Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:08 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation Historical database issues thread

Hi guys:

Please post any issues with the historical db's here. Players importing multiple times, not importing, crazy ratings, wrong stats or other stuff like this. Spritze and Bigrod will do their best to respond and to fix and issues.

Thanks for your help in making OOTP better!
Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:41 PM   #2
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

Is there any chance that we can get this issue resolved?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=269366
nyy26wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:59 PM   #3
Brian James
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I could be wrong, but a few of the WAR's from past seasons seem off. For example, Addison Russell's 2016 WAR is listed as 1.8, but between Reference, Fangraphs, and BP, his lowest number was 3.9.
Brian James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:03 PM   #4
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Not at this time.

The historical database has no control over service time calculations. That is a horse of a different color. This type of request goes one level up in general bug reports.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:04 PM   #5
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
I could be wrong, but a few of the WAR's from past seasons seem off. For example, Addison Russell's 2016 WAR is listed as 1.8, but between Reference, Fangraphs, and BP, his lowest number was 3.9.
This also goes one level up.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:48 PM   #6
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Not at this time.

The historical database has no control over service time calculations. That is a horse of a different color. This type of request goes one level up in general bug reports.
Thanks. I'll repost it there.
nyy26wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:53 AM   #7
Supermercado
Minors (Triple A)

Just playing through MLB to see what happens and I noticed a guy called Thomas Meara (actual minor performance - 32hr in 11 games in 1887 http://www.baseball-reference.com/re...d=meara-001tho) showed up in the majors in 1887 and hit 15-88-75-59 HR in the next four seasons.

I had neutralized stats on and development engine rather than recalc, but still that's a hell of a development jump from season 1 to 2 for a guy that had 136 minor league ABs. Is this courtesy of his insane minor league HR record?

Update: Started again with a non-neutralized game and he's just whipped home 87 long balls in 1888. Checked his stats and he has a 255 power rating against both L and R pitchers. By comparison second in HR was Jack Clements with 23 and his power rating is 80 vs LHP and 99 vs RHP.

Last edited by Supermercado; 03-21-2017 at 03:47 AM.
Supermercado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:24 AM   #8
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermercado View Post
Just playing through MLB to see what happens and I noticed a guy called Thomas Meara (actual minor performance - 32hr in 11 games in 1887 http://www.baseball-reference.com/re...d=meara-001tho) showed up in the majors in 1887 and hit 15-88-75-59 HR in the next four seasons.

I had neutralized stats on and development engine rather than recalc, but still that's a hell of a development jump from season 1 to 2 for a guy that had 136 minor league ABs. Is this courtesy of his insane minor league HR record?

Update: Started again with a non-neutralized game and he's just whipped home 87 long balls in 1888. Checked his stats and he has a 255 power rating against both L and R pitchers. By comparison second in HR was Jack Clements with 23 and his power rating is 80 vs LHP and 99 vs RHP.
Fixed
Old 03-21-2017, 04:29 AM   #9
Supermercado
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Fixed
Thank you, and apologies to the distant relatives of Mr. Meara for wrecking his shot at historical immortality.
Supermercado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:47 AM   #10
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermercado View Post

Actually this might be a typo on baseball reference.
He shows only 16 hits and 11 runs but 32 hr.
So I think he maybe had 3 that year.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:39 PM   #11
geoffmatt17
Major Leagues

Minor League db has players first / last names reversed

Firstly, THANK YOU! for the MiLB csv file!!! Secondly, after a quick pass through of the information on it, I have found 2,700 players who's first and last names are reversed. Just a couple quick steps of adding "=left" formulas columns next to the minor league ID column and the last name column and seeing what doesn't match. Who can I send this information to?
geoffmatt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:29 PM   #12
ra24mpa
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffmatt17 View Post
Firstly, THANK YOU! for the MiLB csv file!!! Secondly, after a quick pass through of the information on it, I have found 2,700 players who's first and last names are reversed. Just a couple quick steps of adding "=left" formulas columns next to the minor league ID column and the last name column and seeing what doesn't match. Who can I send this information to?
Out of curiosity, how many of them were first-year players in 2016?
ra24mpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:32 PM   #13
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffmatt17 View Post
attach here and I'll pick it up.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:29 PM   #14
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

Red Hoff shows up as Red 'Red' Hoff when nicknames are checked off. Kind of nitpicky, perhaps, but it seems redundant.

Also a lot of the pitchers seem to have contact potential that are really low despite pretty high power potential ratings (due to small sample sized minor league hitting numbers it seems). Not sure if this is a case of how BA potential is computed and if it's erring on the side of caution re: low Contact Potential?

Example #1: RP Joseph Kemis - kemis-001jos
IRL: Has 106 PA and hit .287/.352/.489 but with 5 Doubles and 4 HR

Yet he has a 13 Contact Potential against a 66 Power Potential?

Example #2: RP Russell Fritsch - fritsc001rus
IRL: Has just 71 PA but hits .313/.371/.531 with 4 Doubles, 2 Triples, and 2 HR

Yet he has a 6 Contact Potential vs. a 34 Gap/61 HR/36 Eye

I'm not advocating they get like 60-70 Contact potential or anything but even 20-25 or 25-30 would seem to be more realistic. Low enough that they don't become superstars but high enough that they could hit a little in 'No DH' leagues.

Instead I'm seeing a ton of SP/RP types with 1 Contact Potential or variations hewing closer to that number than say 20.

Last edited by DawnBTVS; 03-21-2017 at 04:30 PM.
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:34 PM   #15
BeatsByDrSpi
Bat Boy

I wanted to do a league with the 2005 White Sox, but a few guys showed up throughout the organizational roster multiple times. For example, there was a Willie Harris, a Willy Harris, and a Will Harris all on different minor league teams in the organization. There were two Josh Fields as well. Also, a lot of the jersey numbers were way off. Frank Thomas was #80 something, AJ Pierzynski was #70 something, etc.
BeatsByDrSpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:08 PM   #16
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnBTVS View Post
Also a lot of the pitchers seem to have contact potential that are really low despite pretty high power potential ratings (due to small sample sized minor league hitting numbers it seems). Not sure if this is a case of how BA potential is computed and if it's erring on the side of caution re: low Contact Potential?

Example #1: RP Joseph Kemis - kemis-001jos
IRL: Has 106 PA and hit .287/.352/.489 but with 5 Doubles and 4 HR

Yet he has a 13 Contact Potential against a 66 Power Potential?

Example #2: RP Russell Fritsch - fritsc001rus
IRL: Has just 71 PA but hits .313/.371/.531 with 4 Doubles, 2 Triples, and 2 HR

Yet he has a 6 Contact Potential vs. a 34 Gap/61 HR/36 Eye

I'm not advocating they get like 60-70 Contact potential or anything but even 20-25 or 25-30 would seem to be more realistic. Low enough that they don't become superstars but high enough that they could hit a little in 'No DH' leagues.

Instead I'm seeing a ton of SP/RP types with 1 Contact Potential or variations hewing closer to that number than say 20.
This goes one level up. Not a database issue. I will Fix Red Red.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:14 PM   #17
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatsByDrSpi View Post
I wanted to do a league with the 2005 White Sox, but a few guys showed up throughout the organizational roster multiple times. For example, there was a Willie Harris, a Willy Harris, and a Will Harris all on different minor league teams in the organization. There were two Josh Fields as well. Also, a lot of the jersey numbers were way off. Frank Thomas was #80 something, AJ Pierzynski was #70 something, etc.
The Harris's are 3 different people with different birthplaces and birthdays. Same with the Josh's= 2 dudes. Jersey numbers are not controlled by the database
Old 03-21-2017, 09:41 PM   #18
geoffmatt17
Major Leagues

Quote:
attach here and I'll pick it up.
Here is the file (couldn't get the .zip to be small enough so I put it in my dropbox):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xobb0lhzw8...r-gm.xlsx?dl=0

You'll see I added columns to do a lookup, and it's filtered on the mistakes I found.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:42 PM   #19
geoffmatt17
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra24mpa View Post
Out of curiosity, how many of them were first-year players in 2016?
Almost all - 2,500 of 2,700.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:48 PM   #20
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I cannot download this file

Dropbox only displays it open

I need it as a file not a bunch of individual lines

Sorry. Please try again?