Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:44 PM   #1
BradS
Minors (Double A)

Calling your own plays

As it is now you call set plays. Every player's assignment is set. Could the game be opened up where you call a "set" play but have the option to alter individual players assignments on the fly. Say have Rbs stay in and max-protect instead of going out for a pass. Move the tightend to the other side and run to that side of the ball. Have your best RB/ receiver shift from backfield to a slot position.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:01 AM   #2
BradS
Minors (Double A)

Apply this concept to your players on defense and get a true chess match for coaches.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:11 AM   #3
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

Or even add a feature where your QB will sometimes audible out and call his own play
Old 02-13-2019, 10:23 PM   #4
christophermichaels
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox000 View Post
Or even add a feature where your QB will sometimes audible out and call his own play

Exactly. In its current form, this game is broken because of the play-calling. While literally everything else is at a satisfactory or better level, the play-calling leaves so much to be desired. I'm almost better off just letting the computer play the game, leaving me to act as the GM only.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:21 AM   #5
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanstephans View Post
Exactly. In its current form, this game is broken because of the play-calling. While literally everything else is at a satisfactory or better level, the play-calling leaves so much to be desired. I'm almost better off just letting the computer play the game, leaving me to act as the GM only.

Seriously,you can build your own GPs play by play on offense and do just about everything you want? Defensive play calling is not good I agree.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:01 AM   #6
christophermichaels
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post
Seriously,you can build your own GPs play by play on offense and do just about everything you want? Defensive play calling is not good I agree.
I do build my own gameplans. And it’s still too reliant on “hidden” factors that determine the outcome of the play. Of course, the hidden factor I’m referring to is the weight of the linemen, backs, receivers, etc—which may be the most overblown piece in this game. And before people say that the weight matters...only to a fine point. Skill and athleticism far outlift weight IRL and it’s simply an odd addition to use as a hidden factor.

Another hidden factor that is particularly dumb is the way that your play is wasted by a pre-snap penalty, thus allowing the defense to “recognize” said play if it’s used again, even though the play never happened because of the pre-snap penalty. This is so untrue to RL because all you’re giving away IRL is the formation. The defense would have to guess what you’re running based on formation and package anyway. A pre-snap penalty doesn’t give the defense some additional advantage beyond knowing I came out in 11 personnel.

And for the record, I have created a team-specific playbook that I tested with the Chiefs. I wrote about it and posted it on the FOF-specific forums. And I create weekly gameplans that are successful enough but leave something to be desired in how the game functions on the play-calling screen.