Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 08-24-2003, 03:16 AM   #1
Woodchuck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Velocity Spring Training Bug

I think I may have found a velocity gain/loss bug related to spring training. In one of my leagues Billy Wagner, Arthur Rhodes and Victor Zambrano all entered the offseason with 10 velocity. Then after spring training, the html report shows a velocity loss for each player:

http://www.ultimatebaseball.net/OOTP5UBNLE/tdev28.html

However, BOSI shows a velocity gain to 11 for each player for ST, which also appears on each player's individual html page:

http://www.ultimatebaseball.net/OOTP5UBNLE/p1036.html

http://www.ultimatebaseball.net/OOTP5UBNLE/p832.html

http://www.ultimatebaseball.net/OOTP5UBNLE/p678.html

Basically, the engine appears to be adding velocity instead of subtracting it after the loss in ST. Has anyone seen something similar? And does a velocity loss in ST (or otherwise) shows up as an actual number dip?
Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 01:34 PM   #2
clarnzz
All Star Starter

If I was going to throw a dart at it and guess I would say in reduced ratings that velocity also applies to the pitchers strikeout rating, so while their velocity dropped, their strikeout rating increased causing the velocity to go up.

Guess 2 would be that it's a coaches/scout issue but am not real familiar with how coaches/scouts and BOSI interact.

Just a couple ideas, other than that there's also the possibility of bug.

clarnzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 04:09 PM   #3
thickman1
Minors (Double A)

After speaking with the BOSI administrator apparently BOSI looks at TRUE ratings. Apparently the three players in question This still doesn't explain why the reports shows a loss while the file shows a gain. I'm very interested in hearing from the OOTP5 bigwigs on this one...
thickman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 01:13 PM   #4
Gastric ReFlux
Hall Of Famer

Possible bug? Possible scouts being wrong?
Gastric ReFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 02:13 AM   #5
mrbill
All Star Reserve

I just use the traditional ratings, but I ran a ST on my team with everyone's velocity points at 0 (putting the extra 5 in stuff).

Everyone's velocity rating stayed the same, and people improved in AR and AH from the extra points in stuff, even though the development report said almost everyone lost velocity.

I ran it again just taking away between 1-4 velocity points on everyone, and a few guys went up in velocity, but again no one went down.

Just my experiences, we'll see if that helps people figure out whats up.
mrbill is offline   Reply With Quote