Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #1
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Owner Expectation: Acquire a Hometown Player

What does this mean?
I customized my player search (playing as CHW) and selected birth city as Chicago and the search found noone.

How am I to go about searching for a player from Chicago if there aren't any?

Has anyone else gotten this and been successful at it? Is it luck of the draw in the draft? Does it have to be from the draft? Do they have to make the active roster for it to count or can they only be a part of the organization?

Upon looking up the expectations it says Closest Match: Ryan Kelly. Ryan Kelly is a reliever on my MLB team, but he's from Tennessee...

I'm really lost as to what he's looking for.

Last edited by Findest2001; 04-07-2019 at 04:20 PM. Reason: upon looking up the expectations
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 05:43 PM   #2
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

Transactions > Find a Player > From the "Chicago" (in your case) area (check the box)

Pretty certain the owner only cares about the active roster.
Hope this helps?

And the fact your closest currently is a TEN player, means you can most certainly get a bit closer and impress the boss!

Last edited by Winnipeg59; 04-07-2019 at 05:45 PM.
Winnipeg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 05:46 PM   #3
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg59 View Post
Transactions > Find a Player > From the "Chicago" (in your case) area (check the box)

Pretty certain the owner only cares about the active roster.
Hope this helps?

I'll let you know when I check my offline league later tonight. I hope it helps, but you say it has to be Active roster? I hope not because I've got a logjam on my 40-man. I'm DFA-ing really good players because it's time for my rookies to take their places and I could use the salary dump, and I've already tried shopping my overpaid guys with no luck...
Old 04-17-2019, 01:34 PM   #4
Erik
All Star Reserve

This is one reason I turned off the Owner Expectations. Most the demands would be detrimental to the team. I play in Commish mode anyways, so it's not like I'm going to be fired for not following the Owners direction. I found it to be too distracting.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:54 PM   #5
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
This is one reason I turned off the Owner Expectations. Most the demands would be detrimental to the team. I play in Commish mode anyways, so it's not like I'm going to be fired for not following the Owners direction. I found it to be too distracting.

It can be, although I like the added layer of challenge. It feels like something an owner would say to increase fan interest. Everyone loves a homegrown sparkplug.

That being said I found a pitcher in the Australian league from Chicago and bought his contract for $250,000. He came in and pitched 1.2 solid innings, and proceeded to have a career ending injury after. Even weeks later I check the owner progress and it still says I completed the goal so I'm pretty sure I'm in the clear.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:56 PM   #6
raiderz4eva
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
It can be, although I like the added layer of challenge. It feels like something an owner would say to increase fan interest. Everyone loves a homegrown sparkplug.

That being said I found a pitcher in the Australian league from Chicago and bought his contract for $250,000. He came in and pitched 1.2 solid innings, and proceeded to have a career ending injury after. Even weeks later I check the owner progress and it still says I completed the goal so I'm pretty sure I'm in the clear.

That is one helluva story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raiderz4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:00 PM   #7
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Sad but true. I was skeptical he would be good at all, and he surprised me for those 1.2 innings. 2 days later I was adjusting my pitching staff for september callups and I didn't see his name. I did a search and saw career-ending injury on his profile and I shed a tear. He struck out 4 and walked none in 1.2 innings. Obviously a small sample but the amount of work I put into finding him I was really pulling for him to be a solid contributor to my bullpen.