Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues > Earlier versions of OOTP: Commissioner's Corner
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Commissioner's Corner Want to run an online league? Want to learn about the 'ins' and 'outs' of being a commish? This is the place!

Old 07-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
bmilito
Minors (Double A)

CTD during team imports

Hey all,

I am experiencing CTD issues during team imports. Here is what I am finding:
- Game specs: OOTP 9 with patch 9.2.13. Internet connection is FIOS or T1, depending on if I do the updating at home or work. Windows XP SP 3 with a Intel Core 2 Duo CPU @ 2.00GHz and 2GB RAM. .lg folder is 867MB.

- Sporadically, the game has been CTDing during team imports on the Commish Portal during automation. This has been very sporadic, and has no rhyme or reason to it. The one annoyance is that when it crashes, it deletes the team export off of the server prior to crashing, forcing me to contact the GM to re-upload their file. I have "Delete Team Export File after Import" selected, but I could always change that and delete the exports manually after importing. As I have said, this one is very sporadic, yet annoying.

- When I use the "Check Team Exports" from the Automator Panel, I am finding when I click the "Import" button for a team that does not have a export file located on the server, the game will CTD.

Has anyone experienced this? I have been having no problem with this until a few weeks ago. Nothing in the meantime has changed (file location, server file location, etc).

Thanks!

Brian
bmilito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmilito View Post
Hey all,

I am experiencing CTD issues during team imports. Here is what I am finding:
- Game specs: OOTP 9 with patch 9.2.13. Internet connection is FIOS or T1, depending on if I do the updating at home or work. Windows XP SP 3 with a Intel Core 2 Duo CPU @ 2.00GHz and 2GB RAM. .lg folder is 867MB.

- Sporadically, the game has been CTDing during team imports on the Commish Portal during automation. This has been very sporadic, and has no rhyme or reason to it. The one annoyance is that when it crashes, it deletes the team export off of the server prior to crashing, forcing me to contact the GM to re-upload their file. I have "Delete Team Export File after Import" selected, but I could always change that and delete the exports manually after importing. As I have said, this one is very sporadic, yet annoying.

- When I use the "Check Team Exports" from the Automator Panel, I am finding when I click the "Import" button for a team that does not have a export file located on the server, the game will CTD.

Has anyone experienced this? I have been having no problem with this until a few weeks ago. Nothing in the meantime has changed (file location, server file location, etc).

Thanks!

Brian
Yes, I have experienced the same issue. It is as you say only when you hit import for a team that has no export there.

Unfortunately I have no great solution for you other than the following:

1) Use an export tracker such as getech's utility or statslab to know which teams have no export for this sim.

2) Tell the game to rename the file on import and not delete. Or tell it to not rename or delete it and just leave it as is perhaps. That way if in future sims a team does not export, the game will simply error that the export was the wrong date, but that does not crash ootp9 from what I can tell.

3) Import all teams at once instead of individually, that does not seem to crash it either.