Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 02-15-2019, 06:27 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM5 Hotfix, Version 5.7.66, Now Available

A new hotfix update for Franchise Hockey Manager 5, version 5.7.66, has just been released.

To apply the update:

-If you are playing the eSellerate version, just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.
-If you are playing the Steam version, the game will auto-update if you have that option active. If you don't see the update in your Steam update queue, you may need to exit and restart your Steam client.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

Your existing savegames will be compatible with the updated game.

This hotfix fixes a few critical issues with Monday's update:
-Quickstart games can now be started properly again
-the Quebec historical challenge now uses the correct team instead of starting a game as the California Golden Seals
-fixed issue with multiplayer games that could cause a crash when attempting to open some player screens (will retroactively fix the problem for any players that already have it)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:47 PM   #2
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Just wondering any chance we can add conditions to trades like they do in real life.. and say if u offer a trade a conditional 3rd (turns into a 1st 2019) both those picks are greyed out so u can’t trade them until the other team chooses which pick they will take? Just an idea
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:28 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Conditional picks are one of the things I'd like to get in next year, but there will be a few complications to figure out, particularly how to handle optional conditions like the one you mentioned - there would probably need to be a step added to drafting to check if the next pick was subject to an option, an interface for the human player to respond to it, and some accompanying AI to handle the non-human teams.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:16 AM   #4
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Seems to be a problem where if you start a standard game, then go back to the home screen you have to exit the game to start another standard game.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:24 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
Seems to be a problem where if you start a standard game, then go back to the home screen you have to exit the game to start another standard game.
Looks like you can get to the setup screen, but it won't do anything when you try to continue. We'll get that fixed.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:06 PM   #6
MXD
Minors (Double A)

Humm... I'm experiencing serious slowdowns/unstability since this version was released (it might be with the .65 version, mind you).
MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:27 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

There wasn't really anything in the update(s) that would've made a significant difference in game speed. Is this with a save that was started before .65, or new ones as well?
Old 03-01-2019, 05:09 PM   #8
MikeMontrealer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm in 2039 in my NHL Habs sim and I've noticed some serious slowdowns at times. Usually once that happens I quit FHM and restart because if I don't it will eventually crash.

Since this is my first campaign I wasn't sure if it was normal as time went on or not.
MikeMontrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:17 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

At that point in the game, I'd expect to see some slowdowns - the database of past results is getting pretty big after 20 years.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:32 AM   #10
croatian
All Star Starter

I am in 2059 with KHL selected from other leagues and it takes about 4-5 hours to sim through one season, if/when I am simming.
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:09 AM   #11
croatian
All Star Starter

When we can expect final update ?
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:39 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Soon, testing it now and have some final database changes to make next week.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:41 PM   #13
KevT90
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
Just wondering any chance we can add conditions to trades like they do in real life...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Conditional picks are one of the things I'd like to get in next year...
Retained salary is probably easier to implement ? and I would rather have that over cond. offers. Obviously both would be ideal.

Last edited by KevT90; 03-07-2019 at 03:30 PM.
KevT90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:28 AM   #14
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokid90 View Post
Retained salary is probably easier to implement ? and I would rather have that over cond. offers. Obviously both would be ideal.
Not necessarily easier from an AI perspective. Conditionals will generally be used to balance a deal that otherwise couldn't be balanced - the conditions ratchet down the value of a draft pick to a level that will make a deal work. Retained salary would require the AI to evaluate its trading partner's financial situation, its own, and the relationship between the two even before you get into any valuation issues.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:12 PM   #15
KevT90
Minors (Double A)

I would have thought it'd be easier for the AI to only have to weight the value of a player in relation to his cap hit ? If I'm not mistaken EA's NHL19 has the retained salary option but no cond. offers. I don't see how you can get the AI to value a draft pick becoming another draft pick upon an event triggering like reaching a certain round in the playoffs or a player re-signing. Obviously it would be awesome to have those options, it would open many more trade possibilities !

Last edited by KevT90; 03-09-2019 at 07:14 PM.
KevT90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:34 AM   #16
skoch
Minors (Single A)

A few things (glitches) I noticed (all in historical mode)

- The NHL team logos don't match the year they were used, or aren't created at all, which forces me to create my own and drop them into the background files which is kind of annoying.(No Atlanta Thrashers logo for example)

- The option to start on July 1st doesn't work properly. I'm assuming this was made to enable the ability to sign the UFA's you wanted, avoiding the free agents the team may have added and the ability to take control of the off season trades after July 1st. For example, Chris Pronger was traded on July 3rd from the Oilers, but he's already been dealt if you start on July 1 in the game. In theory this would be a great option, but it isn't accurate. There were many examples of free agents that were added after July 1, also appear on the July 1 start.

- McDavid's first season he as a 1 year deal and does not wish to even discuss any extension and wants to hit the open market (that is his decision at the start of the game, does his mind change as the season goes on?)

- Crosby, Ovechkin and a whole slew of stars don't come to terms after their first deals are done, I understand this is the cap era, but this is highly unrealistic, so after their 3 year entry level deals are up they become UFA's are sign elsewhere.

Last edited by skoch; 03-11-2019 at 09:53 AM.
skoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:20 AM   #17
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoch View Post
A few things (glitches) I noticed (all in historical mode)

- The NHL team logos don't match the year they were used, or aren't created at all, which forces me to create my own and drop them into the background files which is kind of annoying.(No Atlanta Thrashers logo for example)
We're limited to the historical NHL logos the NHL provides us with. There are some team omissions that are a little strange, and they're by no means complete for the teams that are represented, forcing us to be a little creative with the dates in some cases to cover years where the correct logo isn't available.

Quote:
- The option to start on July 1st doesn't work properly. I'm assuming this was made to enable the ability to sign the UFA's you wanted, avoiding the free agents the team may have added and the ability to take control of the off season trades after July 1st. For example, Chris Pronger was traded on July 3rd from the Oilers, but he's already been dealt if you start on July 1 in the game. In theory this would be a great option, but it isn't accurate. There were many examples of free agents that were added after July 1, also appear on the July 1 start.
Starting historical rosters will always be the season-start rosters, even if the game starts on July 1 (and the same goes for current/opening night rosters in a standard game, those won't change either). The July 1 start is mainly intended as an option to enable league expansion/editing at the beginning of the game, not a starting point with all the roster moves after that date undone - that'd require a complete, accurately-dated transaction history for all players, which we don't have and would be a big project to implement.

Quote:
- McDavid's first season he as a 1 year deal and does not wish to even discuss any extension and wants to hit the open market (that is his decision at the start of the game, does his mind change as the season goes on?)

- Crosby, Ovechkin and a whole slew of stars don't come to terms after their first deals are done, I understand this is the cap era, but this is highly unrealistic, so after their 3 year entry level deals are up they become UFA's are sign elsewhere.
It looks like the game isn't handling starting contracts properly in the years where the ELC rule is in place, we'll see if we can get that fixed in the next update.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:25 AM   #18
skoch
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for the quick reply Jeff, I figured the logos wasn't on your end, but being officially sponsored by the NHL it's odd you don't receive the entire library, but then again if I remember correctly some past NHL team logos were trademarked strictly by the clubs themselves.

So if we start a game on July 1 we will be able to hop into an expansion teams draft immediately? (and pick our own players)
skoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:52 AM   #19
jh95
All Star Starter

Normal Game - Issue With Offer Sheets

It seems that a team tendering an offer sheet to a player does not check if it has the available compensation draft picks.

Example:
Atlanta signs W. Nylander to an offer sheet.
I do not match the offer and receive a 1st and a 3rd round pick in 2019.

The next day Atlanto signs N. Ritchie to an offer sheet.
I do not match again and I should receive a 3rd round pick in 2019.
I do not/cannot get the 3rd round pick as Atlanta already lost the pick in the W. Nylander offer sheet.

How I ran into this:
Use "Opending Day" rosters and expand league via Expansion Draft and take over this team.
Add two teams to the NHL via "League Structure" (here: Atlanta & Quebec which do not have any players under contract).
Execute Expansion draft and take Nylander and Ritchie.
Sim two or three days and this might happen.
jh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:50 AM   #20
JeffR
FHM Producer

We'll have a look at that, it's supposed to be preventing the offer from being made if the team doesn't have the available picks. But I'm wondering in this case if it may be a timing issue with the two signing attempts being very close together.