Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #701
Mets Man
Major Leagues

Nevermind, I made a mistake on a bug

Last edited by Mets Man; 04-30-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Mets Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #702
VarlosZ
Minors (Rookie Ball)

With a small percentage of free agents, toggling between your team's scout and OSA will change the player's contract demands. This guy, for instance, goes from wanting $720,000 to being willing to take a minor league deal.
Attached Images
Image Image 
VarlosZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:24 AM   #703
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

First sorry if this was already reported, but I have some major internet trouble and I can't read the thread

Never happen to me untill the last patch. If you check the screen capture you will notice that the P position had disapear from the scroll bar to be replaced by a --. If I start the game it crash when my team go on the field and I'm sure it's because no one is set at the pitcher position. An easy solution is to let the AI do the substitution at the game start and take back the control, but it's not practical... BTW I've encounter some other crash since the last patch but I can't find a reason why
Attached Images
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #704
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarlosZ View Post
With a small percentage of free agents, toggling between your team's scout and OSA will change the player's contract demands. This guy, for instance, goes from wanting $720,000 to being willing to take a minor league deal.
Hmm...that's an odd one and interesting. Thanks for pointing that one out. Does his response alter as well? With the ML demand will he take a minor league offer? With no ML demand, does he actually ask for one anyway when you go to the offer screen?
Old 05-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #705
stevew
Minors (Double A)

Hey-Commish here.
I'm trying to download exports from our league(first time) and it always crashes the game, no matter what.
The game is on the first day of the default file. It's possible that I don't understand how to follow the owner addition process, but I can't find details for this. I'd assume that you add an owner, then update data on server, then update league file. But I don't know.

Would it crash the game if someone exported from, say, version 3 of a league file on Mar 27 if we are now on version 6 of the league file on mar 27. I was going to attempt to advance one day and then have everyone re-Export. Don't know if that would work or not.

Last edited by stevew; 05-01-2012 at 01:06 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #706
jjmjgnx
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmjgnx View Post
When starting a Major League game in the History section of the league it lists all the champions correctly, but when I click on the New York Yankees, they're history doesn't list any records for 2009, 2010 and 2011. I just finished 2012 and they the World Series, but only list 27 titles, when it should be 28. Also 2012 the Yankees won the wild card and list their finish as 1st. The Rays won the division and their place is 0th. The standing the NL East have Atlanta with 99 wins, Philly with 94 and Washington with 88 and they're all listed as tied for 1st. Looks like a buig with the new wild card format or wild cards in general.
The Yankees history bug was not resolved. The standings issue is fixed. How can I edit the DAT file to fix this?
jjmjgnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #707
McMousey
Minors (Single A)

Linux version 13.3.9

Under the League Home Page the news stories on the left side of the screen don't have words wrapped. The entire paragraph is one line, which gets cut off once it reaches the end of the section
McMousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #708
EagleFan
Minors (Single A)

Have there been issues with warming up relievers while managing a game? Just managed my first (had been simming everything) and had 2 relievers start to warm up in the top of the 7th. I planned on putting one in for the 8th. They were still Cold in the 9th. Finally had to put one in because I had pinch hit for my pitcher in the bottom of the 8th. First one got shelled. Then went to put the second in and he was still Cold.

Is this a bug that others have seen, or am I missing a setting somewhere?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #709
VarlosZ
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Hmm...that's an odd one and interesting. Thanks for pointing that one out. Does his response alter as well? With the ML demand will he take a minor league offer? With no ML demand, does he actually ask for one anyway when you go to the offer screen?
Yep, the demand actually changes. My original screen-grab guy got signed by someone, but this Catcher is in exactly the same boat, toggling between a minor league deal and wanting $720,000, with a similar jump in ratings from my scout. (So far, I've only noticed toggling between those two amounts, or between about $1M and $1.5M.)
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #710
VarlosZ
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Found two more that I don't think have been reported:

1) This is my first offseason, so I've only noticed it once, but it looks like I'm not getting email notifications when a coach I've made an offer to receives a better offer from someone else, and sometimes I don't receive an email when a coach accepts my offer (though sometimes I do). Early this offseason I got a "Yes" in my mailbox from Theo Epstein to be my GM, but after that a bunch of my other offers to coaches/trainers were accepted, and two were bested by other teams, but I only ever found out about any of that because I happened to look at the pending offers page.

2) On the screen showing pending offers to personnel, multiple offers to the same coach show up on the screen, and sometimes the same offer shows up multiple times.

For example, below, I offered $210K to PC Joe Keener sometime in November. Shortly after that someone bested my offer (w/ no email notification), so on 12/03/12 I raised my offer to $310K. The latter offer shows up as it should, but after that the old $210K offer also shows up (in this case, multiple times), and every so often the game will change the date on the old offer to the current day.

This seems to be just a cosmetic issue: the coach still responds appropriately to the highest offer, and when he signs all the old offers vanish.
Attached Images
Old 05-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #711
henry296
All Star Reserve

This might be related to the first screen shots on this page, but the ratings on the Transactions Page are different than on the Player Card for the same scout. In one place it says Gap Power = 8 and player cards = 4.
henry296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #712
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

Player release finance calculation error

When you release a player with an option year the buyout cost is not subtracted from the cost of the release. I believe it should always be applied regardless of the type of contract option (player/team/vesting).

Currently this is a pretty big contract loophole where a team can heavily back-load the option years and not risk being penalized with the buyout cost of those seasons if they decide to release the player.

Edit: It looks like this is not a game finance miscalculation after all - thx VarlosZ.

Last edited by Killebrew; 05-03-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #713
VarlosZ
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killebrew View Post
When you release a player with an option year the buyout cost is not subtracted from the cost of the release. I believe it should always be applied regardless of the type of contract option (player/team/vesting).
This worked properly for me the one time I did it (with one year left then a team option). Player costs increased by the player's upcoming salary, plus the buyout amount for the final season.

ETA: At least, the popup/warning announced the correct amount; I didn't go to the finances page to check.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #714
Tired
Bat Boy

Players will often have no backup on the depth chart, and just keep playing as they get exhausted and fall down to 0% and get hurt, all the while putting up poor numbers because they are so tired.

This happens in both the minor and major leagues. You can see a major league example in this thread http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...l-way-0-a.html

You can manage your entire organization yourself, but that doesn't stop all of the AI teams from doing this, which means you either have an advantage over the AI or you have guys needlessly getting hurt.

This has been in the game for several versions now. It probably does not get noticed in fictional leagues due to players having more ratings at more positions. But there needs to be some kind of fix; this happens to multiple players in EACH organization EVERY season. And by happens, I mean all the way down to 0% due to where the off days happen to be, unlike the two screenshots. Examples like the two screenshots are many times more often than the all the way to 0%.

Please just fix this by just making the AI rest a player (regardless of the defensive ratings of the guys on the bench) when he is below a certain % level, rather than approaching it from a different angle. Keep it simple so that it is stomped out completely, rather than complications like a guy having to wait to get rested because his primary backup is the primary backup at all 8 other positions or something like that, which happens. Or messing with roster management by requiring backups at every position. You could go the requiring backups route, but it seems it would create a lot of headaches.

And please, by all means, if you don't believe me or think this is rarer than I make it out to be, tell me how I can help show you that it is not. I have NEVER made it through a season, playing out of the box no adjustments MLB league, without having multiple guys in my organization go all the way down to 0% when I have the AI manage minor league lineups and depth charts, promotions and demotions, AND minor league signings and releases. And this happens the exact same extent with all AI managed rosters in ALL organizations, even in the big leagues. It even happens with ghost players enabled, though to a different extent, like if the backup listed is injured.

Last edited by Tired; 05-03-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Tired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #715
Tired
Bat Boy

And while we're at it, this practice of listing the player's state by the first three letters of the state is really annoying and renders it useless in the case of states that begin with New, North, or South. It also makes it hard to tell with some of the other abbreviations, even, because they aren't the standard abbreviations.

And you can't even click on the state listing on the player profile to clarify. To my knowledge, there is no way to clarify outside of the editor. Please either list the full state, or find lists of the official, unique abbreviations some place like Wikipedia, and use those.
Tired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #716
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

Re: When you release a player with an option year the buyout cost is not subtracted from the cost of the release. I believe it should always be applied regardless of the type of contract option (player/team/vesting).
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarlosZ View Post
This worked properly for me the one time I did it (with one year left then a team option). Player costs increased by the player's upcoming salary, plus the buyout amount for the final season.

ETA: At least, the popup/warning announced the correct amount; I didn't go to the finances page to check.
I must have based my test on a player option buyout, which is ignored by the game when you release the player. I just double checked a few team option with buyout scenarios and the game works exactly as you describe - full buyout amounts are paid upon player release.

Regarding those player option year buy outs: The way the game works now (ignoring player option buyout numbers) might be the correct way to deal with these. Is the buyout for a player option always going to be the full amount of that player option year contract? That makes sense anyway and is how OOTP13 works now.

Thanks for the reply.
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #717
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Have there been issues with warming up relievers while managing a game? Just managed my first (had been simming everything) and had 2 relievers start to warm up in the top of the 7th. I planned on putting one in for the 8th. They were still Cold in the 9th. Finally had to put one in because I had pinch hit for my pitcher in the bottom of the 8th. First one got shelled. Then went to put the second in and he was still Cold.

Is this a bug that others have seen, or am I missing a setting somewhere?
This issue was reported before, but Markus was unable to reproduce it. I'll have him look into it again.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #718
cfgenesis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Base stealing bug

I am in a historical season on 1986 with Tim Raines and his 18 Speed and 20 Stealing ratings, yet his stats on the season so far are 13 steals and 16 caught stealing! I never try to steal unless the pitcher has a Hold Runners rating at least 5 points lower AND the catcher has an arm rating at least 5 points lower than the baserunner, but I am still constantly getting thrown out. Is this a bug or is there some trick to base stealing that I don't get?
cfgenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #719
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
First sorry if this was already reported, but I have some major internet trouble and I can't read the thread

Never happen to me untill the last patch. If you check the screen capture you will notice that the P position had disapear from the scroll bar to be replaced by a --. If I start the game it crash when my team go on the field and I'm sure it's because no one is set at the pitcher position. An easy solution is to let the AI do the substitution at the game start and take back the control, but it's not practical... BTW I've encounter some other crash since the last patch but I can't find a reason why
I reported this crash. But I certainly have not been able to reproduce it. I use real lineups and transactions in my current league. And I can replace players, including the pitcher, before the game without a problem. Please note: there should be no "P" in the dropdown menu. So, this is NOT the reason for your crash. I would suggest that you send your league files to Markus. Please follow the instructions at this link:

How to FTP files to OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #720
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for your reply. I have deleted the league as it didn't worked after I returned pre-patch. Weird that you can't reproduce it as every league I've created after the last patch did this to me...

You're right we don't see the P in the drop down menu, in fact the picher isn't supposed to be there before starting the game (with the patch he is there as you can see in my screencapture).
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote