Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 04-06-2020, 02:49 AM   #21
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Giants and Indians
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 02:50 AM   #22
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Mariners and Marlins
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 04-06-2020, 02:51 AM   #23
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Mets and Nationals
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 04-06-2020, 02:52 AM   #24
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Orioles and Padres
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 04-06-2020, 02:53 AM   #25
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Phillies and Pirates
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 04-06-2020, 02:54 AM   #26
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Rangers and Rays
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 04-06-2020, 02:55 AM   #27
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Reds and Red Sox
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 04-06-2020, 02:56 AM   #28
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Rockies and Royals
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 04-06-2020, 02:57 AM   #29
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Tigers and Twins
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 04-06-2020, 02:58 AM   #30
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

White Sox and Yankees
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 04-06-2020, 02:59 AM   #31
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Monarchs and Pioneers
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 04-06-2020, 09:09 AM   #32
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlon View Post

Note: I noticed that some of the ratings are getting changed when I imported this over to OOTP21. The relief pitchers are getting an increase in their strikeouts in the editor. What OOTP will do is give RP's a boost after you put in the values into the editor. This happened when creating the players in OOTP 20. Markus says this is intentional because relievers very rarely face an opposing pitcher so their strikeouts were more difficult to earn. Ok, that's fine, but now when importing over to OOTP 21 the game is applying this same boost again, so now the relievers have stuff ratings that are even stronger. For right now I suggest just playing this on OOTP 20. I may have to go in and make a new update to all of the relief pitchers and see if any other ratings got changed when importing this to the new game.
So that’s why I was seeing ratings change when I would import my save game from previous versions. Was wondering WTF happened to all the ratings with the pitchers.

Thanks for this
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:23 AM   #33
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

The reliever issue affects pitchers that only throw two pitches. I told Markus about this and he says that the game works as designed. I still disagree and believe that there is a problem with pitchers with two pitchers not having their stuff rating calculated properly.

I went into this mod and gave every pitcher with two pitches a third pitch and then put the original values for them into the editor and they ended up with the proper stuff ratings.

Another thing that is new to OOTP21 is that the upper bounds of the Stuff rating is not increased and this has the affect of making pitchers look like their stuff rating has decreased. The game will still play the same though as the ratings you see for the player are relative to the league. The game you are importing may still play fine.

The new Baseball Greats v3 is now up on the Workshop.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:33 PM   #34
cheo25
All Star Reserve

So do you have to play the game on Steam to get this file? I am on Steam, but I do not have OOTP21 through Steam.
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 02:39 PM   #35
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

cheo, you can download the OOTP21 file here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/08okhlp9qa....quick.7z?dl=0

Just unzip it and place the folder in your quickstarts folder.

The OOTP20 file is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rasd5eyi4e...quick.zip?dl=0

Last edited by pstrickert; 04-06-2020 at 02:41 PM.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:22 PM   #36
cheo25
All Star Reserve

Thank you, sir!
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:45 PM   #37
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

9 zip shows no file Found.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:12 AM   #38
sprague
All Star Starter

First off thanks to garlon for the time and effort to make this
for pstrick for posting something for us to use in our games...

I was working on something like this way back in ootp16, and using davenport translations so I was really looking forward to this. Here is my comments on it, and this is also based on what I know about the DT and how they work. First of all this is in NO way a cricism of this. As I say I tried to start such a project years ago and gave up in frustration and lack of time. I give Garlon a true thumbs up for having the nuts to start and finish this...this is just how I see the players and ratings etc after looking over the game for a few hours.

First comment is the fielding ratings. In one sense they all tend to be "too high" ie Adrian Gonzalez has 225 infield range, darren erstad is a 250 error, sherm loller is at 250 catcher ability.
Then we see that say Rey Sanchez is the games's best fielding shortstop and everyone else quite below him, same for Arredono of the Rockies. Players like Brooks Robinson, Bench, Willie Mays or O Smith seem hurt by the ratings. So they need a small redo to get them up to speed (yes I am on it)

Secondly the running ratings, while they are different than what we are all used to, low speed high steel- they might work just fine in game play...I would have to check those out.

Bunting ratings seem non existent those might have to be updated by hand.

Davenport hitter ratings always come out great, and your game displays this. The only DT issue I have is hitters in the 1930's 40's tend to wind up with too many home runs (Ie dimmagio clocking in with 50 in the game for example.) For that era I tend to drop the HR values by 10%, a 50 HR guy becomes 45, and I add the rest to their double rating so it sort of evens out.

Where I feel DT has problems is rating pitchers. First off he rates them to a very high offensive period. Modern pitchers with thier high strikeouts tend to look better in game, as do modern relievers while Sutter, Gossage, Hiller etc just rarely fare up.
Instead I tend to work towards adjusted ERA, up the strikeout level

so I am going to go back and finally finish what I started 5 years ago. I wanted 2 games a 1966-current league, and a 1901-1966 league. That way the Blue Jays and Padres would not have to contend with the Yankees and other big 16 having 60 more years of players to use against them.
Hoping to go through the modifications I talked about above, 1-2 teams a day so hoping to have the modern one ready for everyone at the end of April.

Again last comment, Garlon this is a great effort and it is appreciated. I hope now I have the energy to get my project done...and then players will have multiple choices based on this great quickstart
Cheers all

Last edited by sprague; 04-07-2020 at 08:20 AM.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:51 AM   #39
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

I put a great amount of work into the fielding ratings. After playing a season go to sortable stats and then look at the league leaders and league worst at each position.

Some 1Bmen do have high fielding ratings but none of them will even save 10 runs per season. I used something like 60-225 for Range for 1Bmen and you get about -10 to +8 for the season.

The Error rating for infielders and outfielders are based on an average of 129.

Erstad made 10 errors in 2239 total chances as an outfielder for his career. The league average outfielder during his seasons had a .985 fielding percentage. This means that the average outfielder given 2239 total chances makes 33 errors.

Erstad only made 10. 33/10 = 3.3 He was actually beyond the 250 limit 3.3*129=425

A better example is Sandberg who fielded .989 at 2B for his career while the league 2Bmen fielded .981. He made 11 errors per 1000 total chances while the average 2Bmen made 19. 19/11= 1.72 and 1.72*129 = 221. His error value is slightly different than this because I included his errors at 3B as well.

The speed rating is a translation of SB attempts per times reaching first base and the Stealing rating is a translation of SB%. Stealing = (SB% * 200) + 40

The Sac Bunting rating is simply (SAC/AB)*1000. Pitchers have good SAC Bunt ratings.

There is no data to create Bunt for Hit rating and if you are not careful with this you may end up with players who can bunt better than their batting average. I set everyone to 10/250 for this rating.

OF Arm ratings are also Assist/expected assists *129. RF gets a +25 boost after this calculation and LF gets a -25 reduction. Range average is 129 with +/-10 points for each percentage a player was from the league average for PO. This was after taking into account the defensive efficiency of the teams they played for and the amount of balls in plays relative to the league average. So if a player was 2% better than average they received 129+(2*10) = 149 range. For CF they were given a boost after this of an additional 25 points, and for LF -25 and for RF -15 points.

For infielders a similar process was used based on their assists, but only +/-5 points for each percentage point and this was after factoring out the affect of their errors on their range.

There are minimum values you can use for certain positions, otherwise you get players fielding below 0.900 defensive efficiency and that is not realistic in my opinion. Derek Jeter was about 0.925 for his career, so for every 1000 plays an average SS made he only made about 925. I tried to make sure he was not playing below this. If you move him even 1 point lower he is basically goes from 0.92 for this season to about 0.82. So I made him the lowest possible value in the game, which is about 118 for Range. Anything below that will not work right for that position.

The Catcher Ability rating is a combination of their PB and E. I took their PB + E per inning and divided this by the league average for catchers during their seasons and then multiplied this by 129. The Catcher Arm rating is their CS%/League Average CS% * 129. Take a look at the ratings for Piazza and Molina.

I suggest playing this a few more times because 50 HR is probably fairly rare.

I do not think there is an issue with the Davenport Translations of pitchers as he is simply translating their BB, HR and K to a modern environment. You can still change the season you are playing. I tried playing 1908 and of course Movement Ratings will not have much value because HR are very low for the season.

Last edited by Garlon; 04-07-2020 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:47 PM   #40
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

According to the information on baseball reference, Rey Sanchez averaged 18 Rtot/135 games for his career. This is about what he gets in the game.

You will see some players with higher range ratings than others but you have to remember that Error rating is also part of making plays. If 2Bmen made +5 plays per season but also averaged making 5 fewer errors per season, then we can say that he had average range but an above average Error rating. These are the things that I tried to sort through to create these ratings.