Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
emwave1
Bat Boy

Eastside Hockey Manager fan gameflow question

As a huge fan of Eastside Hockey Manager, I would love to see FHM adopt some of the gameflow of Eastside Hockey Manager during the actual games. I used to love watching the little puck get passed around so that you could see offensive zone time/gameflow/puck possession. Is there a reason why that can't be done for FHM?
Old 05-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I think they are working on Eddie Shack doing a pirouette everytime someone scores a goal(not really).

The 2D engine probably won't make it for the first version. I'm hoping for at least a siren going off for a goal being scored .

My want list:

1.) Fictional Leagues
2.) WHA
3.) Eddie Shack doing a pirouette
4.)Eddie Shack spelling GOAL for every goal scored
5.) 2D engine
6.) Exhibition games between leagues
7.)All-star games between leagues
Old 05-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
emwave1
Bat Boy

I'll keep my fingers crossed at least for the 2D engine. I loved that aspect of EHM 07 (which I still play, but I need to renew my e-license since I've upgraded my computer so many times since I bought the game).

I wouldn't mind having a little Sam Rosen yelling "Matteau! Matteau!" and "Where's the puck?!?!?!?!"
Old 05-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emwave1 View Post
I'll keep my fingers crossed at least for the 2D engine. I loved that aspect of EHM 07 (which I still play, but I need to renew my e-license since I've upgraded my computer so many times since I bought the game).

I wouldn't mind having a little Sam Rosen yelling "Matteau! Matteau!" and "Where's the puck?!?!?!?!"

....or Bob Cole losing his voice over the excitement of a Maple Leaf goal late in the game while the Leafs were trailing 8-0.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:52 AM   #5
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emwave1 View Post
As a huge fan of Eastside Hockey Manager, I would love to see FHM adopt some of the gameflow of Eastside Hockey Manager during the actual games. I used to love watching the little puck get passed around so that you could see offensive zone time/gameflow/puck possession. Is there a reason why that can't be done for FHM?
It won't be any time soon unfortunately. It would take away too much development time from other areas. It took SI a good year to develop their 2D engine - and that was with the benefit of code and advice from those who developed the 2D engine for Champ Man. OOTP don't have the same benefit - and there are still an awful lot of other things that need work on in FHM both for this version and for future versions (e.g. national teams, tactics, GUI, etc).
Old 06-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #6
Patman
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
It won't be any time soon unfortunately. It would take away too much development time from other areas. It took SI a good year to develop their 2D engine - and that was with the benefit of code and advice from those who developed the 2D engine for Champ Man. OOTP don't have the same benefit - and there are still an awful lot of other things that need work on in FHM both for this version and for future versions (e.g. national teams, tactics, GUI, etc).
Its a shame because its hard to tell if what you are doing is working in this game... in terms of strategies and the rest.

I suppose that is to be expected. Championship manager must sell upon sell... though I've seen they've gone to a 3d model (purty ).

Nevertheless, messing around with the game, I feel the game is lacking in game fundamentals and the such. I love OOTP's style of interface... the better FHM works with it the better. If we can magically put ehm's hockey module next to OOTPs interface and adaptability.... *drool*

I am still very much looking forward to seeing what OOTP puts together. I never bought EHM's SI sports game (I think ?)... certainly played the demo. I would like it if the dev team took the time to re-think some of the interface... i know there's a desire to make hockey go its own way but I feel its too "big" when it doesn't need to be and OOTP is adequately small in those situations. Also, (and this is a skinning issue) having white dominate as a color is a tad much.