Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:23 PM   #1
Malova
Minors (Double A)

Question about Ticket Prices (Possible Bug)

In the attached picture you will notice the ticket price of $40.00 I have had it at $40.00 well over 15 years now and the left side has steadily increased.

-Is this effecting my attendance?
-Is this a bug?
-Explain to me the $90.27

Thanks for help in advance.
Attached Images
Malova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:04 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

No, the previous year price listed does not affect the current attendance. We do try to keep the previous price accurate, but there may be certain conditions in the league (ie gate sharing or playoff setup) which may be causing a problem.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:34 PM   #3
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

as per my post earlier today ... the price went up on its own and I cant change it back to where it was before So bottomline how do I fix it
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:36 PM   #4
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

as far as the playoff money is concerned I have as YET to see the playoff money be doubled as mentioned 2 years ago (real years or 2 versions ago) the gate receipt is still as if it was regular season as well.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:44 PM   #5
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

What kind of owner do you have?
Maybe one that will do this on his own?

No chance you are just playing as a "Manager" and not the "General Manager"?

That is kind of odd.
Winnipeg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:48 PM   #6
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

as far as mine .... I control everything ALL aspects except minor league activities
Old 07-29-2017, 08:52 PM   #7
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

What are your owner characteristics?
You can have a meddling owner, maybe really a cheapskate, concerned only with profit? Might be some "perfect storm" of evil owner combination.

You mentioned you have left the prices alone (might you raise them for the post-season or even late season)? They do lock out at the end of the year (at some point - Winter Meeting time I think) so you can sell season tickets.

Again, really odd.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:55 PM   #8
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

Inflation on?
Old 07-29-2017, 09:10 PM   #9
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

as far as inflation ON I have no clue as where to find it but will keep looking but logically even with inflation I should still be able to control the price anyways keeping it where I want it to be so I can keep trying to get season sellouts ... came close a couple times but never could get the 400 to 500 boston sellouts in a row (real life)
Attached Images
Old 07-29-2017, 09:13 PM   #10
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

here is that finances you mentioned
Attached Images
Old 07-29-2017, 09:56 PM   #11
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

The price listed for the previous year is simply for display only. It doesn't actually come into play.

As for playoff revenue, by default the ticket price is doubled and shared 50/50 home and road, so if you have 40k seats and a 10$ ticket price, you should see both the home and road teams get 400k per game.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:03 PM   #12
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I don't understand how it can not be in play for it changed on its own to that and now I get less fannies in the seats because of the higher price tickets ,... I am unable to lower the price (yes in commissioner mode) and nothing works as I test it for the following season. Still the price goes back up automatically to this price. thus as you can tell the first half of season not many in the stands and still having issues of filling the seats up. Used to never have this issue. for I have somewhat figured out the happy balance to keep it close as possible to sellouts. So what am I missing ???

As far as playoffs I didn't know it was 50/50 rev sharing. All I knew was it was double gate receipts .... NOT 100% certain as I get the 50% when I am in away game but will keep a sharp eye during this seasons playoffs
Old 07-29-2017, 10:04 PM   #13
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

the point is I don't change prices each year so the price should be 29 bucks not 34 bucks .... I am speculating that the game thinks its 34 bucks right now not 29 and based on that reasoning is why I think I am not selling out near as often as I have been in past seasons .... 5 seasons ago is when I noticed this issue as it became a financial issue for me.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:18 PM   #14
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

in the picture shown, you don't have a 90 dollar ticket, you ahve a 40.

last year's ticket price doesn't matter is what he was saying. plus, from the screenshot it looks like you can still edit the "40"

if it's season tickets: the first day or so you sell a huge portion of the total #, so changing the price after the first day or 2 won't help bring those #'s back up... you'd probably have to figure out based on how many you sell at a particular price and then average it out weighted to # of sold already etc... then maybe it would bump up like you'd expect.

no worries on low season ticket sales. it will never affect # of tickets sold at the gate per game at a particular price whatsoever. unless something has changed very recently. whether you seel 1 season ticket for 20,000 --> IF "30" would normally fill it on that day of the season with a similar record etc etc, it will still fill it whether it's 49,999 or 30,000 out of 50k.

Last edited by NoOne; 07-29-2017 at 10:25 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:29 PM   #15
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

apparently not getting through .... when I try to lower the ticket price from last year ($34.81) that was done by AI of which it was NOT supposed to happen in the last 5 seasons to ($29.00 where its been for 20 seasons) IF this is cosmetic then why am I losing money ???? and less people sitting in stands than I am used to ???

If its cosmetic then I will have to be in commissioner mode to manipulate the finances towards end of each season .... Thanks anyways at least I can say I wont be cheating
Old 07-29-2017, 10:55 PM   #16
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

well, if it's changing on it's own and you have all the settings verified, then??

upload the files and such in tech support

i've never seen it change my ticket price, except when i accidentally created a league and the settings were wrong.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:02 AM   #17
Malova
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg59 View Post
Inflation on?
Yes, this may be causing the issue or bug is I see it.
Old 07-30-2017, 12:04 AM   #18
Malova
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
The price listed for the previous year is simply for display only. It doesn't actually come into play.

As for playoff revenue, by default the ticket price is doubled and shared 50/50 home and road, so if you have 40k seats and a 10$ ticket price, you should see both the home and road teams get 400k per game.
Ok this makes sense to me, I am not having any issues with revenue if anything it's a display issue more than anything. Non the less I am happy with this amazing game:P
Old 05-10-2022, 08:51 AM   #19
dsthomp
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
apparently not getting through .... when I try to lower the ticket price from last year ($34.81) that was done by AI of which it was NOT supposed to happen in the last 5 seasons to ($29.00 where its been for 20 seasons) IF this is cosmetic then why am I losing money ???? and less people sitting in stands than I am used to ???

If its cosmetic then I will have to be in commissioner mode to manipulate the finances towards end of each season .... Thanks anyways at least I can say I wont be cheating
This happens to me all the time, especially when I have a season in which there are many sellouts. I've tried changing every setting I can think might be relevant. It's obviously not "just cosmetic" in my case because last year's ticket price is always incorrectly changed to an unrealistically low figure, which causes a decrease in tickets sales due to the incorrect, artificial "increase" the current year's ticket price. My guess is that it's not just a cosmetic bug but some leftover code from someone's old idea of adding another "challenge" to the game when you're having too much success. Always annoys the hell out of me.
dsthomp is offline   Reply With Quote