Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 07-04-2017, 11:30 PM   #1
SCampo98
Bat Boy

How do I turn on Draft in Historical Sandbox?

I can't figure out how to turn on the ability to draft the future prospects in historical sandbox mode. I'm starting my season in 1995/96 so the draft should be an available option. How to I go about turning it on as opposed to having the players added to their real-life teams?
SCampo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:42 AM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCampo98 View Post
I can't figure out how to turn on the ability to draft the future prospects in historical sandbox mode. I'm starting my season in 1995/96 so the draft should be an available option. How to I go about turning it on as opposed to having the players added to their real-life teams?
It's an option when you start the mode. "Draft Rookies/Generate Rookies at Age 17". If you didn't select it though, you'll need to restart your game.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:05 AM   #3
SCampo98
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
It's an option when you start the mode. "Draft Rookies/Generate Rookies at Age 17". If you didn't select it though, you'll need to restart your game.
I did see and select that, but will that mean the new players are drafted in, or will they be placed on their actual team. There's no way to select from the two of those.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:14 AM   #4
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I did see and select that, but will that mean the new players are drafted in, or will they be placed on their actual team. There's no way to select from the two of those.
Yeah the option is really not clear. And I'm not at home so I can't check which is which but here is how I figured it out.

Start a new game and have the option checked, then go to the trading screen and see if you have the option to trade draft picks. If your picks are nowhere to be shown to trade, then you have the wrong option and every year you will receive the players that were drafted originally by the teams in that year.

If the picks are available for trade, then you got the option right and you will get to draft.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:33 PM   #5
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

If you check the "Draft Rookies / Generate Rookies at Age 17" option (enabled) => player will be generated with age 17 and be placed in a draft (the draft is always at the start of the year!).

If you don´t select the option (disabled) => player enter the league when they originally entered the league and will be placed on their first team (no draft!).
Old 07-08-2017, 12:29 PM   #6
SCampo98
Bat Boy

I was wondering if you could help me with a question about something else in the draft. I was wondering how the prospects work.

For example in 1999, will Patrik Stefan be ranked high because at the time he was ranked high, or will he be ranked lower because he never panned out? Conversely, will Henrik Zetterberg be ranked low as he was ranked there in 1999, or will he be ranked higher because of how he turned out? Thanks in advance!
Old 07-08-2017, 12:43 PM   #7
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
I was wondering if you could help me with a question about something else in the draft. I was wondering how the prospects work.

For example in 1999, will Patrik Stefan be ranked high because at the time he was ranked high, or will he be ranked lower because he never panned out? Conversely, will Henrik Zetterberg be ranked low as he was ranked there in 1999, or will he be ranked higher because of how he turned out? Thanks in advance!
Because it is Historical, prospects are going to be rated a lot closer to how they actually turn out. That being said, a guy like Stefan will still be rated fairly high coming into the draft, but it's more a buyer-beware situation. Scouting reports should reflect that as well.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote