Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-21-2016, 12:18 PM   #21
JMDurron
All Star Starter

I've noticed that the stamina dropoff seems reduced in OOTP 17 compared to previous versions. Even an hour+ rain delay in the 2nd/3rd inning doesn't seem to force most SPs to tire before 100+ pitches, while I think it did do so in previous versions. I had initially thought it was just having too many high STA relievers in my Modern league, but now I'm wondering if there's something in OOTP 17 specifically impacting this as well.
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:24 PM   #22
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDurron View Post
I've noticed that the stamina dropoff seems reduced in OOTP 17 compared to previous versions. Even an hour+ rain delay in the 2nd/3rd inning doesn't seem to force most SPs to tire before 100+ pitches, while I think it did do so in previous versions. I had initially thought it was just having too many high STA relievers in my Modern league, but now I'm wondering if there's something in OOTP 17 specifically impacting this as well.
I noticed this as well.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:49 PM   #23
Number4
Major Leagues

I'm speaking from my own sports experience as footballer, this might or might not be similar to pitching:

Once you are tired to a point and you stop too long, your limb shuts down into regeneration mode so to speak. It is very difficult to get it going again.

For me it is mostly my legs, for obvious reasons. If I lets say play 70 minutes of a 90 minute game and get substituted off, I will feel dead and tired very soon and I couldn't probably reenter and play very well. However, if I don't stop, I might carry on for the full 90, the tiredness only kicking in afterwards.

I'd assume pitchers have similar effects - if you have the delay at the beginning, the limb will not switch into regenerating so to say and you can get it going again. If the delay is near the end, you're likely done.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:05 AM   #24
MrBojangles
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
Can you recall what the specific game conditions were when the game was suspended?
I just resumed the suspended game. (Of course, now all of his pitchers are rested so I lost that advantage)

We were tied 4-4 in the bottom of the 14th when stopped for weather.
My team was pitching, though with my second best reliever - they had bases loaded with no outs. Right where I wanted them!

In the resumed game, their first batter hit a line drive to my SS who caught the ball and then zinged it to third to catch the runner off-base for a double play. We struck out the next guy to end the inning.

Top of the 15th and my league-leading HR slugger is up to bat. I hit the "1" button for first pitch and the game crashed.

When I restarted the game, it was back to the resumed point with bases loaded and me pitching. First pitch was a single up the middle for a walk-off. Heartbreaker.
MrBojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:10 AM   #25
rylinus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I recently had a situation where there was a 70 minute rain delay in the middle of the 4th inning and when play resumed my pitcher was exhausted. When I went to the mound he said he could not throw another pitch. However because the rain delay happened suddenly I had no one in the bullpen before it started. The new pitcher I brought in on no rest got shelled and it cost me the game.

I am wondering if the game takes into account that the game is in a rain delay and does not penalize new pitchers brought in during these situations, like when pitcher injuries occur. If not, what strategies can you employ here?

Thanks.
rylinus is offline   Reply With Quote