Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 03-25-2020, 01:00 PM   #1
bestbrother
Major Leagues

Arena Baseball League

*Foreword* I gave this a go last year on OOTP 20 but fell short of my own expectations and hopes for the league. It fizzled out as I constantly tweaked everything trying to reach a target that I hadnt really nailed down... and in that you can see why I failed. Now I am back with OOTP 21, a bunch of optimism and ideas that I believe I have run through the mill to get to where I am today.

I am sure I will get alot wrong, nothing can be perfect, but I am enjoying the outcomes and I am at the stage where I want to produce a report on the life of Arena Baseball. I hope you enjoy the ride and I can do this forum justice with my reports.

Thanks to txranger for the fantastic league logo, adds a nice flavour to it all.

Last edited by bestbrother; 03-25-2020 at 04:00 PM.
bestbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:33 PM   #2
bestbrother
Major Leagues

What is Arena Baseball?

Arena Baseball is a different concept based upon the beloved game of ours. Teams will play indoors, on a diamond and lineup as they would if they represented the Yankees or Dodgers on a hazy spring afternoon. Yet Arena Baseball has a few nuances that may and will change how things play out, he biggest being;

Teams will play in domes on the exact same dimension and surface. Fields will be laid with artificial turf and size as follows: 180ft down both lines, 200ft to all outfield walls. The key word there is 'walls', all outfields in our domes are floor to ceiling and as such, home runs exist in the form of 'Inside the Park' homeruns.

The essence here will be speed both in base running and in fielding. Tactically pitchers can give up big hits and know they can hold runners at bases if the players behind him perform. Arena Baseball is designed to reward quick thinking, quick play and hopefully fast scoring baseball.
How will the Arena Baseball League run?

The opening season(s) of the ABL will decide on the future of the sport. Financially the league will put limitations in place for its franchises, 15-man rosters will enforce 2-way players to be prevalent on gameday.

In order not to clash with the primary baseball league in North America, ABL seasons will begin in November and conclude in January, making the most of its indoor conditions to allow baseball to become a year round sport.

All other baseball rules remain in place, the league will use a DH rule, pitchers will face a minimum of 4 batters and although finances will be tight, there is no salary cap enforced at this stage.

Last edited by bestbrother; 03-25-2020 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:33 PM   #3
bestbrother
Major Leagues

Breaking down Finances:

The league has initially negotiated an online presence with ESPN and all of their games will be available via the ESPN App. In addition teams will have the option to show one game per weekend on a local station.

Revenue sharing is not part of league policy and all teams will retain 100% home gate share. As mentioned there is no salary cap in place, but the league minimum for players will be set to $22,500.

As it stands the league projects its teams to make a profit based on an average payroll and attendance figure. Teams have the right to set their own ticket prices and as expected seating capacity will differ per market and as such will reflect a teams profitability.

League Structure:

The inaugural season of the ABL will be played by 6 franchises. They will compete in the same division (named the Stars Division) and will face each other 12 times in a balanced format for a total 60 game regular season.

At the end of the season the top 4 teams based on Win% will advance to the Arena League Series, seeded 1v4 and 2v3. These games will be hosted by the higher seed and will be a one game shootout.

The winners advance to the Arena World Series and once again the higher seed will host a one off game to decide the Champion.

Last edited by bestbrother; 03-25-2020 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:25 PM   #4
bestbrother
Major Leagues

Teams:

Buffalo Blast

The Blast are based at the aptly named 4000-seat Blast Arena. Buffalo is ideally situated for a baseball franchise, but the Blast may find it tough competing with the Bills for fans as the ABL coincides with the NFL season.

Chicago Crush

Lets be honest, baseball and Chicago go hand in hand and the Crush are looking to make the most of that, even aligning their uniforms along the colours of the cities famous Cubs team. The Crush will have the leagues largest arena as the Chicago Center will hold upto 8000 crazed Crush fans.

Hartford Dark Blues

Baseball historians will recognise the name as Hartford once hosted a Major League franchise in the name of the Dark Blues. That was well over a century ago and the renovation of the name hopefully brings good omens to the team. The modest sized 3500-seat Hartford Dome will be their home.

Iowa Hogmen

Iowa were the last franchise accepted into the league and as such they come into things a little less prepared than the rest. The Hog Pit will be their home but with only 2000 seats currently available it may hold them back financially. Iowa is not new to indoor sports as their Barnstormers held their own in the AFL for many years.

Ottawa Black Caps

The anamoly of it all, Ottawa are the leagues sole Canadian franchise and for a while it appeared to be a no-go. Ottawa more known for its hockey fanbase do host a team from the Can-Am league, but indoor sports may suit the climate a bit more. The Black Caps can rely on finance from Air Canada, who have sponsored their 5000-seat dome for the next 5 years.

Richmond Liberty

The up and coming area of Richmond will host the Liberty this year and after years of having minor league setups, they will surely back their own team with fierce support in the coming years. The 'Home of Liberty' arena will seat 3500 fervant home supporters.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:33 PM   #5
bestbrother
Major Leagues

Season Preview:

It is almost impossible to preview the season and almost everything was based on guesswork.

ESPN would do their best, predicting the Hartford Dark Blues would romp to the division title, as 3 teams are likely to wind up with winning records. Chicago would squeeze into the playoffs whilst there is little to look forward to if you follow either Iowa or Ottawa.

With regards to players, well Hartford (im sure ESPN must have a connection there) are projecting to dominate all categories, Chris Allen and Dave Struble will be the production kings, whilst Jared Hewitt and Dirk Hostetler are set to lead the way in pitching.

All in, there is little anyone can do to prove these predictions right or wrong. 6 teams will start off on the same footing, 60 games stand between them and a chance at winning it all. Indoor Baseball has arrived, what sort of make can it leave on the Baseball world....

Last edited by bestbrother; 03-27-2020 at 06:31 AM.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:49 PM   #6
bestbrother
Major Leagues

The Season that was 2020/21:

Beginnings

How to describe the opening weeks of the ABL... Crazy? Surreal? Amateur? Probably all of them and more as teams, players and fans found their way around the league and the new take on Baseball.

Opening night was fairly tepid, as sellouts at Iowa, Ottawa and Chicago would be a positive indicator as to how fans would embrace the new format. On the field the action was a little underwhelming, big scores looked a way off as hitters struggled to adjust to the new dimensions, whilst the frantic action in the field bought as many laughs to both players and fans.

It would take a while for things to get going, heading into week 2 of action, the hits began to roll and the scores raced in. Richmond sparked things off winning 16-6 at Hartford, before Buffalo and Ottawa then usurped that effort with 18 and then 19 respectively.

Even though the scores totted up, shutouts still littered the league and the wild swing from high scoring, to low scoring battles would constantly keep things on edge and offer up a variety in matchups that many may not have expected from the indoor version of baseball.

As November came to a close and the leagues trade deadline approached (1st December), Richmond held a healthy lead at 18-6. The rest had won between 10-14 games each, whilst big time Chicago sat adrift with just 8 wins and with just 2071 fans turning up for their latest loss, rumours were that the Crush may well be a one and done franchise in the ABL.

Christmas and the Run In

Not may leagues play on Christmas Day, but the ABL gambled and were rewarded with a hit parade, none more so than the Liberty whose 24 hits rang around the league as they dismantled Ottawa 15-4 to collect their 31st win of the year.

10,000 fans made the most of the festive action as the league looked to have settled its playoff places, with Chicago and Ottawa at least 6GB with 13 to play. The race was to decide seedings, Richmond had the upperhand and then slumped. Their New Years Day shutout loss to Chicago compounded a miserable 2-8 run, with both Buffalo and Iowa closing in on the top spot.

It all drilled down to the final series of the year. Richmond had a 1 game lead over Buffalo and 2 over Iowa. Their final series would home to the Blast, whilst Iowa travelled to Hartford. It proved an anti-climax, Iowa split their opening games in Hartford to fall away, whilst the Liberty put Buffalo to bed and secured the #1 seed for the upcoming 'One Game Shootout' series with Hartford.

Miscellaneous

Unsurprisingly there were no home runs, as the confined outfield halted runners making that gamble. However with speed a key and the wall offering up various ricochets, doubles (605) and triples (191) came around at a pleasant rate.

Hartford top scored (as predicted by ESPN) as they rolled in 4th in the standings. Their 445 runs was more than double that of Chicago, who with 165 proved to be an anomaly in a league that saw its average runs per game top 6+

There were over 500 fielding errors over the year, strangely enough the leaders Richmond topped that pile with 93, whilst the league still awaits its first Triple Play!

Buffalo headlined the league with a stunning 106,000 fans coming through their gate. Iowa with the smallest arena would almost pull in 100% capacity across the year, whilst Chicago played out to an almost half empty dome most nights, as just 74,000 showed their support across 30 games.

Last edited by bestbrother; 03-27-2020 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:21 PM   #7
bestbrother
Major Leagues

Statistics

Teams are nothing without their players and this is where things get interesting, bare in mind players are pitching and hitting almost full time...

ESPN would get their prediction of Chris Allen and Dave Struble almost spot on, as the former led the league with a .416AVG and latter with 59RBI. That combination wasnt enough to help the Dark Blues dominate, a fact not lost out on by Chicago who had 2 of the top pitchers in the league in Geraldinho and Vasquez, yet without run support saw their team fall way short.

Geraldinho would infact lead the league in Ks with 119, 5 shutouts and 10 complete games as the Cuban will hope that not only the Crush front office can put together a competitive team, but also remain a ABL franchise with the lack of interest in the City.

Last edited by bestbrother; 03-27-2020 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:29 PM   #8
bestbrother
Major Leagues

One Game Shootout:

Hartford Dark Blues @ Richmond Liberty

Top seeded Richmond edged past Hartford thanks to a stellar 7 innings work from Austin Parkinson, as his 6H 2ER 3K start, put the Liberty in a strong position to take the win. A fervant home support chased every Liberty runner around the diamond and with Pitcher Fernando Rodriguez playing at 1B, it was his 3RBI day that did the damage to ensure the Liberty would advance and host the first ever Arena World Series.

Iowa Hogmen @ Buffalo Blast

Iowa rolled into Buffalo and rolled out with a dramatic 9th inning win, as 3 runs in the bottom of the inning would push the Hogmen 12-10 up and hand the keys to victory to Closer Josh Davis. Davis would oblige with 2Ks and a clean 3 outs to deny the Blast as Buffalo would rue not making the most of a 6 run 5th inning to see off their Iowa guests.

Last edited by bestbrother; 03-27-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:40 PM   #9
bestbrother
Major Leagues

Arena Baseball World Series

Iowa Hogmen @ Richmond Liberty

The hottest ticket in town was soon the rarest as the Liberty sold out their 3500 arena within hours as the looked forward to hosting the first ever Arena World Series.

Iowa arrived on the back of a late win at Buffalo and they would continue that production, chasing the Liberty for 3 early runs and setting down a mark. Yet the Liberty are made of stronger stuff and on the back of OGS 'MVP' Rodriguez pitching for 6IP and 8Ks, Richmond finally got their offense into gear and would rally with 16 hits and 8 runs to seal the deal.

The Liberty shut down any chance of an Iowa comeback, restricting them to just 2 hits in the final 3 frames and sending their fans wild as Ken Quanderer forced a final out pop up to put Richmond on top of the world!

Last edited by bestbrother; 03-27-2020 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:39 PM   #10
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

So pumped for this. I did an Arena baseball story a bunch of years ago, but I feel like OOTP is way better suited for it now than when I used to do it. Will be following along! Also your results are way more like actual baseball than I anticipated, so even more interesting.

Last edited by darkcloud4579; 03-25-2020 at 07:41 PM.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:59 PM   #11
bestbrother
Major Leagues

The Off-Season

One season in the books and another to look forward to. This will be the first real test of how teams manage themselves, players will begin to know their value and owners will see the potential in having a winning team.

The is likely to be alot of movement as many players took 1 year deals as the league debuted, but now, with money in the pockets of the owners, a commitment to building a winner may well be on the cards.

Awards

Arena MVP - Willie Gonzalez (Iowa Hogmen)

24 y/o Dominican Willie Gonzalez would lead the Hogmen to the Arena World Series, as he littered the statistic charts with 54RBI and a .412 AVG. His output included a .412 / .434 / .529 slashline with a 3.2 WAR as he shared time for Iowa at 3B and SS.

Arena League Best Pitcher - Tomas Geraldino (Chicago Crush)

Geraldino belies the state of the Crush to win the leagues best pitcher award on the back of a league high 119Ks and 5 shutout efforts. Chicago were a shambles putting up the worst offensive numbers in the league, whilst barely drawing 25% in attendance throughout the season. If the worst comes to the worst for Chicago, Geraldino is unlikely to be short of suitors down the line.

Arena Skipper of the Year - Brad Gamez (Richmond Liberty)

No surprises here as Gamez led the Liberty to the best regular season record and obviously the Arena World Series crown, as they beat Iowa 8-3. Gamez made the most of the ABL debut season and will hope he can carry this forward with Richmond in the remainder of his 2 year contract.

Draft

Its the leagues first draft, 2 rounds of those players interested and a chance for fresh blood to enter the Arena 'Arena.....

Trades / FA Agency

The biggest news came out early as Juan Acevado would leave the Buffalo Blast and test his value on the free agent market. His coveted signature was highlighted thanks to his 112Ks in 2020, giving him 10 wins from 20 starts in Buffalo. Yet the there was still shock in the ABL when Iowa announced his signing on a 6 year deal that pays Acevedo a league high $108,000 per annum, becoming the first 6 figure salaried player in the ABL.

Overall Chicago defied those who were ready to write off their future in the league by adding 6.0WAR in value across 4 players. This dwarfs all the transactions across the league as although Iowa made the biggest splash with Acevado, the Crush came out on top in a trade with Iowa by adding (P) Dodrill and (C) Jaworowicz, giving up 34 year old Ibanez who hit just .219 across 40+ appearances in 2020.

Last edited by bestbrother; 03-27-2020 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:50 AM   #12
bestbrother
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud4579 View Post
So pumped for this. I did an Arena baseball story a bunch of years ago, but I feel like OOTP is way better suited for it now than when I used to do it. Will be following along! Also your results are way more like actual baseball than I anticipated, so even more interesting.
Thanks for following, yeah it has been and is fun putting this together.

Scoring started out crazy, with Richmond in particular taking a pasting.. it has evened out a fair bit so its something ill keep an eye on. Its finding that balance to it all.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:17 AM   #13
bestbrother
Major Leagues

The Season that was 2021/22:

Back for More!

Season 1 of the ABL was a success (for the majority, im looking at you Chicago). Attendances generally held up well, ESPN reported solid viewings on their app, whilst on the field teams adjusted and players began to put together an exciting product that differs itself from regular Baseball.

The expectation was for Richmond and in particular Iowa to carry on with their success from last time out. Iowa in particular gambled a big portion of their budget to do so, yet come December all that transpired into just 5 wins and all but the end of their hopes of returning to the World Series. Richmond? Well they are faring a smidge better but sat 5th at 11-13, as Ottawa were flying at this point with 18 wins.

Chicago again struggled for runs in what continues to confuse and befuddle everyone, especially with the league on target to beat its total for last season. Yet the Crush rode their pitching to a 14-10 record as the crucial December run lay ahead.

Playoff Chasing..

36 games left, as the month began it looked like a new name would adorn the ABL Trophy, yet things change quick in sport and none more so than in frantic arenas.

Iowa edged themselves back toward contention with a 14-7 run taking them up to Boxing Day, Richmond left the festive period in 2nd place at 27-21 and although Ottawa continued to race away at the top, everything else was up for grabs.

The turn of the year would confirm Ottawa, Richmond and the revitalised Chicago as playoff teams, whilst Iowa and Hartford trailed Buffalo by 3 games in their vain hope of picking up the scraps in 4th.

In the end, Iowa wound up on an 8 game losing skid to prop up the standings. Hartford rallied and then tallied off, whilst Buffalo secured a 2nd appearance in the post-season thanks to a 4 game winning run to end the regular season, to make it in on a losing record.

Miscellaneous

Scoring was up and it was led by Iowa as the leagues worst would score the most with 439 runs. Chicago again struggled but improved to 276 runs as the league overall averaged near on 7 per game.

Homeruns! The league saw 2 this year as Buffalo's George Hinrichs would race around the bases for the leagues first, before Ottawa's Arturo Rios followed that up with one of his own.

Errors were up, walks also increased by 10% as the league continues to find its feet. Playing balls off the giant outfield walls continues to confuse and excite, the outcomes producing many a highlight and blooper reel.

No more Chicago? Well thats what they said, yet the team saw success on the field and off it as the hometown fans finally got behind their Crush and would help the club ring up over 107,000 fans. Richmond broke all records with 116,000 as the Liberty are proving a huge draw in the sport.

Overall the league drew over 600,000 fans, a 15% rise from last year and a massive bonus to the fledgling sport.

Last edited by bestbrother; 03-27-2020 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:44 AM   #14
bestbrother
Major Leagues

Statistics

As mentioned the league saw a pair of 'home runs' this year as all round offensive production increased. Ryan Gill of Ottawa would push the bar higher as he hit for .462 as the league moved towards its first .500 hitter.

The RBI race was won by Ibanez (54) of Iowa, he signed for the Hogs' in the off-season after a 'so-so' campaign with Buffalo the year before. Yet for all his efforts and those of Valdez (acquired in the Chicago trade), Iowa were well short of returning to the post-season.

Liberty hurler,Fernando Rodriguez did his chances of being named the leagues top pitcher no harm, following on from his heroics in the playoffs last season, he would strike out 107 batters this term, with an impressive 2.83ERA to boot.

Interestingly Chicago would change Cuban Geraldino to their Closer after his heater proved a bit too much for the opposition. Geraldino took to his role immediately and would end the year on a league best 9 straight saves* which he will carry into 2022.

Other notable streaks saw Buffalo's Danny Solano hit for 36 straight appearances, whilst 16 year old Brazilian Elimilton Torroais sits on a 7 game losing streak for the Crush, as he continues to try and find his feet in the league.

Last edited by bestbrother; 03-27-2020 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:54 AM   #15
bestbrother
Major Leagues

One Game Shootout:

Buffalo Blast @ Ottawa Black Caps

A one-sided drilling for the Blast, as they failed to ride their regular season run into the playoffs, losing in a blowout to the Black Caps.

Ottawa were rarely troubled, with Scott Brodsky pitching a complete game with 5Ks. Buffalo on the other hand saw their starter Antonio Acosta chased from the game after 1.2IP giving up 10H and 5ER as the Blast failed to make a game of it.

Chicago Crush @ Richmond Liberty

Chicago came back from almost extinction after a miserable debut in the ABL, to winning their One Game Shootout at reigning World Series Champs' the Liberty.

Richmond held a slender lead heading into the 8th inning, before the Crush made the most of wayward pitching off reliever Danny Vargas. Topham would drive home 3, before another 2 would be added in the 9th to put the Crush 6-2 up.

Geraldino continued his dominance as a Closer, pitching 2 shutout innings to send the Crush to the World Series, against all probable odds.

Last edited by bestbrother; 03-27-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:23 AM   #16
bestbrother
Major Leagues

Arena Baseball World Series

Chicago Crush @ Ottawa Black Caps

It was the expected outcome and no one could argue that when Melcher got the last out, there was no more deserved Champion than the Canadians of Ottawa.

They raced out to an early lead and even saw Pitcher come DH Scott Brodsky bring home a pair thanks to a scrambling 2-out triple. It was one of a host of key plays that would see Ottawa lead 9-2 at one point, leaving Chicago on a hope and a prayer.

A brief rally saw the Crush cut the lead but they would rue 6 errors and the decision to start Ernesto Mendoza, who sloped to a 4.14ERA during the regular season.

As for the game MVP? It would be 30 year old Jim Olsen, filling in for injuries who shone the brightest. He mustered just 6 appearances in the regular season, striking out 3 times and hitting just .231. Yet in the big game, he went 4/5 with an RBI to open things up, double delight for the soon to be free agent.

Last edited by bestbrother; 03-27-2020 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:30 AM   #17
bestbrother
Major Leagues

The Off-Season

It was a quiet affair last time round and many expect the same this time as key players remain under team control. Ottawa will hope to start a dynasty as they went from worst to first, whilst Chicago have all the makings of a success thanks to the dramatic turnaround of last season.

Hirings/Firings

Reward success, punish failure and its the latter which has seen Iowa make a change at the top. GM Evan Nettles oversaw a run to the World Series in 20/21, then make a huge splash in the off-season with the big signing of Acevedo, yet Iowa fell well short of expectations propping up the table and ending on an 8 game skid.

Awards

Arena MVP - Philip Brown (Richmond Liberty)

A close race this year saw Brown beat out Gill of Ottawa by a solitary vote. Brown improved immeasurably on his debut season, clubbing in 51 runs and hitting for .433 as he helped Richmond return to the playoffs.

Arena League Best Pitcher - Gabe Vasquez (Chicago Crush)

Chicago is turning into a pitching factory, churning out the top talent in the league this year and last. This time its the turn of Vasquez as his 8-1 record with a 2.26ERA was enough to impress the voters, beating out the favourite Fernando Rodriguez 5 votes to 1.

Arena Skipper of the Year - Gary Bush (Ottawa Black Caps)

From 18-42, to 36-24 and the World Series. Canadian Bush certainly proved his doubters wrong by turning around the fortunes of Ottawa in such a short space of time. He is known as a disciplinarian and may ruffle feathers, but now with a Championship under his wing, who can question his methods?

Draft

This years draft saw Iowa take Catcher Oscar Quezada first, as the league saw 4 of the opening 6 picks be Catchers.

Last year saw Eric Melcher of Ottawa make the grade instantly in the league, with 8 wins from his 9 starts, as he came out of the 2nd round.

Trades / FA Agency

If you are on top, then do all you can to remain there. Thats the motto coming out of Ottawa as they committed to contracts for Roger Camargo, an inning eating pitcher who threw 200IP at Iowa in the opening years of the ABL.

They also committed to Catcher Josh Hutchinson, another player who left Iowa and comes off a solid .406 year in which he drove in 40 runs for the Hogmen.

Richmond would dish out the biggest deal in the league this off-season, signing SS Francisco Morin, he impressed for Chicago but if he is value for the $400,000+ deal given to him is yet to be seen.

Last edited by bestbrother; 03-27-2020 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:19 AM   #18
bestbrother
Major Leagues

Im going to have to apologise here, if I had a memory wipe pen, id have to use it on all of those that have read this thread

Somehow, someway, I changed something in a setting and it has basically thrown everything out. The league has gone off the rails, lets just say that

So I have had to roll back to the beginning and as I want this to play out, im re-doing the opening 2 seasons and editing all above posts.

Sorry for any confusion, ill leave this post in here and from here on carry out the seasons as they go. But the opening posts will all be edited with the new season data for 2020/21 and 2021/22.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:35 PM   #19
bestbrother
Major Leagues

OK, so the first 2 seasons have been re-simulated. The reports have been updated, apologies for this, I have ensured adequate backups of this league are now in place and im not going to touch anything in the settings ever again!
Old 03-27-2020, 05:41 PM   #20
bestbrother
Major Leagues

The Season that was 2022/23:

Round 3!

A fairly eventful off-season led us into the 3rd year of the ABL. Ottawa came in with a hefty spend as they looked to repeat, whilst Richmond will hope to get back on top and Iowa move on with a new front office in tow.

This year more than ever saw the closest run start to the campaign with just 6 games separating the teams through the opening month of November.

Hartford and Buffalo led the way, Chicago again proved competitive whilst Ottawa and Richmond tailed off as the former Champions were lacklustre and needing an impressive December to turn their fortunes around.

More excitingly would be the numbers coming out of Chicago. After back to back years where they could barely bring home a run, their 148 through 25 games may still be the lowest, but they are within 40 of the top scoring Richmond.

One Last Push

December often sparks revivals and collapses, Hartford would maintain their lead at the top, even extending it to 4 games as Chicago put up a forlorn chase. The collapse? This year it looked as if Buffalo, with 12 to play, had thrown it all away/ They are now a game off the top 4, with Richmond and Ottawa performing as expected to get back into the mix.

Alas things would change in those final weeks, the Liberty were unable to maintain their push and they would miss out alongside Iowa, who again despite having a competitive roster on paper, just couldnt get things going on gameday.

Hartford eased to a 39-21 record and clinched the division, whilst the rest of the playoff places were taken up by .500 teams.... Chicago, Ottawa and Buffalo all evened out their seasons and booked a spot in post-season play.

Miscellaneous

2500 runs? Yes please. Offense continues to improve, Hartford drove in 472 runs this year, whilst Chicago at 372 produced alot more than they have in ABL history.

4 teams broke the 100,000+ barrier this year on overall attendance. All 4 playoff teams hit that mark, whilst Richmond fell short (although we know they can draw well of past years). Rumours circulate that Iowa are preparing to upgrade their dome after consistently hitting 95-98% capacity.

Mark Baxter (Richmond) would go crazy at the plate, breaking all records before him as he put together a 60 game hitting streak that would end vs Hartford at the end of December. Last years MVP Gabe Vasquez also hold ongoing streaks with 13 straight wins and 18 starts undefeated as he continues to underpin the Crush rotation.