Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 24 > OOTP 24 - General Discussions

OOTP 24 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 2023 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB, the MLBPA and the KBO.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:47 PM   #121
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

Episode 68 is live!

This week, Rich is joined by Community and Content Developer Kris Jardine to discuss the days leading up to the release of Out of the Park Baseball 21 and the first few days of Perfect Team.

You can listen here: http://ootpnow.libsyn.com/ootp-21-launch-week
Old 03-31-2020, 04:57 PM   #122
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

Episode 69 is live!

This week! Kenny Jackelen from Baseball-Reference.com joins us to talk about his career with the extraordinary website, the approaches taken to optimize the tremendous amount of information, and much more in a fascinating conversation.

Baseball-Reference.com is simulating the originally scheduled 2020 season day-by-day with Out of the Park Baseball 21 right here.

You can listen to the episode right here: http://ootpnow.libsyn.com/kenny-jack...l-referencecom

Be safe everyone!
Old 04-14-2020, 03:09 PM   #123
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

Episode 70 is live!

t's a three-segment week! First we check in on the OOTP 21 simulations at baseball-reference.com with our friend Kenny Jackelen. Next, we chat with Paul Sporer from Fangraphs on potential ideas floating around to resume MLB play in 2020. Finally, we catch up with our own Kris Jardine on all the incredible early-season action in Perfect Team! A great show for all of us who are looking for baseball in any form.

Baseball-Reference.com is simulating the originally scheduled 2020 season day-by-day with Out of the Park Baseball 21 right here.

You can listen to the show here: http://ootpnow.libsyn.com/simulations-and-speculation
Old 04-16-2020, 12:37 AM   #124
alphington
Minors (Single A)

Really good show on Baseball Science thanks - I have found Alex's science shows (episodes 2 and 3) on Twitch but episode 1 is missing - do you know if it will be available at all as I would be interested in the catcher ability discussion in more detail?

EDIT - it's ok, in episode 3 Alex mentions that he might re-do the catcher experiment (episode 1) due to difficulties it had first time around.

Last edited by alphington; 04-16-2020 at 03:40 AM.
alphington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:35 AM   #125
too_on_too_out
Minors (Triple A)

Is there a show that interviews Markus, specifically about his development and programming/software design background? And the hurdles faced in creating OOTP? I haven't checked yet but, if not, that would be something I'd like to hear.
too_on_too_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 03:12 AM   #126
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by too_on_too_out View Post
Is there a show that interviews Markus, specifically about his development and programming/software design background? And the hurdles faced in creating OOTP? I haven't checked yet but, if not, that would be something I'd like to hear.
There was one, where Rich interviewed Marcus about that; even went a bit into his experience in university or graduate school from what I recall.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 03:16 AM   #127
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
There was one, where Rich interviewed Marcus about that; even went a bit into his experience in university or graduate school from what I recall.
This show might be from the OOTP 20 time-frame.

Last edited by Calvert98; 04-18-2020 at 03:19 AM.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 01:13 PM   #128
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

Quote:

I'm listening to Effectively Wild: A FanGraphs Baseball Podcast on @TuneIn. #NowPlaying http://tun.in/tjQiQa
This new one kind of does...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2020, 06:47 PM   #129
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

Episode 71 is live!

This week is another tripleheader! We check in with our friend Kenny Jackelen from baseball-reference.com to see how the OOTP 21-powered simulations are going so far. Next we dive into Alex Murray's new Science Saturday series, which has gotten very popular very quickly! Lastly, Kris Jardine catches us up on the heart-pounding finish of the new OOTP 21 eSports craze the Weekly Showdown as well as a quick preview of the historic Perfect Team content coming later this week. What a show!

You can listen here: http://ootpnow.libsyn.com/baseball-science
Old 04-28-2020, 06:48 PM   #130
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

Episode 72 is live!

This week we catch up with our CEO Markus Heinsohn to talk all about the amazing MLB Dream Bracket! Markus talks about how the program came to be and how he put it all together. Plus! Kenny Jackelen from baseball-reference.com joins us for his weekly update on their 2020 simulation of the season using Out of the Park Baseball 21. Finally, Kris Jardine joins us to chat about our eSports programs and the terrific 100th Anniversary Negro League Collection. A fantastic show!

You can listen here: http://ootpnow.libsyn.com/mlb-dream-bracket-with-markus
Old 04-28-2020, 06:51 PM   #131
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

Quote:
I believe this is the one: http://ootpnow.libsyn.com/one-on-one...arkus-heinsohn
Old 05-05-2020, 06:48 PM   #132
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

Episode 73 is live!

It's another tripleheader this week! We welcome Paul Sporer (@sporer) from Fangraphs to chat about potential baseball scenarios. Then Kenny Jackelen (@kennyjackelen) joins us to get us caught up on the up-to-the-day 2020 MLB simulations running on baseball-reference.com (plus their new product Stathead). Finally, OOTP Community and Content Developer Kris Jardine (@snagglej) checks in as always with all the great updates on the wide world of Perfect Team.

You can listen right here: http://ootpnow.libsyn.com/paul-spore...d-kris-jardine
Old 05-06-2020, 11:52 AM   #133
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

Episode 74 is live!

This week we catch up with Jamie Clark, the commissioner of The Athletic Alternate Universe (statsplus.net/taau) and longtime OOTP online leagues fan and commissioner. He talks about the incredibly fun time he is having running the league for the 30 Athletic beat writers, as well as his history with the franchise and - most importantly - why the OOTP online leagues have such enduring charm. It's a great story.

Then! Kenny Jackelen (@kennyjackelen) joins us to get us caught up on the up-to-the-day 2020 MLB simulations running on baseball-reference.com (and their new product Stathead). Lastly, OOTP Community and Content Developer Kris Jardine (@snagglej) checks in as always with all the great updates on the wide world of Perfect Team.

You can listen here: http://ootpnow.libsyn.com/the-amazin...online-leagues
Old 05-08-2020, 02:07 PM   #134
too_on_too_out
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Grisham View Post
That link is broken fyi
too_on_too_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:58 PM   #135
smythejd
All Star Reserve

During this pandemic, I have way too much time on my hands. Long daily walks fill some of the time but I was getting tired of the same old podcasts. I finally thought to see if I can access the OOTP podcast of my iPhone and, BINGO, tons of great content for my walks. Thank you for doing these.

I should say that I am a long time, very satisfied customer of OOTP.

Actually, 45 years ago when I played my homemade baseball game with dice and baseball cards, this is the game I dreamed someday someone would create.

Thank you to Marcus and his team for making that dream into a reality and for the countless hours I have spent playing this game.
smythejd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 04:08 PM   #136
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

Quote:
That link is broken fyi
Not sure why but I will get that fixed!
Old 05-12-2020, 06:17 PM   #137
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Grisham View Post
Not sure why but I will get that fixed!
Here is the correct link: http://ootpnow.libsyn.com/one-on-one...arkus-heinsohn
Old 05-12-2020, 06:18 PM   #138
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

Episode 75 is live!

This week! We welcome Matt Arnold, senior developer of OOTP, to walk through a fun 'scientific' analysis of the MLB Dream Bracket. How similar - or different - are the results? Did the 'true' MLB Dream Bracket get it 'right'?

Then! Kenny Jackelen (@kennyjackelen) joins us to get us caught up on the up-to-the-day 2020 MLB simulations running on baseball-reference.com (and their new product Stathead). Lastly, OOTP Community and Content Developer Kris Jardine (@snagglej) checks in as always with all the great updates on the wide world of Perfect Team.

You can listen here: http://ootpnow.libsyn.com/the-scientific-dream-bracket
Old 05-17-2020, 07:41 PM   #139
MajorSupreme
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This has been a pretty solid pdocast to tune in to, great work and I would definitely love to hear more.

Any chances of talking with Jim Gindin and talking about OOTP working with FOF? An update on progress? There's been little exposure on it and it seems like Jim has been kinda left hanging on the project. Pro football is massive and adding a sim with the quality OOTP can provide would be fantastic.
MajorSupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 08:07 PM   #140
Scipio Africanus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme View Post

Any chances of talking with Jim Gindin and talking about OOTP working with FOF? An update on progress? There's been little exposure on it and it seems like Jim has been kinda left hanging on the project..

I second this. I hate to say it but my respect and enthusiasm for OOTP Developments has diminished more than a little because of the way this football project has been going. I didn't buy OOTP 21 this year and probably won't unless there's some forward progress on the football game.

Last edited by Scipio Africanus; 05-17-2020 at 08:13 PM.
Scipio Africanus is offline   Reply With Quote