Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2021, 10:54 AM   #161
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker2112 View Post
Hey Eriq...i have a mac and for the life of me i have no idea how to get it "working" on as a desktop program...any help would be MUCH appreciated!
The macOS binaries are packaged as .dmg files - it's a bit old-school. Just download the .dmg asset from the "releases" link on the right side of the page:

.dmg is short for "disk image", so when you run the downloaded file it will mount on your desktop as if it were an external disk or thumb drive. Opening that will show you this:

In that window, you literally drag jerseymaker into the Applications folder. Once you do that, it's...well...in your Applications folder and you can run it from there.

If macOS blocks the app because of security reasons (not a bad thing for it to do, ultimately), you can work around that by clicking on the app while holding the CTRL key down and then choosing "Open" from the menu. That will bring up a slightly different version of the security screen with an option to actually open the app. I think you only have to do that CTRL-click thing once per app.

Note that you will also need to have a working installation of ImageMagick for full functionality.

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 12-30-2021 at 11:01 AM.
eriqjaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 12:48 PM   #162
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

You're not alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker2112 View Post
Hey Eriq...i have a mac and for the life of me i have no idea how to get it "working" on as a desktop program...any help would be MUCH appreciated!
I'm on Monterey, and there's no X11 yet...so if that's required (as ImageMagick says it is), then I may just be SOL (sort-of outta luck?) until Apple gets it together.

Nevermind, just read the post above and found the dmg...need more coffee...
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."

Last edited by Ty Cobb; 12-30-2021 at 12:50 PM.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 02:21 PM   #163
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
The macOS binaries are packaged as .dmg files - it's a bit old-school. Just download the .dmg asset from the "releases" link on the right side of the page:

.dmg is short for "disk image", so when you run the downloaded file it will mount on your desktop as if it were an external disk or thumb drive. Opening that will show you this:

In that window, you literally drag jerseymaker into the Applications folder. Once you do that, it's...well...in your Applications folder and you can run it from there.

If macOS blocks the app because of security reasons (not a bad thing for it to do, ultimately), you can work around that by clicking on the app while holding the CTRL key down and then choosing "Open" from the menu. That will bring up a slightly different version of the security screen with an option to actually open the app. I think you only have to do that CTRL-click thing once per app.

Note that you will also need to have a working installation of ImageMagick for full functionality.

I must be missing something....where is the file to launch?
Attached Images
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 11:20 AM   #164
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Looks like you downloaded the wrong thing, sir. You want the .dmg one as indicated in the pictures.
Old 01-16-2022, 09:03 PM   #165
bigd51
Minors (Triple A)

When I have your Jersey Maker installed on my desktop and try to install the Cap Maker program, the Jersey Maker program disappears and is replaced by the Cap Maker program and vice versa.

Is there a way to have both programs installed at the same time?
bigd51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 05:29 PM   #166
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51 View Post
When I have your Jersey Maker installed on my desktop and try to install the Cap Maker program, the Jersey Maker program disappears and is replaced by the Cap Maker program and vice versa.

Is there a way to have both programs installed at the same time?
Thanks for the heads-up, this should be fixed now.

New releases for all four of the apps have been published to GitHub, probably a good idea to uninstall the current version manually before installing the new version.
Old 04-04-2022, 09:56 PM   #167
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Where is the link to download the desktop Mac version for this? I can't remember lol
Old 04-04-2022, 10:01 PM   #168
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Ok...I downloaded it and installed it...but I can't seem to find the icon to actually launch it lol

EDIT: I got it...no worries

Last edited by PSUColonel; 04-04-2022 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:02 PM   #169
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

eriqjaffe, thank you so much for your graphics contribution to the OOTP Community.

Your creations have greatly enhanced our immersion in the game... without your work and software, the game would be bland and boring visually.

Words fail me to describe your graphics contributions to OOTP, so I had to resort to Roget's Thesaurus.
Attached Images
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 11:48 AM   #170
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

The ootputilities.com domain will be expiring on July 22, 2024, and the site will no longer be available after that time. I have not made any changes to the web apps in a number of years and have migrated all of my web-based apps to cross-platform desktop apps with the same (and in some cases improved) functionality. That being the case, I have decided that it is no longer worth spending my money on the web hosting.

I am closing a door, there's been a window open for quite a while. You can download the desktop apps at https://eriqjaffe.github.io or by clicking the link in my signature.