Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Feature suggestions / Wish list

TBCB Feature suggestions / Wish list Discuss feature suggestions for Title Bout Professional Boxing here.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:53 PM   #21
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh2365 View Post
Every fighter in every venue in my universe makes $100 ... pretty sure it is tied to the dates as all my fights are currently in 1913.

I have noticed in my current day fictional universe that if you reduce the number of fights in a card, all of the remaining fights have a $100 purse.
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:33 PM   #22
Cap
Hall Of Famer

In the next version I'd like to see an option where you can eliminate all references in the game to female boxers.

Cap
Old 06-30-2008, 11:56 PM   #23
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

I like that - good old boxing tradition. I've never watched a complete woman's fight and have never simmed one either. I wonder if anyone uses the female boxers in their universe?

PS. I liked the Phil Scott Murdered line on your webpage! Phil Scott fans must still be grumbling.

Last edited by Jersey-Jim; 07-01-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Jersey-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:06 PM   #24
Oneida
Minors (Triple A)

Is it possible to get a list of features that are in the game so far, so as to betters suggest future ideas? i have a million ideas in my head id like to see, as i am an avid RPG fan in general, and sports fan to boot
Oneida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #25
Cap
Hall Of Famer

How about a screen that shows proposed bouts? You'd make matches somewhere in the game and they'd show up here. It might look like a page from the newspaper. Maybe show the proposed dates and venues too.

Cap
Old 02-21-2009, 04:02 AM   #26
Mexicutioner
Minors (Rookie Ball)

You know what would be an awesome mode?

I am kinda stealing this idea from an old wrestling simulator Extreme Warfare...

Be able to run HBO's programming and try and get a good number of buys (if its a PPV) and a good rating for each show. You could also do it for Showtime, ESPN, Azteca America, whatever, and have a different sized budget for whatever show you control. That would be an awesome idea to implement.

Also, taking over a promotion such as Top Rank or Golden Boy, or creating your own and signing fighters and booking them fights. Also, if you do a promoter career mode, you could start out with a small stable of fighters that you build up on regional shows, then grow from there.
Mexicutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #27
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
In the next version I'd like to see an option where you can eliminate all references in the game to female boxers.

Cap
Now that's an enlightened proposal!
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:37 AM   #28
dust
Bat Boy

There are so many cut stoppages that it seems more like a knife fighting simulator. Guys who have no business landing a punch in any fight are beating elite guys often by cuts. I may revert to 2.0.
dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:52 AM   #29
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Now that Andreas has announced TBCB 3 perhaps we can populate this thread with ideas again?
In the manager/career mode it may be worthwhile to have an experience points (XP) system and link it to the draw power rating that currently exists within the game. One possible way these could work in tandem is, if say the fighter you are managing wins 3 points victories in succession, he gains more XP’s for going the distance but decreases in drawing power because he has failed to score a knockout. Conversely if your fighter scores 3 early round KO’s in succession he would increase his draw power rating a lot because he is seen as an exciting fighter who wins by KO early but would not gain much in XP because he has not completed many rounds.
Maybe XP’s could be used to improve skills or hire a better trainer or manager?
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #30
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

An amateur section where you can go and scout fighters you might want to sign as your next young prospect, offer them a pro contract, signing-on fee, etc. Maybe have Olympics every four years? Or World Championships, Pan-American Games, Euro Championships, Golden Gloves, Commonwealth Games.

Last edited by Rob Morris; 07-05-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #31
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

At the beginning you could click a button and have a random selection of fighters to manage. Or have a pot of money and use it to buy up the fighters you want in your stable. Or you could limit the picks to just one fighter per division or one fighter from each country (with a limit of countries). Or just use the random fighter generator to generate your stable. The possibilities are endless really.
Customisation and plenty of options of this area is key I feel.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:09 PM   #32
Rocky
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morris View Post
At the beginning you could click a button and have a random selection of fighters to manage. Or have a pot of money and use it to buy up the fighters you want in your stable. Or you could limit the picks to just one fighter per division or one fighter from each country (with a limit of countries). Or just use the random fighter generator to generate your stable. The possibilities are endless really.
Customisation and plenty of options of this area is key I feel.

I agree with Rob, I think it would be a great idea if this was made possible.
Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:56 PM   #33
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Somebody sent me this idea a while ago and I thought it was pretty good. You pick a year to start in, and then perhaps with some sort of connection to boxrec that gives the fighters their real-life records and rankings at the given date.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:24 AM   #34
jcstuntman
Minors (Single A)

Hey Rob

Excellent suggestions so far, keep those ideas coming.

In response to your previous post about a way of getting the records from BoxRec Boxing Records into titlebout. 'Tehdon' very kindly created such a utility for TBCB 2.5 and posted it here.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post2937045

I haven't tried it as I run a fictional universe but others on the forum have used it successfully.

Hopefully when TBCB 3 comes out the utility will still work.

Cheers
Gary.
jcstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #35
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Have the option, if your fighter is non-American or not based in America, of moving to America “lock, stock and barrel” and benefiting from better training, better sparring, etc which would improve your fighters ratings quicker. There would have to be a down side to this, maybe there is a chance your fighter gets homesick and his ratings decline or he gets “soft” living the Western lifestyle.
I know the world is a smaller place these days but I think it is generally accepted that the best training trainers, sparring, gyms, etc are in America.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:43 AM   #36
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

I'd like the sim to move guys up in weight at a certain point. It should be a natural and somewhat uncontrollable factor for a fighter.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #37
Jackyle
Hall Of Famer

I would love to be able to track my earnings in a career mode. I would also love top play as a promoter.
Jackyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #38
McClearyMauler
All Star Starter

Promoter/Management

I like the ideas of this being in the next game.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #39
Sugar Ray is King
Bat Boy

I use pencil and paper, and I've run 2100 fights

For those wishing to to run universes, I set up a HW universe on paper when the Avalon Hill SI game originally came out. I stopped it when the card mix came to the ALI years. Then i switched to my favourite class, the welters and have used it ever since. I've got ageing, purse records, and purse splitting mechanisms. And I've run a paper universe that has run the Welters (with imports from the Lwt and Mddlwt classes) from 1925 to 1945. some of the mechanisms come from the old AH magazine that featured the SI games from AH, but a few arer original.
Sugar Ray is King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #40
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Neutral judges

In the next version I'd like to see the game select neutral judges in a title fight based on the nationalities of the fighters when you check the Random box. I'd also like the game to pick European judges for a european card, Canadian judges for a Canadian fight card, etc. If you have two Canadian fighters in a title fight, the judges would be from neutral cities. Fer instink, one boxer's from Montreal and the other is from Halifax, so the judges would be from Toronto, Vancouver and Moncton. Same goes for American fighters.

Cap