Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-18-2015, 07:41 PM   #1
jazjef
Bat Boy

Smile NEW fictional 3D ballparks are here!

Here is a link to 6 fictional OOTP163D ballparks I have built thus far:

http://www.psyentific.net/OOTP163D_ficparks_1to6.zip

If there's an interest in them, I'll post more as I have time to create them. Building these parks is pretty difficult. OOTP makes it seem that you can just download a 3D park from Google 3D Warehouse, and load it in---that's far from reality.

For those interested in creating 3D Sketchup parks, here are some tips:
[1] You must have Sketchup PRO version so you can export the model as an .obj model [WaveFront]; In Sketchup free you can indeed export .dae models to import into OOTP16---but they will crash OOTP when you try to load them.

[2] You must have all faces properly oriented within your Sketchup model; improperly oriented faces will be 'black' when you view the model in OOTP163D edit mode. For all faces that show up 'black' when importing the model, you must right click on a face in your Sketchup model, and choose 'reverse face' to reverse it. You may have to do this with a large number of faces. I built all of mine from the ground up as I could never get a generic downloaded 3D Sketchup model to work right when imported into OOTP163D.

[3] You must use 'materials' on all faces in your model rather than just coloring them;

[4] Change the default values of 45 inside the 'degrees' and 'CM' boxes to '1' .... this allows you to move the model all different directions in small increments. If try to move the park with it set at 45, it will vanish into cyberspace---why they set the default at 45, I'll never know. Whenever you enter 3D edit mode the first thing you should do is always change these values to '1'.

[5] Want to move your ballpark in really fine increments to get that cyan-colored field-alignment 'Show grid and fence' wire-frame perfectly aligned?---use .1 or .2 or .3 etc as the degree value inside the box. These boxes will indeed take decimals allowing you to make very fine incremental movements of your park or the cyan-colored park dimension alignment frame.

OOTP16 3D model edit-mode 'bugs':

[1] DO NOT type the number '4' into the 'save cam' box for any reason when naming a camera angle---it will ALWAYS crash OOTP16. The camera angle save process does not like '4' for some reason---use alpha-appended names like Catcher_A, Catcher_B, Skybox_C, Blimp_D etc.

[2] Choosing 'Global' from the dropdown allows you to move the entire ballpark and everything else along with it----choosing 'Stadium' allows you to move the ballpark independently of the cyan-colored 'Show grid & fence' stadium-alignment wire-frame.

WARNING: Choosing 'Stadium' from the 'Edit mode' drop-down box will often crash OOTP when you're editing and setting up the 3D ballpark dimensions---and restarts WILL NOT allow you to enter Edit Mode 'Stadium' as it will keep crashing when you try to get into 'Stadium' edit mode.

SOLUTION: Get into 'Stadium' mode in an entirely different Game... here's how
A. Switch to an entirely different Game
B. Choose a team, and go to the 3D edit area for that team's ballpark
C. Immediately load a different ballpark for that team, then choose 'Stadium' from the dropdown---at this point, it shouldn't crash and will allow you to get into 'Stadium' edit mode...
D. While leaving it in 'Stadium' mode at this point, load your ballpark you wish to edit----it should now be in 'Stadium' mode already once it loads.

[3] Always switch to 'Broadcast Mode' when you Exit & Save a game. Re-entering a game, or starting a game in 3D ballpark mode is just asking for a 'crash'. In addition, try not to allow a game to end while in 3D mode---or the next time you try to enter a game with that team, OOTP will startup in the stadium mode you were at when the game did the last Exit & Save.

[4] When you are in an exhibition game and 'testing out' a new 3D park you have designed, and you Save & Exit the game and then go into 3D stadium edit mode, you'll still see residual player photos, widgets, linescore boxes etc from the game you just exited on the screen while in 3D edit mode.

HOW TO FIX THIS:
A. Load a totally different 3D ballpark first, then load the ballpark you're working on.
TIP: Load 'default_minor.obj' ballpark when you load your 'totally different ballpark'.... it's only 126K in file size, and it will load rapidly.

***I only ask one thing in exchange for providing these free ballparks---that everyone who likes/uses them keep the OOTP team aware of how much you would like to see these 3D ballpark editing bugs fixed, and how much you want to see the 3D feature continue to be developed. This 3D ballpark thing is cool IMHO, and it is TOTALLY UNIQUE and unlike any other real ball-flight environment of any other baseball sim out there. The potential of the 3D ballpark mode is HUGE from my perspective----keep the OOTP developers aware of this if you agree. Many thanks.....enjoy.

Jazjef
jazjef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:14 PM   #2
steff13356
Bat Boy

The link is dead...anyone aware where I can get these stadiums?
steff13356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:16 PM   #3
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:20 AM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:48 PM   #5
drksd4848
All Star Starter

I always had the suspicion that this post was a "hit and run". Something like one of those emails from Nigeria.

I could be wrong though...

EDIT: I will say, some of his tips for importing 3D ballparks seem helpful though...

Last edited by drksd4848; 08-21-2015 at 06:53 PM.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:30 PM   #6
jazjef
Bat Boy

3D ballparks UPDATED LINK

It appears my website provider etc removed my zip file etc---this was why the link was dead.

Updated link as of 03/22/2016
http://www.psyentific.net/OOTP163D_ficparks_1to6.zip

*Note: these were tested only on OOTP16---not sure about OOTP17 compatibility.
jazjef is offline   Reply With Quote