Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 11-24-2019, 04:14 PM   #661
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

LOLx2. #1 Rudolph played so bad vs the Bungles they benched him. #2 Steelers bench the QB & still beat the Bungles.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 04:16 PM   #662
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

A pass interference was reversed by replay!!!! AGAINST the Saints, no less.

Orleans has a right to be P.O.'d.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-24-2019, 04:18 PM   #663
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

I'm gonna say it now....I don't see the Pats losing the rest of the way. I think they finish 15-1, lock up home field AGAIN and head for the Super Bowl. I know the Ravens legit beat them handily in Baltimore, but I dont think they do that in Foxboro. And you watch the Pats become champs again. Which is why I said way, way earlier in the year that there was no reason for any of the other NFL teams' fans to get all excited about 2019. The Pats would do it again from the get go.
And I am already starting to think the same about 2020.

BTW, I am a Chiefs fan.
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 04:37 PM   #664
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I am running out of fingers to count the number of games rivera and norv have lost with their absurdly terrible goal line playcalling
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 04:58 PM   #665
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I am running out of fingers to count the number of games rivera and norv have lost with their absurdly terrible goal line playcalling
Clock management was horrible. But this one lands squarely at the feet of Joey Slye. Literally.You'd think after he sliced 2 in a row, then made another one that almost sliced past the upright, that he'd over compensate to the left. But no, he does the same frikkin' thing again!!!!
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-24-2019, 05:24 PM   #666
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

I think a lot depends on Brady's health. Certainly New England has a good chance, but I'm not sure I'd bet against Baltimore in a Patriots/Ravens AFC championship game.
monkeyman576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 05:27 PM   #667
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
I went once. Unfortunately, I went on a whim. My brother got married in Detroit & on the drive back to Carolina, I decide to detour there. But it was Sunday and the place close early. So I only had 45 minutes.

From what I could see, I don't think you need more than a day. But, as of tomorrow, that was 18 years ago. My bro's anny is today.
Yeah that's why I was asking, wanted to make sure I saw everything and not rush.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 05:30 PM   #668
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Clock management was horrible. But this one lands squarely at the feet of Joey Slye. Literally.You'd think after he sliced 2 in a row, then made another one that almost sliced past the upright, that he'd over compensate to the left. But no, he does the same frikkin' thing again!!!!
Yes he sucks. Knowing he sucks, you should try to score a touchdown instead of relying on him.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:49 PM   #669
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Clock management was horrible.
This reminds me of something I was going to post a few days ago. I think it came up again in the Thursday night game: I am simply amazed at the poor job both college and especially pro teams do with late-game (or late-half) clock management. Getting a delay of game penalty or having to take a timeout to avoid one - at any time during a game - is bad enough, and is usually inexcusable. But the worst IMO is, as an example, when the clock is running and under a minute left, and the obvious call is a timeout. Instead, the clock runs down, the offense runs around like headless chickens, and only when 30 precious seconds have come off the clock and a delay of game penalty is imminent does the coach call a timeout. Things like this, or variations of it, are too common and drive me nuts...
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 07:28 PM   #670
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Congrats to the Pats. But it was aided by yet again another phantom call. I still don't think the Cowboys would have won anyway, but I sometime have to wonder what the refs are looking at with these calls. Are they just looking to make a call, any call? Tripping on the center and you have to bend over backwards to come to that conclusion. It was just made up.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 08:37 PM   #671
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Congrats to the Pats. But it was aided by yet again another phantom call. I still don't think the Cowboys would have won anyway, but I sometime have to wonder what the refs are looking at with these calls. Are they just looking to make a call, any call? Tripping on the center and you have to bend over backwards to come to that conclusion. It was just made up.
They need to do some video training and show some Grayson Allen clips as examples of actual tripping.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-25-2019, 01:31 AM   #672
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Here's a "heh" about Dwayne Haskins missing the final kneel-down play of Washington's victory over the Lions. An interception had effectively ended the game but the clock had to be run out. "Where's Dwayne? Where's Dwayne?"

Here he was!

Name:  191124212012-01-dwayne-haskins-1124-exlarge-169.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  76.9 KB

Fortunately, cool heads prevailed and the coach sent in the backup QB to do the honors. Some people made a stink about it, particularly Joe Theismann, but no real harm done. Just a rookie mistake which Haskins has maturely acknowledged, saying "I'll get it next time."

It's like something my sons would do. Kids, will you put down the stupid smartphones and take care of business when necessary?

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 11-25-2019 at 01:42 AM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 02:01 AM   #673
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

On the other hand, this is an "ugh," an indication of how stupid people can be:

Video: Watch Browns Fans Hit Mason Rudolph Pinata with Helmet at Tailgate

Name:  Image0108.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  240.3 KB

I don't care if you are a Browns fan. Support the team and support Myles Garrett if you wish but don't make a mockery out of what happened because you are too bored and ill-bred to realize or appreciate that a serious injury could have been the result.

Garrett, the Browns, the NFL, and the rest of us are all lucky that it did not. Lucky.

As the article says, "Despite the quarterback being at serious risk of injury from the on-field play, the Browns fans are having fun at his expense." How damned dumb can you be?

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 11-25-2019 at 02:08 AM.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:08 AM   #674
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
On the other hand, this is an "ugh," an indication of how stupid people can be:

I don't care if you are a Browns fan. Support the team and support Myles Garrett if you wish but don't make a mockery out of what happened because you are too bored and ill-bred to realize or appreciate that a serious injury could have been the result.

Garrett, the Browns, the NFL, and the rest of us are all lucky that it did not. Lucky.

As the article says, "Despite the quarterback being at serious risk of injury from the on-field play, the Browns fans are having fun at his expense." How damned dumb can you be?
I really don't see anything wrong with this.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:07 AM   #675
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah just some lowbrow humor. If rudolph was actually hurt it would be more distasteful.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:32 AM   #676
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Fortunately, cool heads prevailed and the coach sent in the backup QB to do the honors. Some people made a stink about it, particularly Joe Theismann, but no real harm done. Just a rookie mistake which Haskins has maturely acknowledged, saying "I'll get it next time."

It's like something my sons would do. Kids, will you put down the stupid smartphones and take care of business when necessary?
I'd make a big stink about it, in house. This is your future leader here. No excuse for it.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-25-2019, 10:48 AM   #677
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Heh and ugh. Thanks for the diametrically opposed viewpoints, guys.

- Bru

Old 11-25-2019, 11:51 AM   #678
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah? Argue with this!

Patriots Finally Have Reason to Be Concerned About Tom Brady and the Offense

I looked at the standings this morning. The Pats are 10-1! Yet the issue seems to be "in four matchups against opponents that had winning records when they met, New England has averaged just 14.8 offensive points per game. The Patriots have managed to win three of those outings thanks mainly to fantastic defensive and special-teams play, and despite the play of Tom Brady."

What apparently sparked this was scoring only 13 points yesterday in "admittedly poor weather conditions Sunday. But this wasn't just about the wind and rain in Foxborough. In those four games against non-terrible opponents, Brady has completed just 53.8 percent of his passes for a yards-per-attempt average of only 5.0, a touchdown-to-interception ratio of 2-to-2 and a passer rating of 66.7."

The author gets to the point with "Has Brady finally hit a wall at the age of 42?. . . Brady's been an exception to a hell of a lot of rules, but the laws of nature are finally getting the best of him in his fifth decade on this planet. In the process, New England's offense has been exposed."

My POV: Brady's going to have to fall down much longer and harder than over just four games, one of which I saw yesterday and shook my head at how pro football chooses to play in such conditions, before we can say he has "hit a wall."

I'd take Brady at 42 over Manning at 38 (there's a wall for you) or Jones at 22, thank you. But sports writers must have things to write about.

- Bru

Old 11-25-2019, 12:48 PM   #679
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

I was thinking yesterday about the Manning/Brady comparison. It looked like to me the D was going to have to get Tom another ring just like Denver had to. The other hint is Brady lobbying for AB to get resigned. It showed his desperation, IMO, and the problems with the O is serious. It also showed rooting for Tom & Belichek is like cheering a Thanos & Darth Vader tag team.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-25-2019, 03:52 PM   #680
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh yeah? Argue with this!

Patriots Finally Have Reason to Be Concerned About Tom Brady and the Offense

I looked at the standings this morning. The Pats are 10-1! Yet the issue seems to be "in four matchups against opponents that had winning records when they met, New England has averaged just 14.8 offensive points per game. The Patriots have managed to win three of those outings thanks mainly to fantastic defensive and special-teams play, and despite the play of Tom Brady."

What apparently sparked this was scoring only 13 points yesterday in "admittedly poor weather conditions Sunday. But this wasn't just about the wind and rain in Foxborough. In those four games against non-terrible opponents, Brady has completed just 53.8 percent of his passes for a yards-per-attempt average of only 5.0, a touchdown-to-interception ratio of 2-to-2 and a passer rating of 66.7."

The author gets to the point with "Has Brady finally hit a wall at the age of 42?. . . Brady's been an exception to a hell of a lot of rules, but the laws of nature are finally getting the best of him in his fifth decade on this planet. In the process, New England's offense has been exposed."

My POV: Brady's going to have to fall down much longer and harder than over just four games, one of which I saw yesterday and shook my head at how pro football chooses to play in such conditions, before we can say he has "hit a wall."

I'd take Brady at 42 over Manning at 38 (there's a wall for you) or Jones at 22, thank you. But sports writers must have things to write about.
It's a bunch of crap IMO. Obviously Brady has to hit a wall sooner or later, I'm just not sure that's the reason now. Just like in 2013, Brady doesn't have much of an offense to work with. Did he hit a wall then?

Too many people make the mistake in thinking QB's play in a vacuum, either that or they just want something to write about. Your supporting cast matters.