Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:19 PM   #1
ldin
Bat Boy

bugs

I am sorry but I probably don't understand how this game works. A few months ago I informed the team about some bug when the news messages are missing after uploading the savegame. I've been informed that this is solved with the new patch. New patch has been relelased and this problem is still there. There was also an issue with the situation when some news message is changed automatically for another one after the game is saved and loaded again - for example an information that my player is healed from injury is changed for an information that Sidney Crosby had a good game (why???)...how the hell is it possible? I always thought that when the game is saved it is saved with some informations or parameters and it could not be changed somehow....We appreciate the work of the team but this game is still full of bugs. I simply don't understand why this game is not released later for example and free of bugs. Currently we still have same bugs which are repeatedly the same after each update. It is really questionable if the game is worth of the money if is still in this state. I hope that the team will take this into account for future releases.
ldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:51 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Are you continuing a save that was started before the last update? It sounds like there may be a serious problem with the news files in that save that's continuing to create problems even though the issues with news loading were fixed. If that's the case, you may want to try deleting the files labeled db_news (there'll be 1-3 of them) from the save folder. That'll cause all the previous messages to be empty when you look at them, but should result in all new messages being OK.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:11 AM   #3
ldin
Bat Boy

No my game was started after the last update.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:39 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

OK, must be something else. Could you upload the save (uploading instructions here) and we'll try to figure out why it's happening in your game?
Old 12-14-2018, 07:51 AM   #5
ldin
Bat Boy

uploaded. Name is jyvaskylla.rar.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:02 PM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanks. There are some very strange things going on with that save - even if I delete every message and message-related file and let the game generate new ones, any new messages are gone when I reload, as you described. There's also something going wrong with the rosters in at least one nonplayable league that'll lead to a crash within a few days after the date of this save. We're going to have to dig into this and see exactly what is broken in there and how it happened.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:57 PM   #7
ldin
Bat Boy

Strange. I hope you will able to find some solution and fix this finally at the end. Thanks.