Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-16-2016, 11:41 AM   #1
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Question About Play-by-Play

I've been playing a 1901 historical league, and I've noticed that when a player in the Top 25 ranking for triples hits another one, it's in the play-by-play that Burkett (or whoever) has moved into 22nd place (or whatever) with his 126th career triple. This doesn't happen with any of the other career rankings. Billy Hamilton moved into 4th place in Runs with no acknowledgment in the play-by-play, just as an example. Why triples?
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:04 PM   #2
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Are you sure?

I'm pretty sure I've seen this for home runs. Something to the extent, "what a career he's had already."

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:42 PM   #3
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
Are you sure?

I'm pretty sure I've seen this for home runs. Something to the extent, "what a career he's had already."
1901 doesn't have a lot of home runs by the older players, so I'm not sure of that one. I can verify career hits, doubles, runs scored, and RBI don't seem to get anything in the PBP. Beckley gets a news story for hit #2000, but I don't think that's in the pbp, either.

Edit: "what a career he's had already" is exactly what I'm referring to.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
Old 03-16-2016, 12:50 PM   #4
GoPedro99
All Star Reserve

I never see ANY recognition for records in game. They need to make it so when a player gets like their 100th, 200th ect in game it has some recognition like it would in real life. Same for hits. RBI. And others.
GoPedro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:35 PM   #5
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I have seen it for all kinds of accomplishments including 200 & 300 home runs. I wonder why ya'll aren't seeing it.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:28 PM   #6
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

I'm in 1901. No one has hit 200 home runs. The career home run list is dominated by 1880s players, and the ones hitting them in 1901 are guys like Buck Freeman, Sam Crawford, and Nap Lajoie who haven't been playing long enough to be high on the career ladder.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:37 PM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
I'm in 1901. No one has hit 200 home runs. The career home run list is dominated by 1880s players, and the ones hitting them in 1901 are guys like Buck Freeman, Sam Crawford, and Nap Lajoie who haven't been playing long enough to be high on the career ladder.
i can hit a golf ball 300+ yards, but i don't remember hitting 200 home runs. :P

swamp, all of that is likely the result of LTM/LTs. i don't do historical, so i don't know all the nuances of when those thigns change over time or who and when people should hit more HR etc etc.... the stats that ratings equate to are all relative to LTM/LTs values. LTM/LTs are the full pie, and they get their piece of the pie based on their ratings (more realistically, it sets the odds, which given enough opportunity will equate to their portion of the results).

joke aside for general thread topic:

it may not trigger the recognition 100% of the time, and mre likely it's just because people didn't notice, since it's somewhat rare when milestones come up.

i don't look for this stuff, and rarely play games out anymore, but i do remember seeing recognition for various milestones of various types - season / career / game whtaver.

it wouldn't occur for some of us and not the others, unless they have some code involved tracking your IP or recognizing you and choosing not to output that info for that reason. that would just be vindictive... lol! it would be hilarious, if true.

not impossible, just very unlikely

Last edited by NoOne; 03-16-2016 at 06:43 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:31 AM   #8
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Unfortunately, when these achievements show up, they are usually wrong.

(A 1901 start should be fine, but it has showed up a bunch in my 1977 start with no resemblance to actually history before 1977.)

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 06:47 PM   #9
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
Unfortunately, when these achievements show up, they are usually wrong.

(A 1901 start should be fine, but it has showed up a bunch in my 1977 start with no resemblance to actually history before 1977.)
That's because you didn't import pre-1977 history.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:32 PM   #10
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPedro99 View Post
I never see ANY recognition for records in game. They need to make it so when a player gets like their 100th, 200th ect in game it has some recognition like it would in real life. Same for hits. RBI. And others.
It does...here is an example:

Name:  aaa.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  461.1 KB

Old 03-28-2016, 07:01 PM   #11
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Name:  AAAAAA.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  129.7 KB