Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 07-22-2018, 05:05 PM   #1
MikeO511
Bat Boy

Newbie To Game

I just recently downloaded the game. I am totally new to this sim and have a few problems i can't seem to figure out. I was wondering if someone can explain how i can initiate trades and make draft picks.

I have tried multiple times and I'm only able to sign free agents, bring up or demote players, scout and make adjustments to my line up.

I am unable to select my draft pick or make trades. Even with the limited abilities I have thoroughly enjoyed this game. Please if someone could just show me what I'm doing wrong i would greatly appreciate it.
MikeO511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 06:58 PM   #2
ZootMurph
Minors (Double A)

You make draft picks when the draft starts (last week of June).

You can make trade offers through the Trade Offer link... under Team + League Controls, Team (info).

One thing to make sure is under Manager -> Manager Options -> Team Control Settings that you have your manager set up to Draft Players and Initiate and React to trades... not the assistant.
ZootMurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 01:24 PM   #3
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeO511 View Post
I just recently downloaded the game. I am totally new to this sim and have a few problems i can't seem to figure out. I was wondering if someone can explain how i can initiate trades and make draft picks.

I have tried multiple times and I'm only able to sign free agents, bring up or demote players, scout and make adjustments to my line up.

I am unable to select my draft pick or make trades. Even with the limited abilities I have thoroughly enjoyed this game. Please if someone could just show me what I'm doing wrong i would greatly appreciate it.
Just to add to ZootMurph:

You at any time (unless it's during a trade freeze period - for instance after the Trade Deadline in the NHL) can make a trade offer by click on Trade Offer. All you need to do is make the offer, then on the drop down box click "Submit Offer" The team will get back to you in a few days unless it's a point where an answer is needed immediately (ie: Right at the trade deadline or at the draft).

As for selecting Draft Picks - on the day of the draft in the bottom right hand corner on the main page is the "TASKS" section. It should say something (and I can't quite remember off the top of my head) like "Click here to start the Draft." That brings you to the draft page and you can either go one by one, skip to your selection, etc.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote