Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:37 AM   #1
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Federal League addition/creation and/or setup, et cetera

How do I make it so that when the Federal League comes into one of my games in a historical game, that it starts out as a major league, and not as a minor league, circa 1913? When I played to that point, before fortunately being able to go back to the last available backup for that particular game, the game in question put it as a minor league, and I really don't want that to be the case before I begin the applicable following season.

I actually do want it to be a brand-new major league from the time of its first season in game, not under Major League Baseball or any other potentially-existing league I might have in that game up to that point in time, for sure. And I want it to be able to continue past 1915, as well, as such, of course.

Please advise, if and when you like and can, then, everyone. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 12:30 PM   #2
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

When Federal League begins go to league setup and change it to an unaffiliated league. From the same screen you can switch it to major league level.
Tiger Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:21 PM   #3
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

And how do you do that first thing, at least, just for future reference, at least for the Federal League, if not other leagues later on as well, perhaps? Just wondering, and so might others who may periodically play historical games with real minors, et cetera, for your information, Tiger Fan. By the way, if you could check out my posts related to my current Baseball Heaven game project, and give at least me your thoughts about the things and/or people mentioned in that thread, I'd be most appreciative of them, I'm sure. Thank you for your time and advice and all here, then, TF. CD out.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:42 AM   #4
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I see you still haven't answered my question, Tiger Fan. In that case, might anyone else perhaps want to answer it, for everyone's possible future reference? Please advise, if and when you like and can, someone. Thank you. CD out.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:18 PM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Ok, so what you'll want to do is go to the league menu of the Federal League once it loads in the game. Go to league settings > leagues and teams.

There you'll see a setting called 'parent league'. Change that to 'not affiliated'. Then on the 'league level' setting, change that to 'Major League'.

You'll probably have to do this each offseason as the game will want to change the league back to a minor league whenever it imports the data for the new year, but it shouldn't take long to do.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 02:13 PM   #6
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

How can I keep a league the game adds into my setup past the time when it likely disappeared in reality, like the Federal League, for example, which only played up through the 1915 season, and not thereafter? I'd like to keep the Federal League in existence, if possible, post-1915, without having to recreate it or something. Or how do I keep certain teams around, even if they're not in their original leagues, after their league or leagues likely fold? Just wondering, that's all. Please advise, if and when you like and can. Thank you. CD out.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:42 PM   #7
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
How can I keep a league the game adds into my setup past the time when it likely disappeared in reality, like the Federal League, for example, which only played up through the 1915 season, and not thereafter? I'd like to keep the Federal League in existence, if possible, post-1915, without having to recreate it or something. Or how do I keep certain teams around, even if they're not in their original leagues, after their league or leagues likely fold? Just wondering, that's all. Please advise, if and when you like and can. Thank you. CD out.
All you have to do is unaffiliate your Federal League as explained by Lukas above. Once you unaffiliate the league it will remain unaffiliated and in the case of the Federal League continue on beyond 1915 until you decide to delete it.

Only thing Lukas got wrong above is you only need to set it unaffiliated once. However if you unaffiliate the Federal League in 1914 you will have 2 Federal Leagues once you get to 1915. The one you unaffiliated plus a new affiliated one the game creates. Doing it in 1915 you won’t have the duplicate because there was no Federal League in 1916.

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 04-20-2018 at 02:46 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:52 PM   #8
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Okay, in at least one of my games, in a version of the Liberty League, if memory serves, I have a Baltimore Terrapins team, for example. How should I handle teams potentially sharing the same team nicknames, et cetera, then, if I do as you recommend here with the leagues? I also may have a team called the Chicago Whales in at least one of my potentially affected saved games, if I remember correctly. I don't want the teams to be mixed up with each other, if it can be avoided at all, in the applicable games, either, of course, folks.

Please advise, if and when you like, then. Thanks for your time and attention and attempts at assistance here, as well, for sure. CD out.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:58 PM   #9
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

So what would I have to do then with the potential duplicate Federal League or Leagues, if I were to do so in the 1913-14 offseason, for example? Or for other leagues more recent than the Federal League?

How does the game handle the matter of the proposed Continental League as well? I'd like to know, so I might know better what I'd likely need to do coming into the 1950's and/or 1960's? Is there a way to keep the Braves and Browns, for instance, from moving, and all? Please advise, if and when you like, folks. CD out.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:02 PM   #10
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Sorry I don’t understand what you are asking when you refer to the Liberty League. What I was answering was your question about keeping the Federal League in your historical game beyond 1915. When you say Liberty League I assume you must be running a fictional league.

Only suggestion I can give is if you have a team called the Chicago Whales in your fictional Liberty League and the Federal League Whales in your same universe is to rename one of the teams.

The other part of your question the answer is there will be no Continental League creates in a historical league with minors as it didn’t happen. Also you can’t prevent the Browns and Braves from moving unless you edit them each year as the game would rename them back automatically to the real team every year

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 04-20-2018 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:02 PM   #11
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

No, no Whales in my Liberty Leagues, but do have Terrapins, for example, in at least one of them, for sure. What if I turned off automatic league evolution before the Braves move to Milwaukee? Would that mean that the minors would stay as they were at the time I turned it off, at least? I would have to do that by the end of the 1952 season, at the very latest, right? Please advise. Thank you. CD out.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:52 PM   #12
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
What if I turned off automatic league evolution before the Braves move to Milwaukee? Would that mean that the minors would stay as they were at the time I turned it off, at least? I would have to do that by the end of the 1952 season, at the very latest, right? Please advise. Thank you. CD out.
I am not sure. I have never tried to turn off automatic evolution with minor leagues enabled. It might work but it also might mess things up as the new minor league teams come in, if they still continue to update each year. All I can say is create a test league and try it to see what happens.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:06 PM   #13
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Lukas, might you be able to answer the last few questions here for us, please? Thanks in advance if you can do that here well enough, then. CD out.