Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 09-14-2009, 03:15 PM   #41
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

First off

i have the last name file that we had. J worked on that one. It should be a good jumping off point if anyone wants to take a shot at the names.

i'll volunteer to do the back story. (If you're taking volunteers for that.) i have a couple of ideas, i can bounce those off you some time during the week.

i can do the uniforms, too; when it gets to that point.

If you're creating two additional countries, i would say use those for the leagues. Leave Laseron as it is with the original logos. And make Laseron the independent league. You could always name an online league, Beyond Laseron or Laseron Universe.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:34 PM   #42
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
i have the last name file that we had. J worked on that one. It should be a good jumping off point if anyone wants to take a shot at the names.
That's all I'd need then. Send me that if you could and I'll cut and paste as needed.

Quote:
i'll volunteer to do the back story. (If you're taking volunteers for that.) i have a couple of ideas, i can bounce those off you some time during the week.
We can collaborate on that. Expect a blog or a message board or something here before too long where we can throw our ideas around. But I don't want to hold up brainstorming...PM or email me whatever you come up with for now.

Quote:
If you're creating two additional countries, i would say use those for the leagues. Leave Laseron as it is with the original logos. And make Laseron the independent league. You could always name an online league, Beyond Laseron or Laseron Universe.
I definately want the two new countries to be the lesser baseball countries. Because the names are going to be kinda weird. I'd rather have the main country with the English sounding and Laserian names be where the main league is.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:49 PM   #43
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Here is an example of some of the names that would be generated for Region 2. I am far from done with this country's name file though. I'll randomly throw some first and last name's together from the file I have so far.

Shekyt Lizexylil
Zisli Tyvytra
Eki Zleziz
Anyick Echalys
Kisil Lykyr
Chyn Kerlekchi
Kik Shixala

The language of this region has a unique alphabet and uses some unique prefixes and suffixes in its naming. Its still early, this is subject to some additional tweaking.

The vowels are...
i, y, ai, a, and e

And many consenants are left out.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:01 PM   #44
Goody
Hall Of Famer

I am really leaning towards starting fresh and clean with the geography. It would make things so much easier. The content has to gel with what OOTP can do as far as entering cities and longitudes/latitudes etc.

And it would just be more fun for me to create something new from scratch. This is a huge undertaking and I want it to be something I will enjoy doing. Recreating the previous landmasses and making it fit into more powerful tools that we have available now would be tedious.

I could still use the old city names of course. ...And place them in somewhat similar terrain so they can have the same kind of characteristics that we learned to associate with those cities.

We'd just have to wipe the history clean. Start over. That is what seems most attractive to me.

And once I get enough of these new world built in order to call it a work in progress, I'll need you all's help creating a history for this new world. We could have more of a backstory than what Laseron 1 had.

Last edited by Goody; 09-14-2009 at 08:03 PM.
Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:15 PM   #45
Goody
Hall Of Famer

A URL and a message board are born.

www.laseron-baseball.com/board

Stop by and register if you would have any interest in following the progress or joining this league in the future.

Last edited by Goody; 09-16-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:24 AM   #46
Delgadodawg
All Star Reserve

Wow..exciting news. I would like to be involved in this, whatever is decided.
Delgadodawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:45 AM   #47
playball
Minors (Single A)

Exciting indeed, I've been secretly hoping for this since the beginning of this thread. Thanks!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #48
George
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Add me to the list of those excited about a new LBA. I'd be happy to help in any way.
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:46 PM   #49
rutri01
All Star Reserve

Laseron Baseball Assoc

sounds great guys- I look forward to following your progress. I only can hope I can get some dedicated owners in mine like the ones that were in this league!
rutri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:12 AM   #50
Goody
Hall Of Famer

J, where are you?

And has anyone heard from Jimbo?

John...you out there?
Old 09-18-2009, 01:35 AM   #51
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

When was this league active? It sounds like a blast though, what made the league so great?

"Now all you need is a signature. A quote or initial, perhaps."

[
molarmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:41 AM   #52
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molarmite View Post
When was this league active? It sounds like a blast though, what made the league so great?
2002 to 2008

The GM's made it great. It was totally fiction with history and lots of articles by a lot of people all creating the same alternate world.

It was like an open sandbox and many imaginative people just took the concepts that I layed down and went with it. It was amazing.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:11 PM   #53
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9lives View Post
2002 to 2008

The GM's made it great. It was totally fiction with history and lots of articles by a lot of people all creating the same alternate world.

It was like an open sandbox and many imaginative people just took the concepts that I layed down and went with it. It was amazing.
That's weird that I've never heard about it until now. It looks like most of the owners are regulars on here so I can see why it would be a fun league to join.

"Now all you need is a signature. A quote or initial, perhaps."

[
molarmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:15 PM   #54
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Exciting news! Dark Horse has come up with an amazing backstory (still in its infancy) over at the new Laseron forums. Check it out, and keep up with my progress on the dirty work of getting this world up and running.

Just follow the link in my sig...
Old 10-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #55
JAttractive
All Star Starter

Sorry was building a new computer and had some other stuff come up but I am still here!

As for the name file I created also consider that when I replayed our old league with our old file it comes up with very authentic Laseron names on it's own. I can assume that the name.dat file was the original one you used for the league but without some of the quirkier ones you edited in. I found when I added in my own league file (which has quirky names already added in) it had a good Laseron feel. I still had to do the odd edit here and there but overall it was great.

If you want just the old .dat file or both you are welcome to them.
JAttractive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:14 AM   #56
Goody
Hall Of Famer

This league is going to happen. Won't be long before recruiting of GM's starts up. I'm hoping to find more of the old owners, which is why we're not starting a list yet. But we can always adjust the league size to match the interest.

If you think you'd have any interest in Laseron, check out the webpage and forum. Many things happening that I would like input on.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:28 PM   #57
George
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody View Post
This league is going to happen. Won't be long before recruiting of GM's starts up. I'm hoping to find more of the old owners, which is why we're not starting a list yet. But we can always adjust the league size to match the interest.

If you think you'd have any interest in Laseron, check out the webpage and forum. Many things happening that I would like input on.
Looking forward to this.
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #58
ptwarr18
Major Leagues

Introduced myself on the forums as this looks really sweet.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:20 AM   #59
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Thanks George. I was wondering why we broke our forum record for most online at one time today....and now I see somebody bumped this thread.

That, and the few veteran LBA'ers that have been around lately were all online at the same time too.

This league's 2nd incarnation has lots of room for new talented GM's who love fantasy as well as all who want to return that participated in the LBA before.

Its gonna happen...
Old 01-11-2010, 04:13 PM   #60
ptwarr18
Major Leagues

No longer opening? I've been trying to keep tabs every now and then and looks like the forums are flooded with spam.

If there's nothing imminent, that's fine, I'm just curious since I've been kind of "saving a spot" for this one.