Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Question about OOTP14 and Historical Mode

Don't currently own the game ... waiting on FHM to get more polished as Hockey is my first love. But, having said that ....

Is it possible in OOTP14 to run a historical league starting in the year the Expos entered the league and manually control the expansion (ie so Expos stay in MTL) and to expand/assign minor leagues as well

For example, lets says I keep the Expos where they are but decide to expand the NL and AL by two teams each, can I also expand the minor leagues to accommodate those two new teams?
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

The quick answer is yes.

But, if you are playing historical you won't have the actual minor league setup unless you create it yourself. Instead, you will have whichever levels of minor leagues you choose upon setup and the leagues will mirror the setup of the majors. So if you start a league in 75 your AAA league will have 2 leagues of 12 teams, divided into 2 divisions of 6, 24 teams total.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
The quick answer is yes.

But, if you are playing historical you won't have the actual minor league setup unless you create it yourself. Instead, you will have whichever levels of minor leagues you choose upon setup and the leagues will mirror the setup of the majors. So if you start a league in 75 your AAA league will have 2 leagues of 12 teams, divided into 2 divisions of 6, 24 teams total.

so during the setup wizard, if I say choose all 5 levels of the minor leagues .. they'll be present and can be expanded manually the same way the majors can? (ie using League Expansion Wizard)

Leaning heavily towards taking the plunge and buying OOTP14
Old 10-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #4
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordrehl View Post
so during the setup wizard, if I say choose all 5 levels of the minor leagues .. they'll be present and can be expanded manually the same way the majors can? (ie using League Expansion Wizard)

Leaning heavily towards taking the plunge and buying OOTP14
Yes. Just make sure when you set up your league that you don't select the option allow expansion. Reason being, choosing this tells the game that you want your league to expand (and or name changes) according to history. This would cause the Expos to become the Nationals.

You can manually expand your league whenever you choose. T

Oh and now would be a great time to buy. They just lowered the price to $19.99.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Oh and remember to select the option to allow ghost players. When playing historical, you aren't going to have enough players to field complete minor league teams.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Oh and remember to select the option to allow ghost players. When playing historical, you aren't going to have enough players to field complete minor league teams.
From memory the manual says there's an option to fill the minor's with fictional players as well

And yes, the sale is why I'm pondering it lol

Thanks fro all the info
Old 10-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordrehl View Post
From memory the manual says there's an option to fill the minor's with fictional players as well

And yes, the sale is why I'm pondering it lol

Thanks fro all the info
I think you will love the game. There are so many ways to play this game it's a steal for 20 bucks.