Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #501
ootp11.5
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mets Man View Post
More aesthetic stuff:

This news message is cut off at the bottom and there is no way to scroll down further:

This happens in OOTP12 too. You can sometimes read the full story by going to that player's page and seeing news items involving player....doesnt always work though.
ootp11.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #502
endgame
Hall Of Famer

The easiest way to see the whole story in that instance is to click the Facebook button and the text only will appear in the next page, preparing your submission. Then you can read it, copy and paste any portion of it to histories if you like, continue to Facebook or simply return to your screen.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #503
GoCanes
Minors (Single A)

expansion problem with dynamic options

Possible bug with the dynamic league options. I have had two different leagues expand with both expansion teams coming from the same city and in one case the city already had a team. All these expansions were the third expansion or later.

League set-up for both:
Fictional with two leagues one division each with all levels of minors.
regional set to USA & CANADA: All of USA + Canada
league nation set to United States
All dynamic options selected
Automatically import real historical rookies
Use random rookies from all eras
Allow ghost players selected.
Rookie Draft originally set up for 5 rounds with players generated for 6 rounds, but after the league started the number of rounds was changed to 10 (this was so to ensure that all players in the draft pools were drafted) and was also changed to December 15th of each year.

All default options selected expect as follows:
the Automatically adjust league totals
automatically control in-game engine
automatically import historical players-creation modifiers
automatically import financial modifiers
all have been unchecked

Started both leagues in 1900 and adjusted financial and player creation modifers to 1977 settings.

All the times the leagues expanded both teams in the same city they were cities in Canada.

Let me know if you need to know anything else.

Billy Cassell
GoCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #504
hopeful1212
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
I've been using the Linux version of the game. I've started it up a few times since downloading it and those times it went well. Went to start it up today and now it's suddenly the demo version of the game. I checked the hidden file in ~ and there's a file there that contains the license info and it seems to be correct. Do I just re-enter it or will that cause problems with authenticating?
Ugh, I'm on Linux and I'm getting this now too. Didn't happen prior to 13.2.6 for me. I had all kinds of problems with this on 12 too. Almost every time I started the game I had to enter my license. I re-entered my license code so many times that it eventually locked me out of the game completely. I contacted PISD and they unlocked it, but I did learn to always release the license first (bottom right option I think), and then re-license the game. I guess that's what I'm doing with 13 now too...
hopeful1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #505
Bleacherboy
Bat Boy

Simulated through my first season fine, but am having troubles with the playoffs.

Before the season started, I disabled the playoff roster rule for my league, now that the regular season is over, all qualifying teams have empty playoff rosters and show no players as qualified for the playoff rosters. I try to play/simulate the games and get an "Illegal Roster" error message...I try to run auto manager/AI on the teams but it will not populate the rosters -- I try to take over the teams and manually populate the rosters but the game deems every player ineligible.

I tried to go back to the league setup and re-engage playoff roster rules in the hope that this would solve it, but that option no longer seems available.

Is there some setting that I am overlooking (I'm an OOTP vet, don't think it's a noobie issue) or is there some workaround so that I can simulate the playoffs and move on? I spent a lot of time on wheeling-dealing and drafting in this season and don't want to lose all of the moves.

Thanks.
Bleacherboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #506
DUBBOH11
Minors (Double A)

I am trying to set up and association between 8 leagues and overtime I go to set up the playoffs and choose which teams get in it crashes when I hit confirm.
The playoff options such as champions qualify and two team seem to work ok. Thoughts?
DUBBOH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #507
Papa Red
Bat Boy

13.2.6 Windows

The <report>-<open report> (lower right button) on the Pitching Staff and Lineup & Depth screens (others not checked) does not handle column sorts correctly. When selecting a column to sort on it looks like the numbers are treated as text or general rather than numbers in the sort.

Thanks,
Red
Papa Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #508
milkman41
Minors (Single A)

I'm having an issue where the game keeps crashing every time I try to load the offseason center screen. It keeps getting to the same player (while its loading the screen, it runs through a bunch of player's names), and then it crashes. I've tried simming ahead a day and trying again, and it still crashes. Anybody seen anything similar?
milkman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #509
henry296
All Star Reserve

I probably should've posted this year instead of General Discussions. Sometimes during Real Time Simulation the scores don't match what is in the Scoring updates section. Please look at the scores of the Arizona / Chicago game in the screnshot in this link:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...g-updates.html
henry296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #510
HercMighty
Minors (Double A)

Entering Games with RealTime enabled

I usually play out games but have noticed something with the real time mode and don't know if I am doing something wrong, and also think a feature needs to be added.

1. With realtime mode enabled it seems like you don't get the option screen before the game. I noticed this because I wanted to disable the warmup rule but when I selected enter game from the play button it went straight to the game.

2. If you let the time of the game come up on its own it starts playing out the game automatically. Should be an option on the live scores page to tell it your going to want to play it out and maybe cut to the live scores page when the game becomes available. Maybe have the traditional Play and Manage choice, where play will just play it out or manage enters the setup screen.

If I got something wrong, would love to hear some tips.
HercMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #511
milkman41
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman41 View Post
I'm having an issue where the game keeps crashing every time I try to load the offseason center screen. It keeps getting to the same player (while its loading the screen, it runs through a bunch of player's names), and then it crashes. I've tried simming ahead a day and trying again, and it still crashes. Anybody seen anything similar?
I have an update - I simmed ahead a few days and I still get the crash, but now it happens while loading a different player.
milkman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #512
Gixugif
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Not *entirely* sure that this is a bug, but in OOTP13 on Win7, during RTS it seems like there's supposed to be a box for keeping track of my teams score in the upper right corner. In fact, in flashes there briefly from time to time, but most of the time it's blank. The rest of the Score Update Ticker works fine though
Gixugif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #513
ootp11.5
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Alexander View Post
In previous versions there was one MAJOR bug that still seems to be present in version 13: Pinch hitters are absolutely inept. I have played out one month of the season managing the Cardinals and my pinch hitters are 0 for 22 with 2 BB and 13 K's. Short sample size perhaps but still.

Let me first explain how I play the game:

1. I always use the major league quickstart.
2. I use default settings.
3. I play out all my games.
4. I use the warm-up rule (for relievers)

Over the past 2 versions (11 & 12) of the game I have played out at least half a dozen NL seasons like this and I have had this problem every single time. I have seen threads before where people complained about pinch hitting but only fleetingly and without examples or screenshots (Although offcourse it is entirely possible that there have been threads like this and I missed them)

Below you'll find an example of my pinch hitting woes. This is from version 11 managing the Braves in the MLB quickstart.
When you add it all up that's 22 for 191 with 13 BB and 71 K's. Combined they produced the following batting line: .115 AVG, .164 OBP, .178 SLG. That's an .342 OPS. (Omar Infante is by the way by far the best pinch hitter I have ever seen in the game.)
At the same time my pitchers went 58 for 327 with 24 BB and 97 SO. Combined they produced the following batting line: .177 AVG, .234 OBP, .229 SLG. That's an .463 OPS.

This is just one example but this happens every single time I play out a season. This performance of the pich hitters is clearly completely unrealistic, they're even being outhit by my pitchers by a mile. This of course is ruining the immersion factor. Every time I pinch hit for a pitcher I expect them to fail and they ussualy do. (at least they are consistent).
It's gotten to the point where I use an unrealistic amount of double switches to avoid having to use pinch hitters (without knowing if this actually helps).

Do players who play the game just like me have simmilar experiences? Do player who play the game differently have different experiences?
One theory I have is it might be caused by the warm-up rule. Could it be that the game considers all players, and not just pitchers, entering the game to be cold therefor hurting their performance? AI pinch hitters seem to be performing normally. At least that is my impression. Do players who play the game the same way as myself but do not use the warm-up rule have normal performances from their pinch hitters?
Not sure if this is at all helpful, but I play out all my games too..not exactly as u do. I make the computer pitch every pitch against my batters , but when I pitch I use the one pitch method. So I do become immersed in the hitting more than the pitching. To be honest, I have found the pinch hitting to be fine but it is very situational ie. If i sit out a good player because he bats left and we are facing a lefty..if near the late innings they have put in a righty to pitch I then sub that usual starter in as a pinch hitter. Ive had what I think are fair and accurate results. Guess it depends on the hitter. I dont have a pure pinch hitter per se. Not sure if any of what I have said is at all helpful, just giving you an idea of how I play and what results I get.
ootp11.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #514
ovccsteve
All Star Reserve

Minor League Report Failing

Updated to new version and now the Minor League System Report gives no suggestions at all, just lists the players at every level. I promoted a guy from Rookie Ball to AAA and it didn't suggest demoting him, or any other recommendations. Playing on a PC, on Day 2 of the regular season.
ovccsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #515
Tickkid
Minors (Single A)

I'm on 13.2.6 - and when I got to make a fictional league - every time I randomize team cities - I get New York and the Bronx every time, sometimes in 4 or 5 team spaces.
Tickkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #516
jjmjgnx
Minors (Rookie Ball)

History Bug

When starting a Major League game in the History section of the league it lists all the champions correctly, but when I click on the New York Yankees, they're history doesn't list any records for 2009, 2010 and 2011. I just finished 2012 and they the World Series, but only list 27 titles, when it should be 28. Also 2012 the Yankees won the wild card and list their finish as 1st. The Rays won the division and their place is 0th. The standing the NL East have Atlanta with 99 wins, Philly with 94 and Washington with 88 and they're all listed as tied for 1st. Looks like a buig with the new wild card format or wild cards in general.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by jjmjgnx; 04-12-2012 at 10:31 PM.
jjmjgnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #517
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

This (the NYY history) will be fixed in the next patch (as per Markus).
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #518
OutfieldGrass
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovccsteve View Post
Updated to new version and now the Minor League System Report gives no suggestions at all, just lists the players at every level. I promoted a guy from Rookie Ball to AAA and it didn't suggest demoting him, or any other recommendations. Playing on a PC, on Day 2 of the regular season.
I imported a league into OOTP13 and for the first 2-3 days I had no recommendations on the minor league report and thought something was wrong. Took a few days but they showed up.
OutfieldGrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #519
LordTC
Major Leagues

Latest Patch and DB Corruption

Ever since installing the latest patch my databases have been corrupted. I can't save games without the game crashing without saving, I can't start new games either generic or custom, and I don't see any options to rollback.
LordTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:01 AM   #520
Papa Red
Bat Boy

13.2.6 Windows

Something is wrong with the <Team Menu> - <Edit Colors and Uniform> page. Selecting colors off the pallet don't show in the preview until you've regenerated the affected uniform.

Also, when holding the left mouse cursor down on the Select Color pallet causes the Saturation to continually decrease to zero, is this intended? It's frustrating when trying to find the perfect custom color while the saturation keeps decreasing.
Thanks,
Red
Papa Red is offline   Reply With Quote