Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 09-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
as5680
All Star Starter

Wrong Year in Newly Added Minor League

I have been running a 28-team fictional league with a AAA league below it, and ahead of the new season (2018) I decided to add a AA league as well.

I created the league on 1 January and all seemed to have gone OK but then I noticed that I couldn't set 1 April 2018 as the start date for the coming season - in the schedule options under League Setup it gives me the choice of 2013 or 2014.

The AA league's history section has the 2013 season listed, rather than 2018, as do all the AA team history pages. Coaches signed by the new teams, if they are on a 1 year contract, say '$n through 2013'. All dates are correct in the major league and AAA.

Ridiculously, the League Events say that the 2013 All-Star Game takes place on 10 July 2018!

Is this something which is likely to cause a problem as I play out the season, or correct itself once the league is up and running? I noticed when I last expanded my major league that the new teams had history listed back to the start of the league (0-0, 0th place etc.) and that disappeared once they had completed one season.

Last edited by as5680; 09-06-2013 at 03:51 PM.
as5680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
as5680
All Star Starter

Tested this out myself using a restored backup and it seemed to resolve itself once the first season of the new league had started - 2018 appearing in place of 2013. Is this something that often happens with new leagues?
Old 09-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by as5680 View Post
Tested this out myself using a restored backup and it seemed to resolve itself once the first season of the new league had started - 2018 appearing in place of 2013. Is this something that often happens with new leagues?
Many people have complained about this. I had 2013 for a league that I had added in 2011. I had thought i fixed it by going into League setup and changing the year for that league manually.I am on 2013 now and recently added all remaining minor leagues from the MLB QS, so far all my leagues say 2013.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
hefalumps
All Star Starter

This is concerning to me because I too will have to do this in a few game years - I started out a historical alternate universe with just a AAA system because I didn't have enough players to require other levels, but I will after a few more years of drafts. Guess I'll take multiple backups before doing so.

And for those of you who have added additional levels of minor leagues, when is the best time to do so? January 1? Beginning of the offseason? Right before preseason?

Thanks...
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefalumps View Post
This is concerning to me because I too will have to do this in a few game years - I started out a historical alternate universe with just a AAA system because I didn't have enough players to require other levels, but I will after a few more years of drafts. Guess I'll take multiple backups before doing so.

And for those of you who have added additional levels of minor leagues, when is the best time to do so? January 1? Beginning of the offseason? Right before preseason?

Thanks...
When I started my MLB league in 1999, I added AAA in 2000 in January. AA in January 2003. Then the rest January 2013. For my fictional leagues I add additional levels in November usually.
Real easy way to add real MLB minors is take the MLB QS. Delete all players (might want delete all coaches also) (I deleted all players with ML experience I kept the rest) save as a template. Load template into your existing league. screen shot each level when you are on the League setup - Names & affiliations screen. Affiliate with your existing MLB then reassign each to its real life team, since they will all be blank after assigning them to MLB. took me 5 mins. I now have all 2013 minor leaguers without ML experience.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #6
as5680
All Star Starter

When I finally started the season in my game, it worked just as it had in the restored backup.

The years in the AA history pages all changed from 2013 to 2018. My AA manager, starting a two year contract at the beginning of 2018, is now correctly shown as being under contract to the end of 2019 (rather than 2014, as it said before!)

The only thing still incorrect as far as I can see is that the All-Star Game is still listed as being the 2013 game.

I had launched the new league on 1 January - mainly in the hope of preventing a '2017 season' being listed!

Last edited by as5680; 09-09-2013 at 01:33 PM.