Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 01-30-2016, 07:06 PM   #1
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Oh No! Title Bout Crashed!

Every once in a while Title Bout crashes on me. It's happened with every single version at one time or another. Makes me realize how much of my spare time is spent messing with the game. Probably too much. After hours in my den even our dogs have to sniff me out before they recognize it's me. The Great Provider.

Guess I'll have to contact Paul and see if he can perform a miracle.

In the meantime, I went to see The Revenant with Leo DiCaprio (sic). Pretty good movie. The kind my dad would've liked. It reminded me in part of "Man in the Wilderness" with Richard Harris and John Huston. I think both films were based on the same story.

Maybe I'll get back to that Colin Forbes novel I was reading....

Cap
Old 01-30-2016, 11:16 PM   #2
pilight
All Star Starter

I get 2.5 crashes occasionally, but it always restarts fine.

TB2013, OTOH has lost the ability to edit data, start new universes, or import 2.5 universes. It's gone from annoying and buggy to completely useless.
pilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:41 AM   #3
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I remember some nerdy friend of mine saying that all software degrades over time. Don't know if that is true or not. My TB2013 was working fine the other day. I altered a few fighters' ratings and created a couple of new referees. Next day I got as far as clicking the FIGHTERS locker and got the dreaded TBCB.exe is Not Working notice. Can't get past that now.

Cap
Old 01-31-2016, 05:12 PM   #4
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
I remember some nerdy friend of mine saying that all software degrades over time. Don't know if that is true or not. My TB2013 was working fine the other day. I altered a few fighters' ratings and created a couple of new referees. Next day I got as far as clicking the FIGHTERS locker and got the dreaded TBCB.exe is Not Working notice. Can't get past that now.

Cap

Really sorry to learn about this...I'm certain there's a solution. Seems that TB2013 still has some gremlins hiding in the bushes. Contrary to what others have posted, I've personally never had any problems with TB 2.5 crashing.

Concerning your "nerdy friend", I know that some data discs (particularly the old "floppies") can degrade over time, but I've never heard that about software already loaded onto a drive. Yet, what do I know...your friend could be correct.

Regardless, TB2013 is only a tad over two years old and should have a hell of a lot more years ahead of it if loaded programs do degrade over time.

One thought (most likely useless on my part)...how are you running the game? And with which O/S...Win 7, 8, 10, etc.?

I'm still on Win 7 and run all my PC games as "administrator". Some games won't run unless you run them as "administrator."

Nevertheless, I do feel for you. I'm sure that Paul will make things right. I'm certain that you'll be putting that Colin Forbes novel aside very shortly.

Last edited by professordp; 01-31-2016 at 10:17 PM.
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:53 AM   #5
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

I feel your pain... I too have games that crash and its extremely annoying...

This is why I have started testing early and so far many bugs have been reported. It is my wish/hope to have the next release as solid as possible. I am considering a public beta testing period during the pre-order phase. So once you have pre-ordered the game you can choose to download the current beta build and help test it!

@Cap: I have your game and will take a look shortly.
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:54 AM   #6
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdpaul View Post
I feel your pain... I too have games that crash and its extremely annoying...

This is why I have started testing early and so far many bugs have been reported. It is my wish/hope to have the next release as solid as possible. I am considering a public beta testing period during the pre-order phase. So once you have pre-ordered the game you can choose to download the current beta build and help test it!

@Cap: I have your game and will take a look shortly.
Thanks, Paul. Can I pre-order now?

......how about now?

Cap
Old 02-01-2016, 09:02 AM   #7
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by professordp View Post
One thought (most likely useless on my part)...how are you running the game? And with which O/S...Win 7, 8, 10, etc.?

Running with Windows 7. I've avoided Win 10 so far after the Win 8.1 near debacle.

I'm still on Win 7 and run all my PC games as "administrator". Some games won't run unless you run them as "administrator."

Yup. Same as me. Probably a defective semi-colon or dangling comma in the programme.

Nevertheless, I do feel for you. I'm sure that Paul will make things right. I'm certain that you'll be putting that Colin Forbes novel aside very shortly.
It's an oldie. Pretty fair spy novel called The Janus Man. Seems my dog Buster doesn't like it though because every time I pick it up he jumps into my lap and sits on the book.

Cap
Old 02-01-2016, 12:32 PM   #8
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

doble now please?
javier_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:18 AM   #9
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I have my TB2013 universe on another PC but it was last updated before the most recent fights took place so I can't run anything with the backup. I'm hoping that whatever is wrong with my active universe is an easy fix for Paul. I can check referees, judges, etc but anything to do with the fighters, including organisations, brings up the dreaded TBCB.exe Not Working notice.

Cap
Old 02-06-2016, 12:02 PM   #10
cubedrum
All Star Reserve

Back up your save game folder first. Try "releasing" your license and then delete the .license file and install from fresh. The .license file resides here:

C:\Users\<your login>\AppData\Roaming\tbcb2013

Then place your saved game back into this folder:

C:\Users\<your login>\Documents\tbcb2013\saved_games

This is also where you can find your save game to back it up.

Good luck Cap.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:05 PM   #11
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubedrum View Post
Back up your save game folder first. Try "releasing" your license and then delete the .license file and install from fresh. The .license file resides here:

C:\Users\<your login>\AppData\Roaming\tbcb2013

Then place your saved game back into this folder:

C:\Users\<your login>\Documents\tbcb2013\saved_games

This is also where you can find your save game to back it up.

Good luck Cap.
Thanks, Cube! I'll give it a go.

Cap
Old 02-06-2016, 02:10 PM   #12
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Well, I released the license and deleted it. Then I uninstalled the game and deleted any remaining files I had in My Documents. Then I reinstalled the game and copied in my Saved Game.

It opened. I went into the FIGHTERS locker and clicked on a random boxer and chose EDIT/Change. He opened up. So far so good. Backed out and chose the default group. Clicked on Heavyweights. Then chose sort by rank. BOOM!

Tbcb.exe. Has Stopped Working

Nice try. Almost worked. I wonder if there is some hidden file that is corrupt and needs to be deleted before I re-install?

I can't help but wonder if it's got something to do with my editing existing fighters to change them into new boxers. I've noticed that sometimes the new guys wouldn't show up. Instead another guy would appear in his place. Like the game was confused trying to find the newly edited fighter file.

Cap

Last edited by Cap; 02-06-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:57 AM   #13
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Hallelujah!

Glad to report that Paul has figured out what was wrong with my Saved Game (Somehow some of my fighters had lost their default rating. Possibly because I edited existing fighters to create new boxers) and I appear to be back in business.

Sorry to hear he was sick and very glad he's feeling good enough to work. Had many many days like that myself during the course of 40 years of work so I know how he feels.

I hear he is producing alpha test models that are being run through by members of this board. So, good news.

Cap
Old 02-08-2016, 02:46 PM   #14
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
Hallelujah!

Glad to report that Paul has figured out what was wrong with my Saved Game (Somehow some of my fighters had lost their default rating. Possibly because I edited existing fighters to create new boxers) and I appear to be back in business.

Sorry to hear he was sick and very glad he's feeling good enough to work. Had many many days like that myself during the course of 40 years of work so I know how he feels.

I hear he is producing alpha test models that are being run through by members of this board. So, good news.

Cap

Certainly great to hear!!!!

Play on, young man, play on!
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:46 PM   #15
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

Yeah!! all the best in your game!!
javier_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:22 AM   #16
AZZA
Major Leagues

scary just a reminder as i haven't done it for years

HOW DO YOU BACK UP UNIVERSE

thanks in advance
AZZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 03:07 PM   #17
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZZA View Post
scary just a reminder as i haven't done it for years

HOW DO YOU BACK UP UNIVERSE

thanks in advance
I copy my Saved Game and the Data folder onto a USB stick.

Cap
Old 02-14-2016, 07:54 PM   #18
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

I need to do this as soon as possible...
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:42 AM   #19
Cap
Hall Of Famer

If anyone else is using TB2013 be sure not to create new boxers by altering existing ones. This seems to really screw things up. I was finding career stages changing with certain boxers I had created, but the same thing happened to Earnie Shavers who was already in the game. When I went in and deleted extra Prime ratings in each of these aforementioned boxers, the game crashed on me again.

I'm thinking that however long it took to produce TB2013, it will likely take at least twice as long for Paul to produce a working TB2016/17. Because I don't think Paul expected TB2013 to be so fragile. I know I didn't.

Cap
Old 02-23-2016, 01:41 PM   #20
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Anyone else seeing this? I opened a fighter at random [Yustin Sirutis] and found he had no Default Rating but he did have two identical Pre-Prime ratings....Some others I've checked have two ratings: a Default and Pre-Prime [No Beginner] some have three: Default; Beginner and Pre-Prime. I suspect this mish-mash may have something to do with the fact I imported my version 2.0 universe to 2.5 and then imported that to TB2013.

Cap
Attached Images

Last edited by Cap; 02-23-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote