Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 06-07-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
68pirate
Minors (Single A)

Bz 3368: BABIP calculation in Player Editor not working correctly

There appears to be a bug with the ratings editor. When I ask it to create current ratings based on stats, it never assigns BABIP correctly, thus the contact rating is messed up and the projected stats do not match the averages of the stats originally entered into the ratings editor. All of the other ratings appear to be generated correctly from the stats entered, except for BABIP. I haven't tried to use the ratings editor for pitchers yet so I am unsure if an issue exists there as well.
68pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
ShaneCarson
All Star Reserve

Also having this problem.
ShaneCarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:06 AM   #3
Tom the Fish
All Star Reserve

I'm also having this problem

Tom
Tom the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:56 AM   #4
ShaneCarson
All Star Reserve

Any word on a fix for this? This was being touted as a pretty big feature for OOTPX and it doesn't work at all right now.
ShaneCarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:23 PM   #5
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68pirate View Post
There appears to be a bug with the ratings editor. When I ask it to create current ratings based on stats, it never assigns BABIP correctly, thus the contact rating is messed up and the projected stats do not match the averages of the stats originally entered into the ratings editor. All of the other ratings appear to be generated correctly from the stats entered, except for BABIP. I haven't tried to use the ratings editor for pitchers yet so I am unsure if an issue exists there as well.
Hi folks, I'm sorry for the delay in responding. We generally respond to the oldest posts first here in Tech Support, so when multiple people post in the thread, it bumps it back up to the top and it takes us longer to get to the thread!

I apologize, this isn't one of my areas of expertise. Can you please give me an example of what you are entering for stats to base ratings on, what you expect to see as a result, and what you are actually seeing?

Thanks!

Steve
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:57 AM   #6
68pirate
Minors (Single A)

Steve,
Thanks for the response. Try this...with any historical player, open the editor. Now, take any year of their real life stats and enter them in the Ratings Editor on the "Resulting stats" line. Next click on the "Create current ratings based on stats" tab. Notice that avg, obp, slg, ops now are identical to their real life numbers, and the players offensive ratings have been changed to reflect those numbers. Now click on any other tab, profile for example. Now return to the editor. The "resulting stats" are all out of whack, because BABIP apparently always defaults to "1" or "250". The other ratings besides BABIP remain constant.
Somebody mentioned they have been able to get around this by converting all of their real life numbers to a ratio based on 550 ab, but that extra step shouldn't be needed. I should just be able to enter any numbers for the real life stats and get ratings that reflect those numbers.

Keith
68pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #7
battists
Hall Of Famer

Keith, that's perfect, thanks.

I've logged this as bug 3368. I'll have Markus take a look at it as soon he can.

Thanks again,

Steve
battists is offline   Reply With Quote