Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Online Leagues

OOTP 14 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 14 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
scherfmd
Bat Boy

Online League Trades with AI

Hi everyone -

Sorry, I am a OOTP 14 noob so forgive me if this question has been answered somewhere and I didn't find it through search.

So I started an online league with myself and two friends. The rest of the teams are AI controlled. Now I have figured out the commish (me) has to process all of the trades.

My question is: If one of the owners sends me a proposed trade between a user team and an AI team, and I input it through the commish dashboard, will the AI team still have the option to reject that trade? Or does every trade the commish puts through automatically happen?

Also, does the trading block function work in online leagues? Is there a way to "shop" your players?

Thanks in advance!
scherfmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
Let'sGoBraves
Minors (Single A)

Hi there. A friend of mine and I are attempting to do the very same thing. Here's what we did...I marked both of our Human Managers as Playing as Commissioner. This has allowed us both to shop players. He is only using the shop player option and working deals with non-human teams until they agree to the trade and then I'm making all of the actual trades on my end. He's doing everything else as if he was just a league member. This has gotten around the problem of only the commissioner having access to the trade menu.

I have yet to sim any days yet so it's still unknown if the other teams will trade with each other. I tried setting up a human GM for a few of the teams we are not controlling and I changed their manger options to allow the computer to handle every team function. Those teams did not make offers when our own teams shopped players so we scratched that idea. You asked this question a few weeks back. Have you since come up with a solution?

Last edited by Let'sGoBraves; 08-10-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Let'sGoBraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:53 PM   #3
SupermanBSU
Minors (Double A)

I just asked the same question in a different thread. I'll see if I get any responses and post them here.

My dad and I play a league together and he has to send me his trade potential that I as commish have to input and see how that AI team responds.

Making him commish as well so he can do it him self seems like a good work around unless I hear something else.
SupermanBSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:10 AM   #4
rutri01
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by scherfmd View Post
Hi everyone -

Sorry, I am a OOTP 14 noob so forgive me if this question has been answered somewhere and I didn't find it through search.

So I started an online league with myself and two friends. The rest of the teams are AI controlled. Now I have figured out the commish (me) has to process all of the trades.

My question is: If one of the owners sends me a proposed trade between a user team and an AI team, and I input it through the commish dashboard, will the AI team still have the option to reject that trade? Or does every trade the commish puts through automatically happen?

Also, does the trading block function work in online leagues? Is there a way to "shop" your players?

Thanks in advance!
Online leagues usually use some type of forum. Trade blocks and completed are placed in the forum and the Commish does it in there file. I'm not sure about your question about the trades. I'm a commish and I process the trades in my file before a sim and it is processed right away. Both teams need to agree offline and post there approvals in the forum. Thats how most online league work.

FYI - we two openings if anyone is interested. Our forum is here if you want to look around Free forum : North American Baseball League. Quests have limited views.

our facebook page is here - https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-N...?ref=bookmarks
rutri01 is offline   Reply With Quote