Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 04-29-2020, 03:51 PM   #1
Brad_Elliott
Bat Boy

Issues Installing Mods

Hey, I'm new to OOTP and computer gaming (and especially modding) as I've typically been a console gamer.

I was able to install the Updated Facegen, but am having trouble with some baseball cards and uniforms/caps. I've extracted the files, but when I try to paste them into the OOTP installation I get an error that says "Compressed (zipped) Folders Error - File note found or no read permission."

I think it is related to the fact the the file structure for my install of OOTP21 still shows all of the folders as being .zip, which seems odd. So in this case...

OOTP Baseball 21 > default_data > baseball_card_files.zip > bb_cards

That's the folder I think I need to put the baseball card files into, but get the error above.

Obviously, I don't know what I'm doing... am I right that there's something weird that the install has all of the default_data files as zip files?
Brad_Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:35 PM   #2
Brad_Elliott
Bat Boy

Ok, so I ran a couple tests, and it definitely has something to do with my install of OOTP. I just followed the prompts when I ran the .exe but all of the folders in my default_data folder have a .zip file extension and I'm pretty sure that's the problem. This is some kind of error, right? Do I just need to uninstall and reinstall? Any idea what option I picked that made it do this?
Old 04-30-2020, 01:02 PM   #3
micropterus58
All Star Starter

You need to learn the basics of dealing with compressed files before you start anything.
1) compressed files save space and download time by compressing the files. These files are typically in RAR, ZIP, 7Z formats. Each has their own developer so they are a little different behind the scenes. There are multiple programs you can use. Izarc and 7zip are free programs. Use google to find them yourself. (This is a teaching moment). Install the program.
2) make a temporary folder anywhere you like.
3) extract the ZIP (or any other type) to the temp folder. Inside there will be a bunch of files. For jerseys, caps and baseball cards these will be PNG files. PNG files are a type of graphics file. There are many more types.
4) sometimes there is a readme to instruct you where to copy the files to. At least there should be a readme. In this case copy the files to the bb_cards folder.
5) start the game. Verify that the files you added are indeed working.
6) Enjoy the game.
7) delete the temporary folder. Archive the ZIP file(s) just in case you need them again.
8) Remember to use google or bing to find answers quickly for basic PC questions. Remember to use the search function on this site. Your question has probably been asked previously. Post questions when needed, as you did.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 03:42 PM   #4
Brad_Elliott
Bat Boy

Turns out it was a problem with the install.

My "data" folder was almost completely empty, while the "default_data" with all of the zip files are essential back-ups (I guess?) that the program uses if you ever restore to defaults. They should all be mirrored into the "data" folder, but for whatever reason, mine wasn't. No idea how it was able to run at all without that, but whatever.

Uninstall didn't work, so I just backed-up by saves and deleted everything, then reinstalled. "Data" folders fixed. Seems to be working now.