Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #1
battists
Hall Of Famer

Exclamation Patch # 1 Update

Just so we don't have people asking all day long, here's an update on the 1st patch:

We expect the patch to be out late on Monday, US East Coast time. We're smart enough this time around that we are going to make sure it's up on all of our mirrors, etc. before releasing it to you guys.

This patch includes the following fixes:

- Fixed L/R split ratings set to same values in imported OOTP 8 leagues
- Fixed crash when clicking on player news stories while playing out a game
- Fixed game getting stuck when DH is ejected
- Toned down suspensions resulting from brawls (duration of suspensions)
- Fixed position selection menu disappearing at times
- Fixed foreigner rule selection in league setup
- Fixed missing list bullets on help pages
- Added "crashed_on_startup" flag to config file to reset graphics to default after a crash

Additionally, there are several fixes to the MLB file:
- AZL Padres added
- Issue with retired players resolved
- Several missing prospects added
- Several fixes to Cleveland Indians
- I have updated positions for players on a bunch of teams
- Updated ratings for some players who were missing ratings
- Some managers updated
- Personnel contracts adjusted to prevent them from being signed for 263 years

Please note: we are continuing to work on an issue with the major leagues where AAA players are moved around too much by the AI. However, we weren't able to resolve this in time for this patch. We believe that will be fixed in the next patch.

So, when will the NEXT patch be?
The next patch is scheduled for approximately the middle of July. As is typical for OOTP releases, this one may also include a handful of small new features!

Last edited by battists; 06-22-2008 at 07:14 PM.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:58 AM   #2
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

so what time will the patch be out?

JK - Thanks guys

asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

"...this one may also include a handful of small new features!"

I'm getting greedy while enjoying OOTP9. I'd love to see the batter pitch count on the little bar just above the script lines. Sometimes I like to be reminded of the count even before the script starts and sometimes with my memory I have to keep looking in the top left corner of the screen. Would be great to have it on the bar between the script and the ball park pic. No biggie obviously.

The creator involvement and multiple patches is so refreshing.

Last edited by skunkle333; 06-22-2008 at 12:14 PM.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:53 PM   #4
jjmjgnx
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quick Fix for the new 9.0.27 patch

The template images for a tie in the hitting and pitching categories still has the OOTP8 logo.

Sorry to be picky.
jjmjgnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:32 PM   #5
tripli00
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for the update - who's got the important task of making sure that Markus actually goes AWAY as he previously stated!!! Getting ill is not in the development / patch list

Be really good to get this patch and then wait till mid July.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #6
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmjgnx View Post
The template images for a tie in the hitting and pitching categories still has the OOTP8 logo.

Sorry to be picky.
Please post this in the tech support forum!
Old 06-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #7
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripli00 View Post
Thanks for the update - who's got the important task of making sure that Markus actually goes AWAY as he previously stated!!!.
Mission already accomplished.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:41 PM   #8
westendcards
All Star Reserve

Is there anyway to make it so when we start a 2008 game it keeps the players to stay on the level they were set to be on. I started a 2008 game and the first thing I did was set myself as commissioner, blocked all AI moves on all teams, and set myself in control of all teams at all levels. Still it moved players around and there are very few players in AAA. I understand that you set these levels up correctly but we are not even getting a chance to see or use the rosters the way they were set up to be used. Maybe you can have a version that is already set up for the user to control all teams so when we start the game the AI will not make any moves? Would that work? I will try anything to not have to go back in and move all these players around, basically the same work that the OOTP team has already done. Thanks
westendcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:43 PM   #9
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendcards View Post
Is there anyway to make it so when we start a 2008 game it keeps the players to stay on the level they were set to be on. I started a 2008 game and the first thing I did was set myself as commissioner, blocked all AI moves on all teams, and set myself in control of all teams at all levels. Still it moved players around and there are very few players in AAA. I understand that you set these levels up correctly but we are not even getting a chance to see or use the rosters the way they were set up to be used. Maybe you can have a version that is already set up for the user to control all teams so when we start the game the AI will not make any moves? Would that work? I will try anything to not have to go back in and move all these players around, basically the same work that the OOTP team has already done. Thanks
westendcards, this is the AAA issue I referred to in the original post. We're working to resolve this, but it won't be resolved in this first patch...
Old 06-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #10
tripli00
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Mission already accomplished.
Hate to say it but

Too much time at the screen isn't good for anyone!!!
Old 06-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #11
westendcards
All Star Reserve

OK thanks for the reply - I exported the rosters and went through and updated each player to be attached to the correct team but when I re-imported the roster file this is what happened: Any changes i made to uniform no, height, weight, and/or updates to proficency numbers all updated succesfully. If I changed a player from one organization to another, that worked. But I cannot get a player to stay on a specific level that I would like. Example, I take a player who is set on a AA roster and change him in the exported roster file to the AAA club in the same organization and it does not work. Matter of fact, sometimes it moves him to a single A club, sometimes stays on the AA club, and sometimes it moves him to the AAA club. Do you know if this is part of the same issue. Again, thank you for your response?
westendcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 03:43 PM   #12
Erich Ingram

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendcards View Post
OK thanks for the reply - I exported the rosters and went through and updated each player to be attached to the correct team but when I re-imported the roster file this is what happened: Any changes i made to uniform no, height, weight, and/or updates to proficency numbers all updated succesfully. If I changed a player from one organization to another, that worked. But I cannot get a player to stay on a specific level that I would like. Example, I take a player who is set on a AA roster and change him in the exported roster file to the AAA club in the same organization and it does not work. Matter of fact, sometimes it moves him to a single A club, sometimes stays on the AA club, and sometimes it moves him to the AAA club. Do you know if this is part of the same issue. Again, thank you for your response?
I think I know how to fix this for you

IOSBL San Diego Aztecs 2010, 2012,2013, 2014 World Series Champions
Maelstrom Padres 2026 World Champions
eMLB Washington Nationals
Erich Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #13
Xavier12
Minors (Single A)

Nice. I lost my leadoff center fielder for 6 games to start the season.
Xavier12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #14
battists
Hall Of Famer

Hi folks, sorry for some minorly bad news, but we've run into some issues, and the patch will not be released until Monday night. (Original post updated.)

Nothing drastic, but we had a problem that took several hours to resolve. It's now 1 am in Germany (where Andreas is doing the builds), and it takes several hours to create the build files, a while longer to get them uploaded, and still more time to contact the mirror hosts, get them the file, and have them get the files ready.

Therefore, we'll get this done tomorrow instead, and we'll get the files "hosted and posted" hopefully by late tomorrow night.

Again, apologies for the delay, but after some of the frustrations people had downloading on release day, we would rather be sure everything is set to run smoothly than scramble to get something out the door, working bleary-eyed into the night (on a Sunday, no less).

Thanks for your understanding!
Old 06-22-2008, 08:29 PM   #15
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Okay that where it should go and I will do that.

Last edited by mgom27; 06-22-2008 at 08:45 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:39 PM   #16
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Play by Play doesn't work so don't try it because the game stops and goes back to Windows so before you put out this Patch it needs to be looked at.
mgom, if you're having a technical support issue, please post in the tech support thread with as much detail as possible!

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2008, 10:00 PM   #17
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Several Fixes to the Cleveland Indians

would you suggest Tribe fans wait to start their dynasties?

thanks
Go Tribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:03 PM   #18
fantom1979
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Tribe View Post
Several Fixes to the Cleveland Indians

would you suggest Tribe fans wait to start their dynasties?

thanks
I seriously doubt there are any players that want to play with the Indians in a dynasty.

fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:43 AM   #19
Pronkytonk
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
I seriously doubt there are any players that want to play with the Indians in a dynasty.
You are wrong, but I will first finish my current Indians Dynasty beginning 1901. (Currently in 1962, 17 World Series titles and counting).
Pronkytonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:41 AM   #20
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronkytonk View Post
You are wrong, but I will first finish my current Indians Dynasty beginning 1901. (Currently in 1962, 17 World Series titles and counting).
Holy schnikies

Keep up the good work buddy!
Tycobbler is offline   Reply With Quote