Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 11-19-2018, 04:45 AM   #1
ldin
Bat Boy

Trades/Messages

Hi I have one question. How is possible to make trade between two clubs in other league than nhl? for example czech tipsport liga? I am managing czech team and when i am clicking on "trade offer" then I have usual screen here with names of players but I am unable to click on them and add them to the offer table....I am only able to click on player profile and make this by right clicking on action button....but how to do that if I want to trade more than one player at the same time for example? I am unable to do so...Can you help me or fix that?

Another thing: When I am making trades in NHL team then after trade is complete I have a message with press/media reaction on that. This is not in other leagues. Please add this there too... It looks more realistic when you can enjoy messages like this even if you play with european teams.
ldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:59 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Some leagues don't allow trading, only player transfers. To make a "trade" in those leagues, you have to offer/request cash for a player, and only one player at a time.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:33 AM   #3
ldin
Bat Boy

Thanks. But if I am not wrong now I think that Tipsport liga allows player-player trade. Not sure about how many is possible to trade in such time but some teams in that league made this type of transactions. So I have no option here to trade player for another player in game... And to the second point. Will media reactions for trades/transactions/signings implemented in european leagues?
Old 11-21-2018, 01:01 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ah, it looks like they are doing player exchanges this year, I'll change that, it'll be in the next update. There will be media announcements when trades and transfers are made, regardless of league.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:55 AM   #5
ldin
Bat Boy

So media announcements and trade option will be added in 5.4.5 update? Sounds great. Thanks for your work Jeff! Maybe some another idea for you. Would be also good if you can choose currency...So if you manage some team in Sweden for example you can have all salaries etc. in their currency.

Btw. Back to transfers option - In czech league you can trade player for player or for players or make an financial offer for player or players when the second option is more often still.

Last edited by ldin; 11-21-2018 at 08:27 AM.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:02 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, I'll just set the trade frequency fairly low for them so there aren't that many trades, mostly transfers.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:19 AM   #7
ldin
Bat Boy

Good. And what about currency option? Will this be also a topic for future update? Or is possible to do now somewhere in the game preferences?

Btw.When we are talking about media - introduction of press conferences would be also great as in reality it represents a major part in manager/head coach daily work. Just an idea which would be good to consider. Thanks for your work!
Old 11-22-2018, 11:39 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, the currency will have to be something for the future - even OOTP doesn't really do that yet (you can change the currency symbol, but it doesn't actually change the values.)
Old 01-27-2019, 01:47 AM   #9
ldin
Bat Boy

Can you please update me when we could expect trades update as mentioned in this discussion. New patches came out and still no possibility to make trade in czech league...
Old 01-27-2019, 03:31 AM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

Sorry, looks like I didn't save one of my changes properly when I edited the league data to activate trading for the Extraliga. I just fixed that, so it'll be in the next update.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:13 PM   #11
ldin
Bat Boy

Hi how can I make trades as mentioned...still option for money only...
Old 02-12-2019, 03:04 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

You'll need to start a new game with the current rosters start to get the ability to trade in the Extraliga - the setting is in the rules files that are specific to each individual game's data, so it won't work retroactively with an older save.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:11 AM   #13
ldin
Bat Boy

I started a new game but still don't know how to make player trades...When I click on Trades panel it is still not possible to offer a player by mouse right click...Maybe I'm doin it wrong don't know...Is also possible to review trade rules also for other european leagus please? Thanks.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:28 AM   #14
JeffR
FHM Producer

It looks like the trading option for the Extraliga isn't activating until after the first season. I'm not sure why, could be something with the timing of the deadline. We'll take a look at it, but you'll be able to trade starting on July 1, 2019 in your game.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:22 PM   #15
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It looks like the trading option for the Extraliga isn't activating until after the first season. I'm not sure why, could be something with the timing of the deadline. We'll take a look at it, but you'll be able to trade starting on July 1, 2019 in your game.
Not regarding this exact subject, but how are you guys handling the conditional draft picks in the NHL? While updating my rosters, if there is a conditional 2109 2nd round pick or conditional 3rd round pick, I'm giving the team the lower of the two picks.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:28 AM   #16
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
Not regarding this exact subject, but how are you guys handling the conditional draft picks in the NHL? While updating my rosters, if there is a conditional 2109 2nd round pick or conditional 3rd round pick, I'm giving the team the lower of the two picks.
In most cases, if the condition looks like it will probably be achieved, the pick is given to the team. If it's improbable (things like requiring the acquiring team to win a Stanley Cup, etc.), then it remains with the trading team. The results will usually match what's shown on the capfriendly.com draft charts for each team.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:30 PM   #17
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
In most cases, if the condition looks like it will probably be achieved, the pick is given to the team. If it's improbable (things like requiring the acquiring team to win a Stanley Cup, etc.), then it remains with the trading team. The results will usually match what's shown on the capfriendly.com draft charts for each team.
Didn't even realize Cap Friendly had that info available, thanks.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:34 AM   #18
JeffR
FHM Producer

They added it relatively recently, I think, I just noticed it when I went to double-check the picks in the database for the last update. The Wikipedia entries for each draft year are still a little better if you need specific details about how the picks were moved, but the CF one is easier to read at a glance.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:11 PM   #19
ldin
Bat Boy

Hi Jeff how it looks like with trades during first season? Will this be updated? Will you update trade rules for other european leagues too?
Second point - when I wanted to start a new game with any czech team my salary is only 2000 dolars/year. This must be some bug right?... I have similar experience in game as before and in my previous saves offered salary was much higher...
Old 03-28-2019, 01:29 AM   #20
JeffR
FHM Producer

It wasn't possible to fix the first-season problem in time for the update, if we have to do a hotfix update I'll see if it can be done then.

A couple of people have mentioned the GM salaries for users being a little strange in European leagues. Not sure why that is, but I'll take a look at it.