The Two Best Players In My League's History Retired

Also, Stephenson had 11 World Series titles to Leon's 1, which was with the Dodgers and Stephenson. Leon won 2 Triple Crowns to Stephenson's 1.

Who would you rather have? Who was better?

Also, sorry for not including fielding and the events list. It's just too much to chop through.
arescan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:18 AM   #2
kingtut313
Minors (Double A)

at first glance, stephenson looks better by far but the question is was there a big difference defensively? is one guy comparable to brooks robinson or the other to mark reynolds?
Old 02-22-2014, 01:23 AM   #3
arescan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtut313 View Post
at first glance, stephenson looks better by far but the question is was there a big difference defensively? is one guy comparable to brooks robinson or the other to mark reynolds?
Not really. Leon was marginally better because Stephenson played 3B late in his career when he wasn't able to play the field. Both were great fielders in their time.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:50 PM   #4
greenie25
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Stephenson's run in his 40s (2033-2037) is pretty sick! A .379/.497/.590 slash in 573 ABs in 2037 might qualify as the greatest final season ever.
greenie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:12 PM   #5
Mecza
Minors (Triple A)

Why did Stephenson retire? Has at least two more years in him.
Mecza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:06 PM   #6
arescan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I think it was just because he was 45. It's certainly made my offseason a tough one. Usually I could just bank on Terry hitting 35-45 dingers and leading me to the playoffs. Now I have to pass the baton to Harry Wilcox, who put up a .314/.428/.566 slash last season.

Last edited by arescan; 02-22-2014 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:45 AM   #7
Papa3
Minors (Triple A)

The Two Best Players In My League's History Retired

I'd take Stephenson. I love hitters who have high BB/K ratios and he put up some sick numbers in the 2020's. Just wondering if you changed your aging/development modifiers? If so, could you please post.

EDIT: Based on OOTP's calculation of WAR (VORP + ZR) both guys appear to be average fielders with Stephenson slightly worse of the two.

Last edited by Papa3; 02-23-2014 at 12:49 AM.
Papa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:40 AM   #8
arescan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa3 View Post
I'd take Stephenson. I love hitters who have high BB/K ratios and he put up some sick numbers in the 2020's. Just wondering if you changed your aging/development modifiers? If so, could you please post.

EDIT: Based on OOTP's calculation of WAR (VORP + ZR) both guys appear to be average fielders with Stephenson slightly worse of the two.
I actually did not. A couple other guys stick out being in their late 38s with high WAR seasons, but these two, specifically Stephenson, are the best of the bunch. Most hit the skids around 32-35.

Fun Fact: Both of these players and the current best player in the game, Harry Wilcox, were drafted by the Pirates.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:58 PM   #9
limsol45
Minors (Single A)

Roids? .379 and 30 homeruns at age 45? Crazy good stats.

On an another note, it will be cool to have a "Mt Rushmore" you could create for your league.
limsol45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:13 PM   #10
arescan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by limsol45 View Post
Roids? .379 and 30 homeruns at age 45? Crazy good stats.

On an another note, it will be cool to have a "Mt Rushmore" you could create for your league.
Mine would be interesting. Those two would run away with two spots. Then Jason Heyward, Pablo Sandoval, and a guy named Millard "Silk Stockings" Brown would be in contention. Brown is still active, so he'd probably slide into one of the spots.

If it's pitching integrated, Lincecum and a guy named Ramon Mendez would get em. Otherwise, joining those two would be two of Martin Perez, Zack Greinke, Matt Richardson, and Jose Hernandez. Also, one of my current pitchers, Jose 'Bruz' Flores, will probably get in there. He's not as good as he used to be, but he's still competent.

Last edited by arescan; 02-23-2014 at 09:15 PM.