Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quickseries feature

I posted this in the suggestion forum, but I want to try it here since it might get more views/feedback. Plus I think if this was a part of OOTP 14 it would be the coolest thing since sliced bread...

Quick Series option:

This would be sort of like a Quickstart game but on a much smaller scale between just two teams.

Say I want to do a world series rematch between the '75 Cincy Reds and The '75 Boston Red Sox. Or, I want to play out a hypothetical series between the 1988 Red Sox and 1988 Mets. Rather than creating a WHOLE new game, import the teams, then sim until October (if you want), you would have a feature that would import any team in history and create a quick series of any length between the two. You could do world series rematches, world series hyoptheticals, redo playoffs etc...

This would work like the simulate feature, only it would allow you to actually play out the game. It would be in the start screen menu, where "Create new custom game" and "Create Quickstart" live.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
nebradska
Minors (Triple A)

I don't think I'd ever use something like this, but I like it.
nebradska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Excellent idea. Although it would not replace the way I currently play OOTP (long historical), I would use it in addtion, and could see replaying out every World Series ever, plus some hypotheticals.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #4
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
Excellent idea. Although it would not replace the way I currently play OOTP (long historical), I would use it in addtion, and could see replaying out every World Series ever, plus some hypotheticals.
Yeah, I think it could open up a lot of hypothetical possibilities, especially if the each team plays within its era.

For example, when you match up a deadball era team against a modern era team, the era/style of play is determined by the home team:

The 1903 Boston Red Sox match up against the 1998 Yankees; when the yankees play 03 Sox at home, they have to play deadball style!

The problem with games that allow hypo-match ups like microleague, EWB etc, is that the games are based on pure stats, played in a vacuum... This would eliminate that...
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #5
Ceej
Minors (Double A)

I believe this is something I've asked for in the past myself, as I had fun doing such "exhibition games" all the time in Diamond Mind Baseball quite easily. In DMB, one page of dropdown menus let you play the 2003 Red Sox vs. the 1921 Pirates, with deadball conditions, in the L.A. Coliseum in June weather if you wanted.
Ceej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #6
Dutch Alexander
All Star Reserve

Would love to see this.
Dutch Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote