Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2015, 11:40 AM   #841
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

In fictional leagues.... is there no way to expand with a farm team?

As I understand it, there are 4 expansions? right? ... So, 2 really.. since 2 would be the farm team? as 4 expansions in the major league would make 4 teams without a farm system??? Is this right? This is what I think I saw

thanks
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:43 AM   #842
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Fictional Leagues can expand but the minors can't. The limit is 2 teams per expansion up to 36 teams.

I don't know what happens if you start with 7,9,21 or 27 teams because they are odd numbered Leagues and at one point it would either be one team short or one team more than 36 teams.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 10-16-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 12:51 PM   #843
brent_dog
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I'm talking Gretzky-Lemieux-Orr level high, it'll mainly come up in historical games (although it also looks like I need to figure out a way to make the occasional generational-type player like that a little more frequent in the modern game.)
Ok, so on this basis, the most a player could hope to advance in 5 years (acting on the assumption he gains a stat point every month of the year) is 60 stat points? That doesn't seem like a lot when some top draft picks start way down on their stats to begin with
brent_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 01:45 PM   #844
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdummie View Post
I looked for a different forum as my question went unanswered, but not sure if there is one for this issue. If someone can advise, I would appreciate it. Thanks
Be sure you are sending a file on the proper game date (ie. if your league is on Jan. 10 but you are still working on the file from Jan. 7 you might get that error message. Also be sure you are on the same version.. I don't think that would cause an issue, but worth ensuring anyway.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 01:58 PM   #845
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

Thank You for the advice. I will start checking and hopefully figure it out. Thanks again
Bigdummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 03:00 PM   #846
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent_dog View Post
Ok, so on this basis, the most a player could hope to advance in 5 years (acting on the assumption he gains a stat point every month of the year) is 60 stat points? That doesn't seem like a lot when some top draft picks start way down on their stats to begin with
No, 60 points in each of the attribute categories (although effectively it would never be that much, that would be an enormous rate of increase and there are various factors restricting the growth of certain attributes.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:49 PM   #847
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Is there any plans, in any of the upcoming patches, to include an "unretire" button like in OOTP?

I just had my captain retire at 38 after an excellent season and with another year on his contract. Jagr scored over 20 goals for the Panthers then hung'em up.

I loved, in OOTP, unretiring veterans and having them catch on somewhere else, sometimes seeing them string a couple of more seasons together.

Any chance this option will come to FHM2?
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:59 PM   #848
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrisrox View Post
Is there any plans, in any of the upcoming patches, to include an "unretire" button like in OOTP?

I just had my captain retire at 38 after an excellent season and with another year on his contract. Jagr scored over 20 goals for the Panthers then hung'em up.

I loved, in OOTP, unretiring veterans and having them catch on somewhere else, sometimes seeing them string a couple of more seasons together.

Any chance this option will come to FHM2?
Wouldn't be super-high on the priority list for additions, but it's theoretically possible. There are probably a few implications we'd need to think over to make sure everything that happens to a player's record when he retires is undone properly.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:31 PM   #849
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Some of my Free-Agents aren’t coming RFA's like Sam Seel and so on?
Old 10-16-2015, 09:36 PM   #850
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
some of my free-agents aren’t coming rfa's like sam seel and so on?
? ? ?

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 12:11 AM   #851
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

Sorry if this has been asked but I didn't notice it anywhere.. but on the schedule screen, if I click on "view" for one of the games, is there a way on the next screen to go back??? Only way I see to proceed is to click on "continue to game" so hoping there was a way to go back from viewing a scheduled game without having to actually go into the game (Hope this makes sense what im asking!)
truebatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 01:18 AM   #852
greenOak
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
No, 60 points in each of the attribute categories (although effectively it would never be that much, that would be an enormous rate of increase and there are various factors restricting the growth of certain attributes.)
Okay so I'm confused now. All my development reports look like this:

A player gets a stat increase of 1 in a particular attribute. From reading the manual, I thought this was how development was supposed to work. From what you are saying, it sounds like the development should resemble more of what it did in FHM1. Like this:

Where players can increase attributes at a rate of 1 per month, but multiple attributes can be increased in a month.

Last edited by greenOak; 10-17-2015 at 01:20 AM.
greenOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 03:59 AM   #853
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenOak View Post
A player gets a stat increase of 1 in a particular attribute. From reading the manual, I thought this was how development was supposed to work. From what you are saying, it sounds like the development should resemble more of what it did in FHM1. Like this:

Where players can increase attributes at a rate of 1 per month, but multiple attributes can be increased in a month.
Yes, it's possible to get more than one attribute increasing per month. See the attached pictures of Gretzky, one year apart. If you total the increases, his attributes have improved by 19 points total, i.e. several months had more than one attribute increasing. Because each category has a different improvement rate, and those rates can be fairly different, it may take several months for them to overlap so you see two (or more) increases in a single month.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 10-17-2015, 04:00 AM   #854
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebatman View Post
Sorry if this has been asked but I didn't notice it anywhere.. but on the schedule screen, if I click on "view" for one of the games, is there a way on the next screen to go back??? Only way I see to proceed is to click on "continue to game" so hoping there was a way to go back from viewing a scheduled game without having to actually go into the game (Hope this makes sense what im asking!)
Not right now, once you've clicked view you have to continue through to the end of the game.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:56 AM   #855
DWK
All Star Reserve

I'm sorry if this was asked before, in a online league is there anyway to keep e-mails that have been read and deleted from coming back after the next sim?
DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 08:05 AM   #856
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

What is the easiest way to see how much cap space you have? Everything I've come across is based against a "Team Salary Cap" which is higher than the league cap
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 04:46 PM   #857
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
What is the easiest way to see how much cap space you have? Everything I've come across is based against a "Team Salary Cap" which is higher than the league cap
The team salary cap will adjust during the season (based on unused cap space you've accumulated) to show you exactly how much salary you can take on for the rest of the year. If you want to see how much room you'll have available in future seasons, the Salary Obligations screen will show that.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:49 PM   #858
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Where can I see my shortlist?
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 04:55 AM   #859
gmarko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I don't get this. In my game Carolina has first signed and then waived and released all of their 2016 picks. And players like Lazar and Rasmus Andersson getting waived on their ELC's...
gmarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 08:43 AM   #860
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Pekka Rinne got traded to the canucks in my save. His salary is $7M for the next 2 seasons however his cap his is $1.130M. Why would his cap hit get lowered like that?
Attached Images
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote