Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-08-2019, 09:08 PM   #1
lencombs
All Star Reserve

Is "tanking" common?

This is just my 2nd week playing perfect team. I made the Iron WS 1st season but lost in 7 games. So now I'm promoted to Bronze, and i'm leading the division, but the league leader is this guy, with 100-95 starters all over his staff and lineup. He clearly tanks to get back to the lower divisions as he won the silver WS then got demoted 3 years in a row after that with ridiculously bad records.

Why do they do that? Too earn more trophy's, and is it easier to earn Perfect Points? Kind of disheartening seeing an all star roster like he has, with little chance to compete. His 5th starter is better than my ace, but we're still just a couple games behind so we'll keep chopping wood.
Attached Images
Image Image 

lencombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:04 PM   #2
Sipimi
Minors (Triple A)

Report the team, if there is a violation of the rules, the devs will issue a warning or kick the team.
Sipimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:31 PM   #3
lencombs
All Star Reserve

Ok, thanks for the advice. I'm not that concerned about it to report someone.

It did get me to thinking of some sort of power check at each League Level, Like if the cumulative average rating of your starters and staff is above 90.0 you cant play a bronze league game, would have to bench some superstars until get the team rating right down to the max. Like EA Fifa Soccer runs weekend tourneys if ever played those.

Old 10-08-2019, 10:38 PM   #4
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencombs View Post

It did get me to thinking of some sort of power check at each League Level, Like if the cumulative average rating of your starters and staff is above 90.0 you cant play a bronze league game, would have to bench some superstars until get the team rating right down to the max. Like EA Fifa Soccer runs weekend tourneys if ever played those.
Problem is that let's say you're in bronze and you open some packs...and you find a perfect legend...say, perfect Walter Johnson. It would be cruel to tell a player that no, you cannot use your newly packed best pitcher in the game (IMO) until you get good and promote to like gold.

Noble thought, but just wouldn't work in PT.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:47 PM   #5
lencombs
All Star Reserve

25 man roster team cumulative, average rating limits would look something like this:

100 +above - Perfect Team League
95-100 - Diamond League
90-95 - Gold League
85-90 - Silver League
80 - 85 - Bronze
80- Below Iron

I basically have a diamond level team in my bronze league this season.

Old 10-08-2019, 10:50 PM   #6
lencombs
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Problem is that let's say you're in bronze and you open some packs...and you find a perfect legend...say, perfect Walter Johnson. It would be cruel to tell a player that no, you cannot use your newly packed best pitcher in the game (IMO) until you get good and promote to like gold.

Noble thought, but just wouldn't work in PT.
That's why I suggested a power level check, can play his new awesome card, but will have to bench some one to get under the required cumulative player level limits for the league.

Old 10-09-2019, 12:03 AM   #7
joehart
All Star Starter

Not sure I agree with putting restrictions in place. It may not resolve the problem you are trying to solve.

A whale can still afford and put all the best meta cards together from the lower levels to beat up on lesser teams.

Let the whales and good teams climb and move towards better levels....
BUT find a way to remove the teams that do it over and over in a deliberate attempt to collect trophies/points from lower levels.

We reported a similar team the other week that collected trophies for iron, bronze and silver over and over using even better high end historic players.

I bet he was upset when he lost to a defense oriented contact team in the silver league championship.

I don’t know if there is a perfect solution.
Maybe remove trophies awarded for all seasons that the teams cheated?
Maybe remove points awarded during those seasons?
Maybe remove seasons and W/L record for those seasons?
Maybe remove the teams altogether ?

While I don’t believe the problem is as big as we often think it is, it still causes frustration to players that get shuffled into the same leagues.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:52 AM   #8
Semtextual
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Of course, its clear that the most fun thing for a lot of teams here is to win 80% of the games every year. Some teams do this through being a Whale and some teams by tanking.
Semtextual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:01 AM   #9
funseeker
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Copied from Terms of Service: (c) Cheat, deliberately lose, trade wins or Perfect Points, "feed" wins or Perfect Points from one account to another via the auction house or any other method, or otherwise fail to make a good-faith effort to play the game in a fashion intended to win via fair gameplay according to the intended operation of the game.

You should report this team.
funseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:08 AM   #10
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
See something, say something. The developers cannot be everywhere and need these reports to keep the game clean for everyone.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:34 AM   #11
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

We can't keep the pool clean if we don't all net the debris floating in it...please report them.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:42 PM   #12
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is just my 2nd week playing perfect team. I made the Iron WS 1st season but lost in 7 games. So now I'm promoted to Bronze, and i'm leading the division, but the league leader is this guy, with 100-95 starters all over his staff and lineup. He clearly tanks to get back to the lower divisions as he won the silver WS then got demoted 3 years in a row after that with ridiculously bad records.

Why do they do that? Too earn more trophy's, and is it easier to earn Perfect Points? Kind of disheartening seeing an all star roster like he has, with little chance to compete. His 5th starter is better than my ace, but we're still just a couple games behind so we'll keep chopping wood.
Nevermind

Last edited by daves; 10-09-2019 at 03:47 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:45 PM   #13
lencombs
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the replies, i'm old time player first time perfect teamer - just sharing my experience in here

Old 10-13-2019, 02:12 AM   #14
Arobbins
Minors (Double A)

This is why we need tournaments. No safe guard to prevent this

Arobbins is offline   Reply With Quote