Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:38 PM   #1
batrightythrowlefty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Neutralize Ballparks

Has anyone tried this? Thinking about doing this for my fictional league, as the teams with hitters parks always have an advantage, and I mistakenly made one subleague have mostly hitter parks, the other subleague most pitchers parks. Has anyone tried this? How did it work out? Does it make the teams have too generic of stats? I would love to have everyone thoughts, before I decide to do it!
batrightythrowlefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:05 PM   #2
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

I neutralized all my ballparks once, but I soon found my league to get kind of bland. nothing really stat related, but it just removes an element to the game.

It would be cool to have a pitcher's league and a hitter's league. Might make for some interesting world series'

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 01:22 PM   #3
batrightythrowlefty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
I neutralized all my ballparks once, but I soon found my league to get kind of bland. nothing really stat related, but it just removes an element to the game.

It would be cool to have a pitcher's league and a hitter's league. Might make for some interesting world series'
That’s actually not a bad idea! I might also just have the teams use their counterpart MLB team’s stadium as well.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:05 PM   #4
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by batrightythrowlefty View Post
Has anyone tried this? Thinking about doing this for my fictional league, as the teams with hitters parks always have an advantage, and I mistakenly made one subleague have mostly hitter parks, the other subleague most pitchers parks. Has anyone tried this? How did it work out? Does it make the teams have too generic of stats? I would love to have everyone thoughts, before I decide to do it!
This is how I run my fictional league. I much prefer it so no one has an advantage and everyone is on an even playing field. Literally.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:09 PM   #5
Reed
All Star Starter

I play my historical league that way so players won't get a double boost or a double hit playing in certain stadiums.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 11:12 PM   #6
batrightythrowlefty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
This is how I run my fictional league. I much prefer it so no one has an advantage and everyone is on an even playing field. Literally.

Do stats look too even though? Like where no one stands out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2020, 11:12 PM   #7
batrightythrowlefty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
I play my historical league that way so players won't get a double boost or a double hit playing in certain stadiums.

How do the stats look? Is everyone too event? Will there be any surprises?

Old 04-06-2020, 01:32 AM   #8
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Do stats look too even though? Like where no one stands out?

Which stats are you referring to? It looks like any other normal season except when you see some kind of stat outlier you know it's not because of the park they play in since every team plays on an equal playing field.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 11:23 AM   #9
Reed
All Star Starter

Quote:
How do the stats look? Is everyone too event? Will there be any surprises?

Yes, playing historical with neutralized park factors mean the players have a slightly better chance of achieving their real life stats.

For example, let's say someone like Todd Helton hit 45 home runs in real life playing at Coors field. In OOTP if you use neutralized park factors you sold expect him to hit 45 home runs, no matter what team he is on. If you do not use neutralized park factors and if you put him on the Colorado team, Coors field, you can expect him to hit about 50 home runs and maybe 40 home runs if he plays for the Dodgers.
If you want him to have the best chance of hitting 45 home runs like he did in real life while playing for Colorado in your OOTP league you have 2 options.
1. Play with neutralized park factors of
2. Play using the players normalized stats. But this option is a whole new discussion
The manual use to say and it.Might still say using normalized stats might give the most realistic results, or something like that.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:44 AM   #10
batrightythrowlefty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
Yes, playing historical with neutralized park factors mean the players have a slightly better chance of achieving their real life stats.

For example, let's say someone like Todd Helton hit 45 home runs in real life playing at Coors field. In OOTP if you use neutralized park factors you sold expect him to hit 45 home runs, no matter what team he is on. If you do not use neutralized park factors and if you put him on the Colorado team, Coors field, you can expect him to hit about 50 home runs and maybe 40 home runs if he plays for the Dodgers.
If you want him to have the best chance of hitting 45 home runs like he did in real life while playing for Colorado in your OOTP league you have 2 options.
1. Play with neutralized park factors of
2. Play using the players normalized stats. But this option is a whole new discussion
The manual use to say and it.Might still say using normalized stats might give the most realistic results, or something like that.

Have you noticed players still having “some down years” or do they always play to their ratings?

Old 04-09-2020, 09:31 AM   #11
robc
Hall Of Famer

There is always randomness involved that causes some of the players to over / under perform.