Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:21 AM   #4781
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
The friending has to be reciprocal for placement to work, so if the people in Gold didn't friend you then you wouldn't get pulled in.
I know I did my part. Not gonna blame anyone, but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

We'll just have to do what we can do, whoop these non-OL scrubs, and get the promotion to diamond that I've been chasing for a few weeks

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:36 AM   #4782
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
It's sad that we lost the bronze league from the past week, but I think this should be a reminder to all of us that we need to be vigilant in some way, and be prepared to pick up the slack if someone cannot get the stats. All of us in OL work so hard when called upon, and it's a shame to have a season at any level lost.

I've had a thought or two about a plan I had. What if one of us attaches our non-OL teams to the lower leagues (if we have a team in bronze or iron) that may not get the attention it needs? That way, even if all the OL members are not paying attention to the head to heads, someone is.

Just a thought to make sure we never lose a season of OL play again.

Let the 2042 campaign begin. Good luck, have fun, and don't die.
Goliathus posted the Bronze team-v-team for 2041 in the wee hours, so got those logged
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:21 AM   #4783
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
Goliathus posted the Bronze team-v-team for 2041 in the wee hours, so got those logged
Goliathus to the rescue!

Still, I think a plan to attach a non-OL team to the lower levels has some merit so we don't have a close call like this again.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:50 PM   #4784
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
The friending has to be reciprocal for placement to work, so if the people in Gold didn't friend you then you wouldn't get pulled in.
I think that is what happened in NFTP/OL.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 12:51 PM   #4785
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
As far as I can tell, looks like everybody made it in. Like last year, there is a dominant division: but this time it is the AC West, with three perennial playoff teams (Senators, Lagers, and Southpaws) and one "likely" playoff team (Parakeets):

Not likely making the playoffs from that division. I am stoked that all my teams are in different divisions though.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 01:00 PM   #4786
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
I know I did my part. Not gonna blame anyone, but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

We'll just have to do what we can do, whoop these non-OL scrubs, and get the promotion to diamond that I've been chasing for a few weeks

I know I have you friended. No way I would piss off Magus Steinbrenner. I think your rngjesus theory is most likely. The friends list was a nice addition, but I doubt if they have the time to monitor its performance very closely, so there are occasional hiccups.

As for stats, my three teams are in diamond, gold, and silver. I don't necessarily want to do all three, but will if needed. How about we make this post a call for people to identify which they can handle, so we know where we stand, and can have a week for a work around if we need one? Big thanks to Goliathus for coming through in the clutch.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:25 PM   #4787
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Welcome Maxfire

Glad to see your teams made it in. A couple of things I forgot. It's kind of helpful if your don't use the fairly generic logos that PT produces. They make it tough to pick out when checking the schedules. I was thinking of the Topeka logo, in particular. Your other two seem to stand out pretty well. If you need help with making one, just post a brief description of what you'd like and there are people who'll give it a whirl, myself included. I've attached one as an example. I see a few that I've made in D374 if you want to see more samples, such as Transylvania, Viginia, Boogie, and Hampton Roads. Not a requirement, but it is helpful.

Second, please add a + to your team's abbreviation. For example, Topeka Defenders becomes TOD+.

Thanks again for joining us.
Attached Images
Old 09-02-2019, 03:02 PM   #4788
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
I know I have you friended. No way I would piss off Magus Steinbrenner. I think your rngjesus theory is most likely. The friends list was a nice addition, but I doubt if they have the time to monitor its performance very closely, so there are occasional hiccups.

As for stats, my three teams are in diamond, gold, and silver. I don't necessarily want to do all three, but will if needed. How about we make this post a call for people to identify which they can handle, so we know where we stand, and can have a week for a work around if we need one? Big thanks to Goliathus for coming through in the clutch.
I'll attempt to take on the silver stuff, but history says that my schedule counting tends to leave games out inadvertently. Always had a issue with the math.

Old 09-02-2019, 04:10 PM   #4789
Magus978
All Star Starter

That said...we've got a lot of silver OL games this week because we have so many entrants. Try to keep up, we've got a lot of games. Not listing the individual amount of games against each team. You can go to your schedules and figure it out yourself

Amarillo: 47 Home 49 Away
Antique: 34 Home, 35 Away
Chi-Town: 44 Home, 43 Away
Melaka: 38 Home, 34 Away
Missouri: 45 Home, 48 Away
Mudville: 21 Home, 25 Away
New Zealand: 22 Home, 20 Away
Northborough: 45 Home, 42 Away
Northeast Corridor: 21 Home, 30 Away
Redmond: 48 Home, 47 Away
San Pedro: 49 Home, 44 Away
Southside: 44 Home, 48 Away
Steelport: 42 Home, 44 Away
Tacoma: 26 Home, 26 Away
Terra Incognita: 20 Home, 24 Away

This is a rough count and is probably way wrong because there's an overabundance of away games for each club as I've simply counted the games on the schedule by hand. I request someone check and make sure I didn't screw this up too badly. Of course, some matchups have been played already.

Last edited by Magus978; 09-02-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:55 PM   #4790
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Silver

Thanks Magus. This is the one I didn't think anyone would do, so here it is again. I'm sure they're different, but I can't say which is correct. Maybe neither.
Attached Images
Old 09-02-2019, 04:56 PM   #4791
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Gold

I make no claims to complete accuracy. I didn't double-check any of them. In doing this one, I came to understand why the Hunters live on Sad Hill. They're lonely! They hardly get to play at all with their OL friends.
They're on the sidelines after August 14th.
Attached Images

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 09-02-2019 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:58 PM   #4792
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Diamond

Last one.
Attached Images
Old 09-02-2019, 05:30 PM   #4793
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Mo vs. Moe

Can you guess which stands out more when one is doing the stats?
Attached Images
Old 09-02-2019, 05:39 PM   #4794
Edster007
All Star Starter

Kevin Brown throws my first no hitter at any level vs. Tokyo. A two out walk in 3rd inning is all that came between Brown and a perfecto.
Attached Images
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:33 PM   #4795
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:

Stanley I will do Diamond. That's the only league I can see anymore since all my teams are good but not great.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:56 PM   #4796
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I can cover Perfect and Bronze..... figure with only 6 teams in Bronze it won't take that long to throw together.... the 21 in Perfect take a bit more effort... looking forward to the day when we have 30 teams in the top tier so it'd only take posting the actual standings
Old 09-02-2019, 08:43 PM   #4797
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Glad to see your teams made it in. A couple of things I forgot. It's kind of helpful if your don't use the fairly generic logos that PT produces. They make it tough to pick out when checking the schedules. I was thinking of the Topeka logo, in particular. Your other two seem to stand out pretty well. If you need help with making one, just post a brief description of what you'd like and there are people who'll give it a whirl, myself included. I've attached one as an example. I see a few that I've made in D374 if you want to see more samples, such as Transylvania, Viginia, Boogie, and Hampton Roads. Not a requirement, but it is helpful.

Second, please add a + to your team's abbreviation. For example, Topeka Defenders becomes TOD+.

Thanks again for joining us.
Thanks. I've added the + to all my team abbreviations now. I really am not too fussed with any of my logos. Just what the game gave me. I'm happy to change it. If someone wants to provide an alternate one for the Topeka Defenders, I'll take a look at it! Anything to make it easier on everybody.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 06:19 AM   #4798
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Bronze league update:

Salem off to a perfect start after a month of play.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 09-03-2019, 06:35 AM   #4799
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Perfect league update:

Southern red hot to start the season.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 09-03-2019, 06:47 AM   #4800