Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2014, 12:51 PM   #121
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds1 View Post
This is what I came up with, and how it looks in the game.

How are you getting the white or light gray outline to not be cut off? The magic wand I use cuts it off but leaves a tad around the edges giving it an unclean look that is noticeable. I need to figure out either how to keep that white/light gray outline or figure out how to clean the edges up in black.

Thanks for any tips.
Elysian Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:25 PM   #122
mghurst
All Star Starter

The team formerly known as the El Paso Diablos has now become the Joplin Blasters and will begin play in 2015
Attached Images
mghurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:49 PM   #123
MUFC1878
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian Fields View Post
How are you getting the white or light gray outline to not be cut off? The magic wand I use cuts it off but leaves a tad around the edges giving it an unclean look that is noticeable. I need to figure out either how to keep that white/light gray outline or figure out how to clean the edges up in black.

Thanks for any tips.
Try cutting it with the path tool. Zoom in the image and draw around the edges. For me that's the easiest way to cut images like this one cleanly.
MUFC1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #124
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian Fields View Post

Thanks for any tips.
I used the magic wand tool in Photoshop with a tolerance of 20 to isolate the image from the unwanted white background.

I then copied and pasted the resulting image in a new psd file and added a background color on a separate layer just to see if the edges were OK (orange happened to be the color readily available, to that's what I used. )

I them made a duplicate of the image on a separate layer, erased everything but the word "Arkansas" and then added a gray border using the stroke command (width of 4, centered). I did this so 'Arkansas' would show up a little better on the black background of OOTP15. I placed this behind the original image, so that only the grey outline would be seen behind it.

Finally, I merged the two layers, copied and pasted it into a new 150x150 psd file and reduced the image to fit.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:37 PM   #125
Adrockski
Major Leagues

Although humbed in the presence of reds1's logo-tweaking greatness, I figure I'll throw one of my own up here because I haven't seen it posted yet. It's not five-star material, but here's my OOTPified version of the new Akron Rubberducks logo:
Attached Images
Adrockski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:41 PM   #126
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

I'm using paint.net

I'll see if I can change my wand tolerance level. That will solve all problems. Thanks for the advice guys.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:37 PM   #127
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

thanks!

Changing the tolerance level works wonders. Thanks! Feel a bit stupid not knowing this.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:26 PM   #128
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

The Brooklyn Cyclones Go to the Darth Side
Star Wars theme jerseys are not a new phenomenon, but this year Minor League Baseball teams have really taken it up a notch.
The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers are Luke’s father, the Kane County Cougars are makin’ Wookiee, and the Durham Bulls are 2D2 (just to name a few examples). But one team just might have trumped them all, and that team is the Brooklyn Cyclones. On the evening of August 2, the Cyclones will become the “Sithclones.” And on that night they will wear these jerseys, with “Brooklyn” written out in Aurebesh (the high galactic alphabet).
Attached Images
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote