Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-03-2019, 01:47 PM   #41
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I really don't understand how a team goes 32-1 to open the season. Isn't there some bad luck along the way?
Well, sure; otherwise they would have gone 33-0!

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:48 PM   #42
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

With all the auctions petered out and the season already about five weeks old, the Raccoons had after all scratched out another 48k PP. Assuming a steady flow of bronzes in 48 packs that end up getting quick-sold, I should get 50 packs out of those, when any normal person would have long activated their baseball wits and would have gotten two good-to-yay diamonds off the auction house instead of stupidly buying more and more packs.

Well, if you ever followed my dynasty Raccoons, you’d know that I am neither normal, nor do I possess baseball wits…

Like last week, listed are only live cards above silver and historicals except for bronzes, except where a card randomly leads to some greater goody, which, let’s be honest, never happens.

+++

(43) – SP Tom Browning – 1988 Unsung Hero *
(44) – SP Billy Rohr – 1967 Unsung Hero
(50) – SP Jim Bouton – 1969 Unsung Hero
(59) – 2B Mike Mordecai – 1995 Unsung Hero

(70) – RP Greg McMichael – 1995 Unsung Hero
(71) – 1B Chris Colabello – 2015 One Hit Wonder
(71) – 1B Chris Colabello – 2015 One Hit Wonder *
(72) – RP Carl Willis – 1991 Unsung Hero *
(73) – 1B Steven Pearce – 2018 Unsung Hero
(79) – LF Roy Sievers – 1957 All Star

(80) – 3B Austin Riley – Live *
(80) – SS Chris Taylor – Live *
(82) – LF Tommy Pham – Live *
(82) – SP Jose Quintana – Live
(85) – 1B Josh Bell – Live *
(85) – C J.T. Realmuto – Live *

(100) – 3B Nolan Arenado – Live *

Well, that sucked, too. I’m so eye-wateringly stupid.

Is Colabello the most recent One Hit Wonder card in the game?

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 02:47 PM   #43
old timer
Hall Of Famer

I'll probably jinx us, but the Raccoons are off to their best start ever. We're 30-4 (472+ RDiff pace) and have me thinking that maybe this will be the year where we finish with the best record in the league. OK, now we're doomed.

The SPs are doing so well (2.59 ERA), my bullpen is being under utilized. 3 of our RPs have a combined 7 Gs pitched. The only thing we're not doing well is hitting HRs (we're 13th). Speaking of HRs, Keeler did something I've never seen one of my players do before: He hit 2 grand-slam HRs in 1 game. He's also hitting .429 after having his 1st season ever with under 200 H (he hit only .282).

The points are flowing again. We're currently sitting at 99999 PP so it's going to be a while before we can get some shiny new card to upgrade the team.

Last edited by old timer; 09-03-2019 at 02:49 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:52 PM   #44
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The Colonels are off to a slow start at 23-21. I am fully aware that bad luck is playing a role in this, but I am not satisfied to stand by and do nothing while a playoff spot slips farther away. Therefore, three players have been banished to the reserve roster and replacements will be given a chance to revive the team. No one has been placed on the market yet, but a couple of players are perilously close to exhausting my patience. To paraphrase Branch Rickey: We can lose without them. Now, pass that wine bottle over here. My glass is empty again.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:56 PM   #45
Solafide
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The Dayton Lawmen are battling for a playoff spot, sitting now at 24-23 and only 2 GB after being 3-4 games under .500 all season. The acquisitions of Roger Clemens and Jarrod Parker have done wonders for the starting rotation.
Solafide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:06 PM   #46
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafide View Post
The Dayton Lawmen are battling for a playoff spot, sitting now at 24-23 and only 2 GB after being 3-4 games under .500 all season. The acquisitions of Roger Clemens and Jarrod Parker have done wonders for the starting rotation.
Did you pick Clemens up because he's good, or because he was born in Dayton?

I ask be he's on my Cincinnati team because he was born in Dayton.

I can't afford Mike Schmidt, though.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:09 PM   #47
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

I forgot to mention how the Mineurs are doing. They have made a big acquistion, picking up 92 OVR Andre Dawson. He goes straight into CF and Rock Raines slides back over to LF, his natural position. It's a bit bittersweet because that means George Bell goes to the reserve roster, but that's the breaks. You have to do what's best for the team.

Also, Mark Langston continues to be the staff ace, throwing a Maddux. The Mineurs are doing better than I thought they would their first season in Bronze. They are currently tied for 2nd place, two games back.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
Old 09-03-2019, 10:50 PM   #48
lightningbolts35
Minors (Single A)

Old Timer, your Raccoons are a fine team! Totally dominating! You have great pitching and some fine hitters. Right now, my division has three excellent teams that I see fighting for playoff positioning right down till the end of the season. Our division could very well end up with both wildcards along with the division winner. The Jonestown Athletics wish you the best of luck the rest of the way! Hopefully, we can meet up in the finals!

Last edited by lightningbolts35; 09-03-2019 at 10:51 PM.
lightningbolts35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:40 PM   #49
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
The Colonels are off to a slow start at 23-21. I am fully aware that bad luck is playing a role in this, but I am not satisfied to stand by and do nothing while a playoff spot slips farther away. Therefore, three players have been banished to the reserve roster and replacements will be given a chance to revive the team. No one has been placed on the market yet, but a couple of players are perilously close to exhausting my patience. To paraphrase Branch Rickey: We can lose without them. Now, pass that wine bottle over here. My glass is empty again.
Good job Coach, you're team is 7-1 since the shake-up. That Walter Johnson ERA, what on earth.

Cyclones are breaking, 48-3 now; 3-3 against the LA Rams, 45-0 against the rest of the field.

Ichiro still leading my team in HRs with 7.

Last edited by pappyzan; 09-03-2019 at 11:54 PM.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:47 PM   #50
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs have rebounded a bit on Day 2, carrying over some momentum from yesterday's finishing kick.

As of right now, the team is 30-19 and just reeled in the Cape Coral Swamp Rats into a virtual tie for 1st place (Frogs get the nod based on winning%). The Frogs only have a +35 RDiff so far, but the Swamp Rats are just +7. Not to jinx anything, but I like my team's chances to take the division. Definitely a fortuitous division placement looking around the league. Maybe only the NC Central with the impostor Louisville Colonels would've been easier.

Some of my optimism comes in the form of fresh blood. Just obtained PEAK Shoeless Joe to help complete the Luke Appling mission, and now both of them are inserted into the lineup. There could be some growing pains here with Appling starting to train at 2B, but an eventual 90-rated 2B that gets on base like him will be well worth it. I was very happy that the Shoeless Joe card also came "mint" as it was a card I had my eye on for DH duty irrespective of the Appling mission.

Of course, corresponding roster moves had to be made. SE Bill Madlock (a nice little lefty killer) and PEAK Tim Raines (sorry Rock, but my fave card was putting up a 4th consecutive sad, subpar season) are now on the reserve roster. LIVE Mike Trout will probably be the next to be booted off the team as he's so inconsistent, but I want to finish training him in RF first.

Another source of optimism is seeing that my starting pitchers don't all have ERA's in the 6/7/8 range anymore. Starter ERA (4.31) is still inflated but falling, and bullpen ERA (2.73) is forming up to specs. 95 Rollie Fingers and 100 Johan both have sub-1 ERA's...so if that were true for the rest of my team, then we would almost be as good as the Brooklyn Cyclones!

Yep, the Brooklyn Cyclones are playing .941 ball (48-3). Pray for the rest of us in P418.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:17 AM   #51
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Good job Coach, you're team is 7-1 since the shake-up. That Walter Johnson ERA, what on earth.
Walter was certainly a victim of his .351 BABIP, so he will come back at some point.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:56 AM   #52
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P437 Update

With one game left to simulate tonight, the Singapore Sluggers, in the midst of a 10-game winning streak, are, not surprisingly, the first team in P437 to reach 40 wins. They aren't running away with the best record in the AC, though; fellow division leaders Carolina Dirtbags and San Antonio Cotton Rats are right on their heels in the early going, and 3 more teams have at least 32 wins and .600+ winning percentages.

In the NC West, Huntley is holding off the Towers of the Dub by 5.5 games at the moment. Thanks to a lousy 3-8 record in 1-run games, the Red Raiders are undershooting their pythag record by 4 games already. The Winterfell Direwolves have a 5-game lead of their own in the NC Central, while the NC East is the closest division race in the league, with the Chico Heat a mere 1 game ahead of the Polonia Bytom so far. All in all, a very competitive league through the first third of the season.
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:55 AM   #53
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Sure about that?
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:55 AM   #54
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Coons can't stop playing their newest shtick, dawdling around above .500 early in the season only to then crash horribly later. Still occupied with the dawdling part so far, 28-26, although they were also 25-18 earlier, so perhaps we are into horrible crash territory already.

The Rebels can't to anything right for the second straight season and sit 23-30 and in last place in their division. PP? Nah, we don't bother with that kinda thing. Although they did get 250 PP for the coveted "Snapped losing streak of 10" achievement in the middle of May.

And nothing since.

Accountants are tied for first with the St. Louis Smackers, 36-18, the top two pitching teams in the league. Neither one has splendid offense (no wonder for us, given how I pump resources into diamond bats that never show up - no diamond hitter on this team has ever hit for a diamond achievement, f.e.!).

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:09 AM   #55
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes 14-12 month sees them drop to 2nd in the division at 28-23, currently only 2 of the starting lineup have OPS+ above 100. Quite surprising we are doing as well as we are.

Bad News Bulldogs move to 21-34 and not last in the division. Perfect is a step too far for this team, i'm surprised they did so well in diamond. As I don't intend spending money the team isn't going to improve any time soon, only feasible option i see is to ditch the reds only concept sell up the tradeables and build a new team with the PP i get from that plus the locked players I have.

Neuman Furshlugginers had a rocky month going 12-12, Mule Suttles continues to drive in runs, up to a league leading 48 now, but Jefferies is the star with the bat leading the league in extra base hits and total bases. with a .944 OPS. Starter era is 1st in the league, bullpen is 10th, so its obvious why our record isn't better

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:55 AM   #56
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Sure about that?
Took me about 29 seconds to get that? Thought it was a reference to a previous post...Defense Wins Championships...Sure about that? Ah. Ha.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:55 AM   #57
gemini615
All Star Reserve

I'm only 24 games back. That's nothing a nice little winning streak can't fix.
I'm considering implementing a 1 man rotation with Bob Feller rotating his throwing arm every other start. That should keep him fresh.
Attached Images
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:46 AM   #58
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningbolts35 View Post
Old Timer, your Raccoons are a fine team! Totally dominating! You have great pitching and some fine hitters. Right now, my division has three excellent teams that I see fighting for playoff positioning right down till the end of the season. Our division could very well end up with both wildcards along with the division winner. The Jonestown Athletics wish you the best of luck the rest of the way! Hopefully, we can meet up in the finals!

Greetings from the Evergreen Forest!

Speaking of dominating... Your team is now 43-10 .811. The Raccoons are still doing quite well at 42-11, but cooled off a bit of late.

Your division is definitely an interesting one with 3 of you all at .745 and above. Although I expect Kansas to be the #2 WC, I do think they'll cool off quite a bit. But your team and Bludhaven should be battling to the end. Too bad one of your teams has to be a WC.

Looking over the rosters of your team, mine and Bludhaven's, it looks to me like we're all about equal in terms of pitching, but I'd give the offensive edge to Bludhaven (with the Raccoons being 3rd) and the defensive edge to your team (though we're all pretty close there too). So if we do see each other in the world series, it should be a good one since we're fairly evenly matched (though I do believe your team and Bludhaven are better overall than the Raccoons).

Good luck to you the rest of the way and I hope to see you in the WS!
Old 09-04-2019, 09:50 AM   #59
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Sure about that?
Well, defense wins championships. He gave up 12 runs to you, therefore, he has no defense. So his losing record checks out...

SPTT team

Old 09-04-2019, 10:21 AM   #60
Solafide
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Did you pick Clemens up because he's good, or because he was born in Dayton?

I ask be he's on my Cincinnati team because he was born in Dayton.

I can't afford Mike Schmidt, though.

Well, neither really. I hit him in a pack...LOL. But ya, Dayton native which most people don't even know.

***edit***

Last edited by Solafide; 09-04-2019 at 10:35 AM.
Solafide is offline   Reply With Quote