Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-17-2019, 10:54 AM   #5101
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Haven't done anything with the Gutter Cats in several weeks. I was going to buy 40 packs but saw a 97 Cy Young for 40k BIN so I'm now broke but upgraded my starting staff.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 05:27 PM   #5102
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

All Time Through 2043

Includes all games and teams.
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:18 PM   #5103
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Check out how competitive the AC West is in Perfect .420 (blaze it). The Cowboys lead the division with a negative run differential with every team within a couple games.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:23 PM   #5104
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Check out how competitive the AC West is in Perfect .420 (blaze it). The Cowboys lead the division with a negative run differential with every team within a couple games.
Brutal. Southern was in last place for awhile. Lowest ranked team in the power ratings from that division is #20 overall. Strong.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:00 AM   #5105
JazzyJesus5
Bat Boy

Hey guys, my f2p team would fit in perfectly with you guys and they're pretty competitive too for a team in perfect. Anyone wanna give me some advice on joining? This is my current team, the only one not shown is Mondesi who will be gone by next week. Thanks!

JazzyJesus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:14 AM   #5106
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Energizer Bunnies rebuild....

So, for each of my teams, I kind of go through a pattern of rotating among them to do upgrades. Last week, I upgraded the Southpaws (going from Vaughan 97 to peak Vaughan 98, adding Fingers (94) to relief corp, and adding Charlie Gehringer (98) to play 2B). The week before that, I upgraded the Caspers.

This week, it is Battery Point's turn. I have gotten SE John O'Neil (88) to train at 2B, and Cy Seymour (97) to train at RF. But long-term gain will come with short-term pain as I train them at their new positions. For this season, it remains to be seen whether the added offense will help more than the field defense will hinder the Energizer Bunnies.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:25 AM   #5107
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Brutal. Southern was in last place for awhile. Lowest ranked team in the power ratings from that division is #20 overall. Strong.
Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with the Southpaws this year. They should only be improved over last year, but they are struggling. The only positive signs are that their pythagorean record is 29-22, and they have played more games on the road than at home. I hope they will get out of this funk before the season's over.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 05:08 AM   #5108
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJesus5 View Post
Hey guys, my f2p team would fit in perfectly with you guys and they're pretty competitive too for a team in perfect. Anyone wanna give me some advice on joining? This is my current team, the only one not shown is Mondesi who will be gone by next week. Thanks!

It's pretty easy. Just go to this link -https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qgfp1bGjIwrFFcnJtcBmz2sg_ZiTiB6b-JBNFnWty3o/edit#gid=0

Put all the teams in your level on your friends list. Then fill our your list with teams that are close to you. On Sunday afternoon, check the list again for any promotions or relegations, and adjust your list, if needed.

Although not required, it is very strongly suggested you add - OL to the end of your team name and + to your team's abbreviation to make your team easier to track.

Make sure you adjust your preferences to "use Friends List," and make sure you hit "submit team" when you've made your list and whenever you update it.

Just post your team name and the user name for that team. At some point going forward, please post your team logo for when crowns are awarded for OL play.

That's it. Welcome aboard!
Attached Images
Attached Files
File Type: txt OurLeagueCompliance.txt (1.2 KB, 25 views)
Old 09-18-2019, 05:10 AM   #5109
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Think I screwed up pasting the link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...y3o/edit#gid=0
Old 09-18-2019, 05:18 AM   #5110
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Melaka Sailing Along in OL S327

The Armada stormed the beaches of OL 327, rampaging to a 12-1 mark and taking a comfortable lead in the crown chase. Trailing teams have seen their chances downgraded to "lurking," and need to post similarly strong efforts to regain "contender" status. Salem had a fine month, at 10-4, to creep closer to lurking range.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-18-2019, 06:47 AM   #5111
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Perfect league update:

Tight race at the top with Battery Point, Victoria, Fargo and Washington all playing over .600 ball in OL play.
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:55 AM   #5112
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Bronze league update:

Asheboro remains unblemished in OL play after the first two months.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 09-18-2019, 08:02 AM   #5113
Charlatan
All Star Starter

D377 Update

Hampton Roads Continues Strong Play, Extends Lead In Diamond

The Hampton Roads Rush played excellent ball in May, while their competitors floundered, allowing the Rush a chance to pull away from the pack in Diamond. It's still early but Hampton Road's play is starting to make the other Diamond OL teams worried...
Attached Images
Image Image 
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:04 AM   #5114
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJesus5 View Post

Near the end of the week you need to tell us your team name, your manager name, and which league you'll be in next year - the earlier the better. Welcome!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:23 AM   #5115
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

Eye/Power team

Any folks ever build an Eye/Power team? Any tips?

Edit: Would it be more successful as a Power or an OBP team?

Selling my starting 3b with a haphazard backup crew caused more issues than anticipated as I battle to stay above relegation.

I suppose I should have waited a week to test new park dimensions as well.

F2P Packs

Last edited by Diezwraths; 09-18-2019 at 09:49 AM. Reason: More text
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:28 AM   #5116
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
Perfect league update:

Tight race at the top with Battery Point, Victoria, Fargo and Washington all playing over .600 ball in OL play.
We're going down. See y'all in Diamond 2045...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:23 PM   #5117
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
We're going down. See y'all in Diamond 2045...

I might be keeping you company there at the bottom..... and gotta say I won't really mind if they just decide to languish in the basement, as long as they nab one of those 4 relegation spots; cause the no-mans-land purgatory of just below .500 ball is getting old
Old 09-18-2019, 07:49 PM   #5118
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I might be keeping you company there at the bottom..... and gotta say I won't really mind if they just decide to languish in the basement, as long as they nab one of those 4 relegation spots; cause the no-mans-land purgatory of just below .500 ball is getting old
Yep. My last three seasons in Perfect:

76-86
72-90
72-90

The last two seasons, we made a push in September to pull out of the relegation spot.

I'm thinking if it happens again this season (somehow) I might just try my luck in a non-OL Perfect league and see what happens. But I doubt it will happen. We're going back to Diamond, which is the natural level for an FTP Reds-centric team, to be honest.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:16 PM   #5119
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Mokes might be going down too. Not surprising considering they are all Gold.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:00 PM   #5120
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Good news: three "win streak" achievements in a week.
Bad news: three "win streak" achievements in a week.

Bears have turned...bearish...in the past week, going 3-7, including getting shut-out 3 times. Puts a dent in an otherwise unbelievable season so far.

Currently 18 ½ games in front in the NC West and hoping we haven't peaked too soon.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote