Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 02-04-2016, 09:47 PM   #1
KingxX
Minors (Double A)

Features/Additions you would like to see in MLB MANAGER 2016

Last year I started this thread and at least a few of the features were added by the developers (thanks!). The "auto sim to date X" feature comes to mind.

Keep in mind not all things we would like to see are possible at this time, like the addition of a minor league system.

I'd like to see ...
- Actual spring training games.
- More in depth roster system. 40 man rosters, options, rule 5 draft, etc.
+ more, but thats all I can think of for now.

Your thoughts?
KingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:54 PM   #2
ZTO333
Minors (Double A)

I would love coaches, and league/schedule editor as well as a way to manage no team (so all teams can trade/manage themselves) in this version or versions in the near future. My guess would be, however, that we won't be getting a huge feature due to the release this year of FHM2
ZTO333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:35 PM   #3
Texasborn
Major Leagues

- More customization,# of draft rounds, importable logos, ect

- if no minor league system, maybe a small scout system, improved player profiles, discoveries, personally traits, improved player progression, ect. Know it's a long shot but something for down the road.

- Red stats that indicate league leader like on the computer version.

- New end of season points system, no more - point values.

- WAR and other stats

- Pre-Season Projections

Last edited by Texasborn; 03-09-2016 at 10:34 PM.
Texasborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:55 PM   #4
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasborn View Post
- More customization options, team's city and colors,# of draft rounds, ect
You can edit city and colors by going to Manager Home → Manage Team → Edit and you can edit colors, cities, nickname, and ballpark name. You just have to know the HTML code for the color you want.

As for the # of draft rounds, I think this would certainly be a welcome feature and I'm glad you mentioned that.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:02 AM   #5
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

- It's been mentioned before, but I'd like the ability to back up saved game files.

- The ability to decide yourself who gets inducted into the HOF

- Be able to edit award names

- League evolution

- scouting

- perhaps international / international amateur FA

May come up with more but that's all I've got for now. All of these seem at least slightly doable to me, especially the first 3.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:37 AM   #6
Texasborn
Major Leagues

Thanks, yours are nice suggestions as well. I might add with the customization, that in fictional leagues more unique emblems or the option to import your own would be nice.

Last edited by Texasborn; 02-05-2016 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:10 PM   #7
Paulie123
All Star Starter

Hi everyone, I agree with all the suggestions so far. I'd also really like

- Being able to do more complex filtering when searching for players, e.g. so I could filter for starters who are lefties and have stuff>8 and have control >6, or whatever. The Football Manager Handheld series has done this for several years with many more players in the database so hopefully doable on current devices here too

- Qualifying offer system instead of type A/B free agents

- Deeper draft pools. It feels like after the first 25-30 picks of a draft you're very unlikely to get anyone who will go on to make the majors, except for the dynamite but fragile relievers that the AI usually refuses to choose until much later
Paulie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:58 AM   #8
wodi
All Star Reserve

A minor league upgrade.

I am fully aware, we are always told the platform cannot support this. The platform however can support a green arrow system telling us when our minor leaguers are ready to come up.... Why can't this be implemented in a tiered format for A AA and AAA? There are plenty of creative ways the minor league system can be upgraded that doesn't require a more advanced platform.

Most of these other additions are secondary and don't add anything to the game without a better minor league system. Rule 5? How the hell can we have a rule 5 draft when we don't have 40 man rosters. How can we have 40 man rosters when our minor league system is a list of players, most guys who just go the the majors once drafted and very few guys actually having the potential to make the major leagues?

The only changes we're gonna see are little cosmetic changes.... Sim to date. More detailed leaders page, etc, nothing that will actually alter the gameplay. We're not gonna see international free agents, expansion, spring training.

These things are cool, but they're not happening. They're too advanced for a simplified version of a game.

If there's going to be a serious upgrade, it has to be minor leagues. You cannot have a sim baseball game designed to be played for seasons on end without a better minor league system (well you can, but that is what is needed above all else).

I will continue to push for this, and have been for years.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:29 PM   #9
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Honestly I think the draft pools are deep enough, but maybe that's just me. I would, however, like to see a 'talent change randomness' option like the desktop version has. It's simple and probably shouldn't be that difficult to implement. There just aren't enough 'diamonds in the rough' in this game. It's extremely rare, at least in my experiences, for a 4th or 5th rounder to become an effective player.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:02 PM   #10
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_15 View Post
Honestly I think the draft pools are deep enough, but maybe that's just me. I would, however, like to see a 'talent change randomness' option like the desktop version has. It's simple and probably shouldn't be that difficult to implement. There just aren't enough 'diamonds in the rough' in this game. It's extremely rare, at least in my experiences, for a 4th or 5th rounder to become an effective player.

I second this
Old 02-07-2016, 01:25 PM   #11
Texasborn
Major Leagues

Seems good to me!!! I think it would make the game more realistic. Not every impact player in the MLB are drafted in the first three rounds. It would be a nice to at least have the option to increase rounds and randomness.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:05 PM   #12
IAmC
Major Leagues

• Ability to save and restore games
  • Ability to change leagues to follow history or not (e.g. expansion, team relocation, divisional realignment) – this might be called “league evolution” in Sam_15’s posting
  • Expanded minor leagues
  • Ability to change game strategy during a game (rather than only before the game starts)
  • Draft recommendations (i.e. let the AI suggest a pick rather than letting it do the pick for you)
  • Better roster filtering
  • Ability to see more details about individual player abilities, tiredness, etc. before substituting a pitcher or pinchhitter/pinchrunner
  • Ability to see more player attributes during a game
  • Sorting and filtering of player lists that remain in place after viewing a player (e.g. if you filter for pitchers only, that filter should remain until you clear it)
  • More draft pool randomness
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:44 PM   #13
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

One thing we should keep in mind is the 'do-ability' of what we're asking for. I'd love to see expanded minor leagues as much as the next guy, but it's worth wondering if devices today could handle such a thing. For older devices, sim speed could slow to a crawl. It might be too much for now.

With that in mind, here are some additional suggestions from me:

- expanded arbitration system (so it's not automatically rewarded)

- spring training, with an option to turn it on/off and set its length

- Not sure how complex it would be to implement, but personality ratings?

- an option to set trade difficulty/preference like the desktop
Old 02-09-2016, 11:47 PM   #14
wodi
All Star Reserve

An upgraded minor league system does not mean it has to be a revolutionary thing with thousands of screens and features.

As I and others in years past have mentioned, something as crude and simple as a minor league system using the green arrow system that is already in the game would be a welcomed upgrade.

Anything to make the minor league system more than an additional list of players is essential. Adding spring training or anything else like that would take the same hardware capability, etc. as a small upgrade for minor leagues.

With that said, opening day is less than 2 months away, unless they're gonna announce they have been working on something for some time now, I can't imagine what additions we are actually going to get.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:35 AM   #15
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
An upgraded minor league system does not mean it has to be a revolutionary thing with thousands of screens and features.

As I and others in years past have mentioned, something as crude and simple as a minor league system using the green arrow system that is already in the game would be a welcomed upgrade.
It would be nice if you could take someone who is in a slump in the majors, send him down to the minors to work out of it, and then see if it's been effective or not. Make "a trip to the minors" meaningful, even if it's not backed by visible stats.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:10 PM   #16
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmC View Post
It would be nice if you could take someone who is in a slump in the majors, send him down to the minors to work out of it, and then see if it's been effective or not. Make "a trip to the minors" meaningful, even if it's not backed by visible stats.

I hope my strong advocating for minor leagues isn't misconstrued.

I don't envision a minor leagues with stats. Clearly the game as is cannot handle any more stats as is. We see that when we see players being replaced by other players after they retire.

I just simply want the minor leagues to do something. Have some sort of impact. Ideally all 3 levels but I just want developing prospects to be part of the game.

It has to be.

This is a game that is built to play multiple seasons and run a team. A baseball game like that has to have some sort of prospect development system.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:10 AM   #17
HelpMeEscape
Bat Boy

Saveable stats

I want to be able to see the historical league standings and season leaderboards for as long as that game has been running - It's all about stats. Has my star pitcher just posted the best season stats since the league began?

I'd be happy with being able to download to the data to a spreadsheet easily and keeping it offline. Or viewing on the tablet.

Please!!
HelpMeEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:06 AM   #18
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

Boy are all you guys gonna be in for a shock when all we get with MLB Manager '16 is updated home screen graphics and a slightly updated roster...
thespungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:37 AM   #19
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespungo View Post
Boy are all you guys gonna be in for a shock when all we get with MLB Manager '16 is updated home screen graphics and a slightly updated roster...

People actually expect big changes?

I've been ranting about the need for a minor league upgrade for years...... Do I actually expect any kind of serious upgrades at all? Of course not.

In the pecking order of importance for the company this game is at the very bottom.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:22 PM   #20
daves
Hall Of Famer

Simply put, I like to run all computer teams to replay old seasons, but customize the league format for playoffs.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote