Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2015, 07:44 PM   #1
Riverdome
All Star Reserve

Can't activate player - why?

Playing ECHL and I can't activate a player from my reserve list. Before I post this in the bug thread - am I missing something?

He was assigned from my AHL affiliate, can they insist he sit in the stands?? I had this happen last night in a different saved game with a different player. Eventually the player was called back up but until then he was stuck on the reserve list.
Attached Images
Old 10-01-2015, 07:52 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

He's contracted to the AHL team, then? In that case which roster he's on depends on them (the reserve list is basically a catch-all for any team without farm teams to simulate other places a player could be sent, so he's effectively been placed "on another team's roster" by the AHL team.)

And Malte was able to add that thing I mentioned to you earlier where you'll be able to sign guys instantly out of the FHL/SPHL (and other similar places) during the season, should be in the first patch.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:13 PM   #3
Riverdome
All Star Reserve

Thanks Jeff.

I still don't completely understand why I see him if I can't promote him. The Reserve List is shared by multiple teams and acts like an extension of the active roster? Seems like he should be on a roster somewhere - NHL/AHL/ECHL/ or lower. If the organization has too many players shouldn't someone get released.

Don't mean to nit-pick, I'm having fun and just trying to understand it all.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:32 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

No problem. Basically, the reserve list exists because every team needs one level below it for the AI to function properly, and we have to cut off the league modeling in the database at some level. In Toledo's case, they shouldn't really have one, because an ECHL team will normally have an SPHL or FHL team to send people to, via a formal affiliation or just ad hoc loan arrangements. The teams with reserve lists should be a couple of steps down from there - something like the LNAH, if we had it in the game, where the "farm team" is basically the beer leagues. But in Toledo's case, I messed up and missed the entry for their intended farm team, Peoria, so they've got a reserve list when they shouldn't, and conceptually it doesn't make much sense to have one at that level. If it was set up properly (and the fix is coming), your AHL parent (Grand Rapids) would be sending guys to Peoria of the SPHL if they didn't think they belonged with you, and you wouldn't be able to get them back at will because they belong to Grand Rapids, who makes the choices about where they go.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:48 AM   #5
Riverdome
All Star Reserve

Makes sense, thank you for taking the time to spell it out for me. Looking forward to seeing how FHM2 matures through the patch process and then into FHM3 and beyond. Very happy with my $30 investment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
No problem. Basically, the reserve list exists because every team needs one level below it for the AI to function properly, and we have to cut off the league modeling in the database at some level. In Toledo's case, they shouldn't really have one, because an ECHL team will normally have an SPHL or FHL team to send people to, via a formal affiliation or just ad hoc loan arrangements. The teams with reserve lists should be a couple of steps down from there - something like the LNAH, if we had it in the game, where the "farm team" is basically the beer leagues. But in Toledo's case, I messed up and missed the entry for their intended farm team, Peoria, so they've got a reserve list when they shouldn't, and conceptually it doesn't make much sense to have one at that level. If it was set up properly (and the fix is coming), your AHL parent (Grand Rapids) would be sending guys to Peoria of the SPHL if they didn't think they belonged with you, and you wouldn't be able to get them back at will because they belong to Grand Rapids, who makes the choices about where they go.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:03 PM   #6
pisano77
Bat Boy

would this be the same also.. i want to have Barzal start on the Islanders instead of going back to juniors. Why can't i do that? In the offseason shouldn't you have the option for him to make the team or go to juniors?
pisano77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:47 PM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisano77 View Post
would this be the same also.. i want to have Barzal start on the Islanders instead of going back to juniors. Why can't i do that? In the offseason shouldn't you have the option for him to make the team or go to juniors?
Once he's assigned to junior, even if that's the way it is at the beginning of the game, he's there for the rest of the year. If Barzal makes the team (and from the sounds of it he's making a pretty good case for it), he'll be on the Islanders when we update to the opening night rosters.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #8
Riverdome
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Once he's assigned to junior, even if that's the way it is at the beginning of the game, he's there for the rest of the year. If Barzal makes the team (and from the sounds of it he's making a pretty good case for it), he'll be on the Islanders when we update to the opening night rosters.

JeffR - is there a roster thread somewhere we can add to? In the current roster set Detroit has released Jake Patterson when in fact they have not. He will start the year in the ECHL and challenge for an AHL spot during the season.