Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 07-18-2018, 10:23 AM   #1
wombats
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Strategy Question: Pitcher Friendly Ballpark

Hi

Not sure if it belongs here or somewhere else. I inherited a team that is struggling and trying to rebuild. It recently came to my attention that my ballpark is definitely pitcher friendly, its dimensions are very similar to that of Safeco field (Seattle) which in recent years has been in the top 3 pitcher friendly parks.

My question is what type of players would you look for, hitters, fielders and pitchers. I am in the process of looking at all the ball parks. My initial gut feel is that a number of the hitter friendly parks in our league favour lefties. My team is so bad I currently draft the best player available, but as you get into later rounds you do want to favour players who can flourish in your environment.

Finally is there a report to get statistics by ball park for both home and away teams?
wombats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:49 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

no matter what you want an elite offense and defense to win a WS, right? Also, you always play 81 games away or ~1/2 your playoff games away. any benefit you have that costs you more on the road is a net negative.

great thing about ootp, there's no guessing if it's hitter or pitching friendly. park factors for 2b/hr/avg all you need to pay attention to over time to learn what they ~kinda mean. (unless you are writing a thesis on ootp or something?)

with pitching i think a park like safeco in OotP will help a guy who is otherwise great but lets up a few too many HR/9IP. again, you still have to play away. if you have homefield advantage in playoffs, it should shade it your way in that context as far as matching strat to fields played/#of games.

note: i have not nlooked at safeco's park factors. take a look and apply what you see, don't go based on what i said above.

i think it's easier to see repercussions of park factors on pitching than batting. batting starts to be about value or cost shifting relative to other choices (the ai isn't doin this, so you'l be the only one going against grain when you deduce it)... pitching is fitting weakness to park factor benefit to get something better per person.

i don't think any mlb park qualifies for something so extreme, but if you reduced offense to such an extent, and the AI doesn't adjust like i mentioned, you may be better off getting high BA low power guys due to lower costs and what you are getting per dollar in results in an extreme stadium with no offense in an MLB-like environment otherwise(ie LTM/LT and those settings).

like i said, i don't think you will have to shift best bang for your buck due to stadium in the MLB. modern settings = power and doubles heavy weighting regardless of comerica/safeco-type or Fenway/Colorado's stadium..

ugh fenway is a circus. little league park

stats! i forgot. you can view splits vs lefty/righty or home/away and all sorts of variations. lineups, fa, or just about any screen that lists players or in their profiles there are also a few choices -- reg vs postseason and splits etc.

there very well may be other places... check team history and registry maybe? league reports area (can see in menu at top too). i don't know them all by rote.

Last edited by NoOne; 07-18-2018 at 05:52 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote