Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 05-19-2016, 04:51 AM   #21
Kimchi
Minors (Single A)

I spent days setting up teams and the game ended up not adhearing to my age limits. How can you force the league to only allow someone 4-5 years of service as well?
Kimchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:24 AM   #22
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

My approach was as follows.
- 1 league 32 sub-leagues (1 per NCAA conference +1 independent)
- set age limits19-22, after the league is set up modify the player creation age limits to 19 only (creates freshmen)
- I use an NCAA historical schedule.

This was in the All American mod (not sure where it is on the forum any more)

As for drafting, this an be done but is mostly a manual process. The way the game works today any HS player drafted by an ML team but not signed is assigned to a college team, However, each time a college or HS player leaves the league (due to age eligibility) the game generates a replacement. Therefore, to "draft" the HS players, you need to use a very low age for your college created players (e.g. 10). Once the ML draft is done AND the signing period has passed, you can go in and delete the 10-11 year old players. Create a draft pool of HS graduated players (you cannot impact the non-signed players being assigned), create a draft event in the NCAA and import the pool. I would use OCT as a draft date.
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:24 AM   #23
redranger
All Star Reserve

I am in the process of creating a NCAA universe that consist of 2 subleagues with 6 conferences of 12 teams per conference (144 teams)

These will be the main schools, but having to adjust some conferences (ie SEC) to 12, so removing Texas A&M and Missouri since the newest....same for adjusting ACC as best possible, etc...

Namely wanting to lineup each conference with 12 teams for scheduling purposes. I have successfully built a schedule that will have each team play 55 games. Each team will start the season playing 11 games (one team out of each of the other conferences. Then go into conference games playing each of the other teams in conference 4 times (2 home and 2 Away)

Playoffs will select the top team by win % from each conference and two wild cards to have 8 teams from each subleague (East / West) Since setting up a conference tourney prior to what would be a simulated CWS is hard, I am simply going to have each round play a best 2 of 3....get to an East champion and a West champion for the final
redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:48 AM   #24
Kimchi
Minors (Single A)

I spent hours doing this and the age restrictions never stood true. I had 40 year olds playing. I think the hardest part is being able to give strict limitations on playing time, age, eligibility, etc.
Kimchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:39 PM   #25
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Create empty human managers for all your college teams to take away the ai ability to sign players that are not college age. I have mine set up that way and it works fine.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:16 PM   #26
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Age min and maxes are not setup to work 100% correctly Im' afraid. If you read the manual the AI will only enforce them at the end of the season which works great for feeder leagues but that doesnt' nothing to stop the aI manager from signing or drafting players that are not in the age ranges. The trick is you have to have a closed system that does not allow for outside FAs AND you have to have all team mangers controlled by empty human managers. Closing off the AI to outside FAs will solve teams signing players older than 22 however they will still want to sign FAs from within the league made up of players that have aged out but still hang around the league so you have to have human managers to prevent that but still allow the AI to manage the team lineups which is critical. For your human coaches you have to have it setup where the "human" signs players but the AI takes care of the team maintenance or else you'll have very weak teams because of lineup/pitching rotation issues. This takes care of the FA problem.

As for the draft, I have my player created range as 18-18. This means only 18 year olds are created each year for the draft. After the first draft or two you'll start seeing older players show up in the draft. This is not because the AI created them they are players who were previousy created, not drafted, and then hang around and show up again. I delete them a few days before the draft occurs (you have to do this before the actual draft) when I look at my draft pool. This does not hurt the numbers since the AI replaces them with new 18 year olds on draft day. I have confirmed this.

After a lot of trial and error my ncaa league runs as smooth as a new baseball just taken out of its box and it requires little to no maintenance.

Last edited by andyhdz; 06-29-2016 at 02:29 PM.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 06:41 PM   #27
jtnlange
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
Age min and maxes are not setup to work 100% correctly Im' afraid. If you read the manual the AI will only enforce them at the end of the season which works great for feeder leagues but that doesnt' nothing to stop the aI manager from signing or drafting players that are not in the age ranges. The trick is you have to have a closed system that does not allow for outside FAs AND you have to have all team mangers controlled by empty human managers. Closing off the AI to outside FAs will solve teams signing players older than 22 however they will still want to sign FAs from within the league made up of players that have aged out but still hang around the league so you have to have human managers to prevent that but still allow the AI to manage the team lineups which is critical. For your human coaches you have to have it setup where the "human" signs players but the AI takes care of the team maintenance or else you'll have very weak teams because of lineup/pitching rotation issues. This takes care of the FA problem.

As for the draft, I have my player created range as 18-18. This means only 18 year olds are created each year for the draft. After the first draft or two you'll start seeing older players show up in the draft. This is not because the AI created them they are players who were previousy created, not drafted, and then hang around and show up again. I delete them a few days before the draft occurs (you have to do this before the actual draft) when I look at my draft pool. This does not hurt the numbers since the AI replaces them with new 18 year olds on draft day. I have confirmed this.

After a lot of trial and error my ncaa league runs as smooth as a new baseball just taken out of its box and it requires little to no maintenance.
I have never had an issue with older players showing up in my college feeder league. How are you creating it? I create it through the league I want not as its own league. I think that may be where you are having an issue.

Trevor L

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
jtnlange is offline   Reply With Quote