Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 10 > FHM Mods

FHM Mods This is the place to check for mods for both FHM10 and previous versions.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:31 PM   #1
Infinite_Jester54
Minors (Single A)

Updated Current Player Photos?

Does anyone have a download for a photo pack for the current NHL and other league players? The pack I've been using since FHM 3 is starting to miss too many players, so I figured I'd see if a more up-to-date pack is available. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Infinite_Jester54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 04:36 AM   #2
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Are you using the pack I posted here?

I could upload an updated version of that pack if you want. But there's not all too much of a change, just the version of the pack I'm using myself now. Some more players and fixes.

But I can offer you to request certain players here.
If they aren't inside the pack I'd need 'em myself, so...
sk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 09:22 AM   #3
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Ok here's a link for the most current version of the Mugshot Package

>> https://mega.nz/#!HcERSC7Y!zSI7HtJV-...O896vLzxWccjsE

Like I said before, if you're missing players you can request them here.
But be aware that not even the big sports websites have fully updated their player photos for the new season yet.

If you need photos for players that were generated by the game: I once posted a pack of 100 no name photos in this thread
Those are ready to use, you just have the rename the files.
Here's the download link for that pack

>> https://mega.nz/#!6VM0BSaR!BGq8WRppT...lawHgNTX17Kztw

Old 10-27-2018, 05:26 PM   #4
Infinite_Jester54
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk78 View Post
Ok here's a link for the most current version of the Mugshot Package

>> https://mega.nz/#!HcERSC7Y!zSI7HtJV-...O896vLzxWccjsE

Like I said before, if you're missing players you can request them here.
But be aware that not even the big sports websites have fully updated their player photos for the new season yet.

If you need photos for players that were generated by the game: I once posted a pack of 100 no name photos in this thread
Those are ready to use, you just have the rename the files.
Here's the download link for that pack

>> https://mega.nz/#!6VM0BSaR!BGq8WRppT...lawHgNTX17Kztw

Dude, thanks! Your photo pack is what I've been using, and I really think it adds a lot to the gameplay experience! So thanks for all of your work putting it together!

The main player that I had noticed was Manson of the Ducks. Is there a method that you use to get the pictures ready to use in game? If so, I would be happy to use it for any players who I have photos of, and then could share them as well. Happy to help out!
Old 10-28-2018, 05:28 AM   #5
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Jester54 View Post
... Manson of the Ducks ...
Hmm, Josh Manson is in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Jester54 View Post
... a method that you use to get the pictures ready to use in game? ...
For established NHL players it's pretty easy.
Most essential thing you need is a photo software that can handle the transparent background. Of course there's PhotoShop, but I'm using freeware, gimp or krita
Krita might be a bit more user friendly for a first time user, but I'm so used to gimp that I'm using it 90%. And I'm sure there's other software, depending on your OS.

You go to a sports website that uses player photos with transparent background, for example ESPN, Josh Manson >> http://www.espn.com/nhl/player/_/id/2590829
Grab that pic and throw it into gimp/krita/whatever. ESPN uses pics sized 350 x 254 px. For usage in FHM pics have to be 170 x 154. You can't just change the overall size of the pic, because of the wrong aspect ratio. Otherwise you'd get a very squeezed looking Mr. Manson.
There are different methods, but I'm usually changing the size of the canvas (the transparent background) to something with the correct aspect ratio, in this case I'd use 350 x 317 px. Then you can cut the pic (using the same aspect ratio) how you need it. Afterwards I'm removing leftovers of the jersey and do some cosmetics if needed.
Finally you can resize the pic to 170 x 154 px without squeezing it, since you already got the correct aspect ratio. Done.

Players you can't find pics with transparent background certainly require more effort.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:39 PM   #6
Infinite_Jester54
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for this! I'm now seeing that I was just missing the Manson picture: sometimes I'm exceedingly stupid!

And thanks for the info here. I think I might have to try this out... I'm a big Ducks/Hawks fan (I've lived in those two cities, I'm not just a terrible person haha), so i might try to track down pictures of some of the young bucks on those two teams and get them to work. If this isn't an utter disaster, I'll plan to share a Ducks/Hawks photo pack on the forum!

Thanks again!
Old 10-30-2018, 08:22 AM   #7
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

I don't wanna ruin your opportunity to test out how this is done lol
But I made pics for some players of the Anaheim depth chart (Kiefer Sherwood, Justin Ducharme, Simon Benoît, Hunter Drew, Scott Moldenhauer, Lukáš Dostál, Jack Badini, Blake McLaughlin, Jack Perbix, Roman Durný). Attached inside the zip file.

I still don't have FHM5, so I have no idea which players appear inside the game and if I named them correctly.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ducks-Depth.zip (358.1 KB, 149 views)